You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_TheEntireUniverse_

How do you play Gaede and Fushon?

5 comments in this topic

Members
100 posts
2,505 battles

Got these from the missions a few patches back, but I can’t seem to make them work. The detection range is just so much larger than the IJN boats I’m used to. There’s so little room to stealth launch torpedoes, and firing the guns is more risky because it’s a lot harder to disengage and return to stealth. The guns on both boats are too slow to play these ships like American gunboats, but the concealment is too poor to play them like torpedo boats.

Am I wrong? What’s the secret to playing PA and German DDs?

[SALVO]
Members
19,951 posts
19,898 battles

I take it that you don't have CE trained captains in either of these DDs.  I had no trouble with these boats because I did have CE trained captains and played them both as torp boats.  Is their concealment as good as IJN boats?  No, but it's respectable.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,527 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I take it that you don't have CE trained captains in either of these DDs.  I had no trouble with these boats because I did have CE trained captains and played them both as torp boats.  Is their concealment as good as IJN boats?  No, but it's respectable.

^This.  You can still stealth torp with these boats, but you will have a smaller window with which to do it in, so you have to be more careful and proactive in the planning of your attacks.  These DDs are more generalized boats, being neither great as torp boats or gun boats, but they can do both rather well.

Members
100 posts
2,505 battles
40 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I take it that you don't have CE trained captains in either of these DDs. 

I have CE on both captains and the 8km torpedoes. 6.6km detection on the Fushon, 6.8km on the Gaede. It’s weird because I love the Gallant which isn’t that much more stealthy, but being able to single fire the torpedoes allows me to make the most of that 2km gap, especially against ships who are bow-on when rounding an island. With Fushon and Gaede its much easier for enemies to slide between the torpedoes so you have to approach from the side, which is much more dangerous. 

[SALVO]
Members
19,951 posts
19,898 battles
1 hour ago, _TheEntireUniverse_ said:

I have CE on both captains and the 8km torpedoes. 6.6km detection on the Fushon, 6.8km on the Gaede. It’s weird because I love the Gallant which isn’t that much more stealthy, but being able to single fire the torpedoes allows me to make the most of that 2km gap, especially against ships who are bow-on when rounding an island. With Fushon and Gaede its much easier for enemies to slide between the torpedoes so you have to approach from the side, which is much more dangerous. 

Always pay attention to the detection range on all torps.  The lower, the better since the lower it is, the less time the target will have to avoid the torps.  The Fushun is very good in this regard, since its torps are of the deep water variety.