Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
saintsfan1622000

Improve clans and CBs

3 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
352 posts
11,120 battles

Hello all clans and clan members.

Something I wanted to bring up as season 3 of clan battles has started is how WG has handled clans and their members in regard to clan battles. In the past, you could run two teams, but if they were not roughly equal in skill, one team would bring the better team down. So if lower skilled players wanted to play, it was best to move them to a sub-clan so they’d have their own rating.

Now we have an Alpha and Bravo team within a clan that means you effectively have two independent teams within the clan, and the higher of the two counts as your official clan rating.

What this also means is with just two teams in a clan, if you have more than about 20 members that want to play CBs, that you need to create a sub-clan to move them to so they can form a team or two. With the three-day waiting period between switching clans, that means if you run short a person on a given night, you can’t just grab someone from your sub-clan. You may not be able to play at all that night while the sub-clan has people sitting who want to play.

I don’t understand why a clan can have up to 50 members, but only 14 can play CBs at a time and a given team may have eight or nine members. That just seems exclusionary to me and forces you to make a sub-clan to allow more people to play.

Why can’t there be Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, etc. teams in a clan? Why is a clan not allowed to have related clans in-game and be allowed to move people from one related clan to another without penalty?

It takes a lot of coordination and communicate to manage multiple clans with different commanders and officers.

[HINON]
Members
10,703 posts

Think a bit about ways those mechanics can be exploited and you'll have your answer.

[KSC]
Members
70 posts
16,829 battles
On 7/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, saintsfan1622000 said:

I don’t understand why a clan can have up to 50 members, but only 14 can play CBs at a time and a given team may have eight or nine members. That just seems exclusionary to me and forces you to make a sub-clan to allow more people to play.

That's not how it works.  If you have enough players, and enough officers on to start divisions, you can run more than one Alpha Team and more than one Bravo Team at the same time.  So if you can be playing up to 49 members at a time if they are all online.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this