You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Edselman

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY (eve)

45 comments in this topic

[NNG]
Members
1,663 posts
2,789 battles

I'll be busy tomorrow so I'm making this thread today. I hope everyone has a fantastic Independence Day and don't forget to leave milk out cookies out for Captain America tonight. 

Image result for merica gifsRelated image

Image result for merica gifsImage result for merica memes

Related imageImage result for merica gifs

Related image

Image result for murica gifsImage result for merica memes

Image result for bald eagle with flag

Image result for american gifsRelated image

Image result for merica memesImage result for merica memes

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,279 posts

Seriously? You couldn't wait 7 hours?

[CK5]
Members
981 posts
8,531 battles
23 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Satire does not follow a schedule.  

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
1 minute ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Satire does not follow a schedule.  

This guy isn't satire... he really is like this...

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles
58 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Freedom waits for no man.

Museum_of_Freedom_Mural.thumb.jpg.3a0bf50c4de9c7865cb06cb730d32c15.jpg

Murica_Fyeah.gif.16fdb859804969c5a6edf8766bc4bd53.gif.7d055b28b96aa898c36074410f51e241.gif

[SOUP]
8,279 posts

You know what the best part about that All-American Fallout 4 mural is? The Soviet LK sitting on the Moon~ You'd think someone would have noticed that tiny detail during development

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles
10 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

You know what the best part about that All-American Fallout 4 mural is? The Soviet LK sitting on the Moon~ You'd think someone would have noticed that tiny detail during development

It first appeared in Fallout 3. Pretty sure they chose that design just because it somewhat fit the 50s, 60s aesthetic they were going for. Lest we forget, the Anti-Material Rifle in New Vegas is the French PGM Hecate II rifle. It is weird nonetheless they chose that of all things.

Here is the Fallout Wiki article on it: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Valiant_11

[AFK]
[AFK]
Members
410 posts
9,648 battles

I wait to show a military parade on Washington DC.

And happy 4th July.

@RedSeaBear

For France, is a 14th July,  France is not fully democratic, french elected their absolute king every five year.

French dream vs American dream

yes-week-end-reve-francais.jpg

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
1 minute ago, TwoOfFour said:

It first appeared in Fallout 3. Pretty sure they chose that design just because it somewhat fit the 50s, 60s aesthetic they were going for. Lest we forget, the Anti-Material Rifle in New Vegas is the French PGM Hecate II rifle. It is weird nonetheless they chose that of all things.

Here is the Fallout Wiki article on it: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Valiant_11

You'd think with all their design staff they could have made a fallout-esqe version of the more iconic Apollo.  "We need something more odd-looking"   "How about we just use our talented concept artists?"   "Nah, lets just use this Soviet one that anyone familiar with spaceflight history will recognize"

1 minute ago, tugdual said:

And happy 4th July.

@RedSeaBear

For France, is a 14th July,  France is not fully democratic, french elected their absolute king every five year.

French dream vs American dream

Oh? Are you insulting France?

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles
4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

You'd think with all their design staff they could have made a fallout-esqe version of the more iconic Apollo.  "We need something more odd-looking"   "How about we just use our talented concept artists?"   "Nah, lets just use this Soviet one that anyone familiar with spaceflight history will recognize"

Well, this is Bethesda we talking about. Someone even gave the Missouri a fourth turret of all things!

7 minutes ago, tugdual said:

The military parade was moved to Veteren's Day. It still won't be as grand as Russia's Victory Day or France's Bastille Day. Especially with the type of culture America has now.

Edited by TwoOfFour

[NNG]
Members
1,663 posts
2,789 battles
56 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

b1QnmOK.gif

Image result for americaball gif

33 minutes ago, TwoOfFour said:

Freedom waits for no man.

Murica_Fyeah.gif.16fdb859804969c5a6edf8766bc4bd53.gif.7d055b28b96aa898c36074410f51e241.gif

Image result for america moon memes

• Cool 1

Members
5,352 posts
6,090 battles
33 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I find it funny that the battleship in the mural has 63 on it, which is Missouri, but it has 4 turrets like a Montana-class. It's almost like Bethesda just makes stuff up, ya know?:Smile_teethhappy:

Also, obligatory USA gif:

J9Ai1w3.gifIK5Cu0I.gif

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
24 minutes ago, TwoOfFour said:

Well, this is Bethesda we talking about. Someone even gave the Missouri a fourth turret of all things!

confused-anime-gif-7.gif

24 minutes ago, TwoOfFour said:

The military parade was moved to Veteren's Day. It still won't be as grand as Russia's Victory Day or France's Bastille Day. Especially with the type of culture America has now.

I still hope you guys aren't going to have it on Pennsylvania Ave... it would be a massive mistake unless you enjoy the thought of closing that street down for months to repair it. One thing that Red Square, Tiananmen Square, Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Kim Il-sung Square... most major parade squares and roads around the world in fact, all have one very important thing in common: They're brickwork, not paved. This allows the road to flex as columns of heavy armour pass over it.

If America tries to out-shine their eastern counterparts and put on the biggest and flashiest show but on a paved road.... you'd better have the infantry march ahead of the armour.... lest they be tripping over the cracks that 100 Abrams will cause

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer

DSKY interface

" Although data was stored internally in metric units, they were displayed as United States customary units. "

Also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter#Cause_of_failure
Also, your country uses Metric as standard now in all major industries, it's only your consumer products that still use USCU.
Also, to answer your question, The USSR's flag was there first, followed by America's (which is now likely a bleached-white cloth on a stick thanks to solar radiation), and recently China's flag

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
802 posts
4,640 battles

Dear America:

Image result for happy treason day

NOW GET BACK TO WORK!

Love, Kaga.

The servers friendly Brit. :p

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles
34 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

I still hope you guys aren't going to have it on Pennsylvania Ave... it would be a massive mistake unless you enjoy the thought of closing that street down for months to repair it. One thing that Red Square, Tiananmen Square, Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Kim Il-sung Square... most major parade squares and roads around the world in fact, all have one very important thing in common: They're brickwork, not paved. This allows the road to flex as columns of heavy armour pass over it.

If America tries to out-shine their eastern counterparts and put on the biggest and flashiest show but on a paved road.... you'd better have the infantry march ahead of the armour.... lest they be tripping over the cracks that 100 Abrams will cause

It is going to be on Pennsylvania Avenue and I'm pretty sure about 99% of the roads in Washington D.C. are paved. The last parade was in 91' and they didn't show off that much armor. They did land a Harrier and some copters in front of the Lincoln memorial. Nevertheless, knowing President Trump, its going to be the most flashiest and American parade in history.

(I'm typing this as I'm listening to the Soviet anthem.)

• Funny 1

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
2 minutes ago, TwoOfFour said:

Reconstruction contractors are gonna make a killing

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

It's always bemused me that July 4th is celebrated as "Independence Day."

Just because part of an empire declares independence doesn't necessarily make it so -- if this were the case then there would be a Confederate States of America.

The Treaty of Paris was ratified May 12, 1784 -- this should be "Independence Day."   

• Cool 1

Members
249 posts
2,518 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's always bemused me that July 4th is celebrated as "Independence Day."

Just because part of an empire declares independence doesn't necessarily make it so -- if this were the case then there would be a Confederate States of America.

The Treaty of Paris was ratified May 12, 1784 -- this should be "Independence Day."   

I'M SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF A THOUSAND ROUNDS OF FREEDOM PER SECOND!

[DAKI]
802 posts
4,640 battles
1 minute ago, TwoOfFour said:

I'M SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF A THOUSAND ROUNDS OF FREEDOM PER SECOND!

The Gau8 fires less than 100 rounds per second... Nowhere near 1000...

[AFK]
[AFK]
Members
410 posts
9,648 battles
1 hour ago, Chobittsu said:

Oh? Are you insulting France?

No, and every night i' m  dreaming about of my five week of paid vacation.

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
6 minutes ago, TwoOfFour said:

WHAT WAS THAT? I'M SORRY BUT I CAN'T HEAR YOU

The Gau8 fires less than 100 rounds per second... Nowhere near 1000...

Yeah, and if it fired any faster it would melt    XD

• Bad 1

[DAKI]
802 posts
4,640 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

Yeah, and if it fired any faster it would melt    XD

Only on Tuesdays

[SOUP]
8,279 posts
1 minute ago, Kaga_Kai_Ni said:

Only on Tuesdays

> US soldier in Iraq calls in CAS at 23:50 on Monday
> A-10 comes around for it's pass
> Clock strikes 00:00
> A-10 turns back into metal pumpkin

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
9 minutes ago, TwoOfFour said:

I was with a recon infantry unit in desert training when those things were first introduced. It's pretty impressive watching them fly over and shoot that cannon at things a hundred meters in front of you.