Chobittsu

[ALL] Maple Leaf Forever - The Essential Haida Edit

20 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,284 posts

I'll keep this simple, Wargaming missed an important detail on the Haida, which I quickly worked to rectify; They forgot her maple leaf!
funnels-and-torpedo-tubes.jpg
This simple lil mod adds a maple leaf to the aft funnel, nothing spectacular, but it brings a lil bit of Canada to the standard, non-Canada Day camos~

Haida Maple Leaf

Just unpack into the current mods folder!

It may not be historically accurate, but it's something Haida needed to set her apart from the bog-standard Tribals we'll see in the future
shot_18_07_01_16_00_02_0547_by_chobittsu

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,605 battles

I wonder if it'll perform better than that one recent year there were zero Canadian hockey teams in the playoffs.

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,284 posts
31 minutes ago, Raptormama said:

I noticed that it was missing. When was it added?

Never, I added it myself~
Just a quick edit to the textures and a few special layering

[SNAP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
145 posts
4,469 battles
On 7/3/2018 at 4:14 PM, Chobittsu said:

it's something Haida needed to set her apart from the bog-standard Tribals we'll see in the future.

There won't even be a bog-standard Tribal if the current info is to be believed.  Haida and Cossack are all we're getting from that class.

Members
5 posts
1,222 battles

Thumbs up and thanks for making this little mod!!:Smile_great:

I thought there was something wrong.

I was looking at RCN pics of Haida and noticed that WOWS had forgot to put a Maple Leaf.

Haida215a.jpg

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,284 posts
1 hour ago, Samuraijack said:

That's the 1950s version of her

Members
102 posts
3,785 battles
On 7/3/2018 at 4:14 PM, Chobittsu said:

This simple lil mod adds a maple leaf to the aft funnel, nothing spectacular, but it brings a lil bit of Canada to the standard, non-Canada Day camos~

Haida Maple Leaf

Just unpack into the current mods folder!

It may not be historically accurate, but it's something Haida needed to set her apart from the bog-standard Tribals we'll see in the future

any pics?

want to see what I am getting before I download. 

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,284 posts
Just now, Commissar_Carl said:

any pics?

want to see what I am getting before I download. 

Of the mod? All it does is add that leaf on the funnel, second pic on the first post

Members
102 posts
3,785 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

Of the mod? All it does is add that leaf on the funnel, second pic on the first post

how'd I miss that? thanks!

[FLS]
Members
191 posts
On 7/6/2018 at 1:17 AM, Chobittsu said:

Never, I added it myself~
Just a quick edit to the textures and a few special layering

Oh, sorry for the confusion -- I mean when it was added to the actual ship.

[WAIFU]
Members
1,150 posts
6,465 battles
17 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

So... why was this moved to the archive?

Aea2NJR.jpg

How dare you not change the number on the thread the second the patch goes live!

Unrelated to this, when I first saw the thread, I was sure this mod was going to be this:

Spoiler

6y42Y3a.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
1,338 posts
2,831 battles

The version of Haida we have in WOWS is the Haida straight from British dockyards, you can tell by the tripod mast. Later in the war, she made her first trip home to Canada where she received her cage mast and metal maple leaf on her funnel, as per regulations of the RCN.

Kind of lame WG decided to take the lazy route and give us what amounts to Cossack with a turret gone and AA upgraded when Haida could have easily been visually different.

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,284 posts
1 hour ago, garfield001 said:

How dare you not change the number on the thread the second the patch goes live!

Unrelated to this, when I first saw the thread, I was sure this mod was going to be this:

I'll inform the staff of their error, this mod should be compatible with every future update so long as it doesn't directly change any of the involved files.
And why would I make a Toronto Maple Leafs camo when they haven't won a Stanley Cup in centuries?   ;P

[NOT]
Modder
994 posts
5,478 battles

Action regard moving to Archived Thread based off last OP's comment date and given version in the title, but the staffs are lazy somehow as my thread didnt get moved back to its location yet.

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
34 posts
1,797 battles

Sorry for this simple question, but someone please help me load this mod. This is my first download. I live in Hamilton btw and the Haida is a couple of Km away!

[SOUP]
Privateers
8,284 posts
7 hours ago, jsharpe3 said:

Sorry for this simple question, but someone please help me load this mod. This is my first download. I live in Hamilton btw and the Haida is a couple of Km away!

You should just unpack it to C:\Games\World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.7.7.0 and it'll work, unless WG already made changes