Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
So_lt_Goes

I'm In Love

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,891
[_-_]
Members
1,756 posts

Helena is my new go-to bote for just having a ball with a great ship game after game.

Even plugged the old Paul McCartney/Wings tune "Helen Wheels" into my user music folder, because, you know, Helll On Wheels.

Please, pretty please with sugar on it, no nerf for Helen of Joy.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,380 posts
6,109 battles

Nerf? While Helena is a great bote, and certainly the true gem of the light cruiser branch, she's more in need of a small range buff and/or a small RoF buff than any kind of nerf.(I'd say it's more likely that she might see a small range increase if her numbers aren't too impressive once more players have gotten their hands on her. She and Dallas are fairly short ranged)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,400
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,807 posts
21,057 battles
4 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Nerf? While Helena is a great bote, and certainly the true gem of the light cruiser branch, she's more in need of a small range buff and/or a small RoF buff than any kind of nerf.(I'd say it's more likely that she might see a small range increase if her numbers aren't too impressive once more players have gotten their hands on her. She and Dallas are fairly short ranged)

Yeah, she should get her original reload... :Smile_hiding:

Searched for some numbers but the webpages are not updated by now. But I think she will be in the top 3 of the T7 cruisers in the long run. She is already a good ship. Still not competitive with the other T7 monsters like the Atlanta, Flint and Belfast. But for a non premium she will do ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
371
[SUCIT]
Members
1,019 posts
4,307 battles
11 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Nerf? While Helena is a great bote, and certainly the true gem of the light cruiser branch, she's more in need of a small range buff and/or a small RoF buff than any kind of nerf.(I'd say it's more likely that she might see a small range increase if her numbers aren't too impressive once more players have gotten their hands on her. She and Dallas are fairly short ranged)

I prefer the Worchestershire sauce over the Helena honestly.  3.6 second reload with the module and nearly 17km of fire spewing range makes for a hell of a lot of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
254
[OPEC]
Members
962 posts
5,249 battles

Was looking forward to the Boise, too, but kinda bummed she is going to be in her Argentinian garb (Nueve de Julio)...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,400
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,807 posts
21,057 battles
33 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I prefer the Worchestershire sauce over the Helena honestly.  3.6 second reload with the module and nearly 17km of fire spewing range makes for a hell of a lot of fun.

Yeah the Sauce can be a pain at T10. But we talk about T7. Add the T8 Cleveland and you get three good ships out of the 5 new ones. To compensate for all the good they made the Seattle one of the worst T9 ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,242
Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
39 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Searched for some numbers but the webpages are not updated by now. But I think she will be in the top 3 of the T7 cruisers in the long run. She is already a good ship. Still not competitive with the other T7 monsters like the Atlanta, Flint and Belfast. But for a non premium she will do ok.

I've run about 25 battles with Helena and I've been doing as good with her as I do with Belfast and better than I ever did with Atlanta. Helena was the only ship in the new USN CL line that I was interested in and I'm far from disappointed, she's a excellent bote.  :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

Helena is my new drug. Period. She really needs more love from the playerbase. Only 809 battles have been played in her while Dallas and Seattle, the turds of the line, have more than three times as many battles played. Keep calm and play the Helena! I do agree they need to give her 7.5 second reload because that's what I've seen in Notser and StuntMan's videos. Once numbers settle down what do you envision for her compared to other T7 cruisers?

   I also love the Atlanta, and it's one of my best performing ships. Both Atlanta and Helena are faves of mine.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
2 hours ago, delp5117 said:

Was looking forward to the Boise, too, but kinda bummed she is going to be in her Argentinian garb (Nueve de Julio)...

And I heard she will have a gimmick. She will deal -50% damage to any French ship she shoots at, while French ships shooing at it will deal 150% damage. When she sinks, 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' starts playing. If you miss out on her this time you will have to wait until 2022. Who knows? According to how things go they might remove her gimmick in 2022. Who knows? They might not even make it in 2022.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,380 posts
6,109 battles
2 hours ago, delp5117 said:

Was looking forward to the Boise, too, but kinda bummed she is going to be in her Argentinian garb (Nueve de Julio)...

I think that's fine. It opens up the door for WG to use USS Honolulu or USS Savannah instead for a T7 premium USN CL. I'd much prefer for it to be USS Honolulu.

 

1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Yeah the Sauce can be a pain at T10. But we talk about T7. Add the T8 Cleveland and you get three good ships out of the 5 new ones. To compensate for all the good they made the Seattle one of the worst T9 ships.

10 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Helena is my new drug. Period. She really needs more love from the playerbase. Only 809 battles have been played in her while Dallas and Seattle, the turds of the line, have more than three times as many battles played. Keep calm and play the Helena!

In tier, Dallas is actually a pretty gud bote. She doesn't up-tier well though. And she's pretty good looking too(in my opinion).

Dallas should be fun in the T6 operations.

 

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
1 minute ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I think that's fine. It opens up the door for WG to use USS Honolulu or USS Savannah instead for a T7 premium USN CL. I'd much prefer for it to be USS Honolulu.

 

In tier, Dallas is actually a pretty gud bote. She doesn't up-tier well though. And she's pretty good looking too(in my opinion).

Dallas should be fun in the T6 operations.

 

For all of these CLs I still expect their numbers to drop quite a bit. Don't know if you agree. ATM I am enjoying Helena. However I disagree with you about Dallas. I'm generally not a fan of paper / fictional ships, and Dallas looks like a Franken-Abomination of Pensacola hull with Cleveland caliber guns, 2 less of them, and in Pensacola's turret arrangement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,380 posts
6,109 battles
2 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

Yeah, she should get her original reload... :Smile_hiding:

Searched for some numbers but the webpages are not updated by now. But I think she will be in the top 3 of the T7 cruisers in the long run. She is already a good ship. Still not competitive with the other T7 monsters like the Atlanta, Flint and Belfast. But for a non premium she will do ok.

Hey, I'd honestly rather have the range at something like 15.1km over a RoF buff. For all the kvetching I've read about her reload, 8.5 seconds doesn't feel too slow. And I don't have AR yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

A range increase is superfluous; the ballistics of the US 6” guns is too horrendous to take advantage of it. I’d rather take a more realistic shell drag number than more range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[-BMV-]
Members
311 posts
15,278 battles

Helena..... what a nice ship. I fell in love at first sight. I only have 17 games in her but, it's the first time since i joined this game were i actually enjoyed sailing a ship. I don't care about a range buff(although it would be nice) as her shells are already floaty and challenging to lead with her current range.

Al in all, i have found Helena to be a very balanced and enjoyable ship that can actually adapt to almost any situation. Top Tier is a beast, up-tiered she's still a beast. God i love her so much (but not as much as Monarch, for she is my true and only waifu :Smile_Default:).

Edited by Sidelock
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,485
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,702 posts
611 battles

I'm reading Neptune's Inferno and he spends almost an entire chapter talking about the Helena. It's been a really fun experience and a fantastic read so far. 

 

The book states that she was rated at 10 rounds-per-minute and could fire faster, but there were fears of overheating her barrels.

 

I want 10 rounds per minute. Or a range buff. Or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[V-MF]
Members
64 posts
10 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

And I heard she will have a gimmick. She will deal -50% damage to any French ship she shoots at, while French ships shooing at it will deal 150% damage. When she sinks, 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' starts playing. If you miss out on her this time you will have to wait until 2022. Who knows? According to how things go they might remove her gimmick in 2022. Who knows? They might not even make it in 2022.

This is better than naming her Belgrano. UK torpedoes would be instant Alpha strike and trigger background music from Yellow Submarine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×