Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WeldedRail

Researched Tier 8 Cleveland

7 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5 posts
3,227 battles

When the American Cruiser line split, I had fully researched Tier 6-8, including Cleveland.

The Cleveland ended up needing researched again, is that normal?

My understanding was that it would be fully researched.

[TDD]
Members
1,056 posts
8,560 battles

if you had Cleveland in your port you would get the new Cleveland in it's new position in the CL Line. If not, you have to research the  whole line from Omaha where it splits like normal

[O_O]
Members
5,020 posts
11,288 battles

If you had T6 Cleveland fully upgraded and elited, when the split occurred you would have gotten a fully upgraded and elited T6 Pensacola, AND the new T8 Cleveland.  However, the T8 Cleveland would not have been fully upgraded and elited.  You have to start with a brand new ship and work you way up to T9 Seattle.

[HINON]
Members
10,708 posts

Hmm seems to imply you should have the new Cleveland. Did you not get the new Cleveland or are you stating you just have to research the modules on the ship again but not unlocking the ship?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/american-cruisers/

If you researched Tier VI cruiser Cleveland, you will get a researched Tier VI cruiser Pensacola and Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland. Tier VI cruiser Cleveland is removed from the account with all her modules.

Tier VI cruiser Pensacola will come with the researched modules similar to the ones researched on Cleveland. On the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland, only stock modules will be researched.

Players who already have the Tier VI cruiser Cleveland will get:

The Tier VI cruiser Pensacola (in the same build as Cleveland). All commanders and XP earned with cruiser Cleveland will be transferred to the Tier VI cruiser Pensacola.

Also, players get the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland in stock build and a Commander with 8 skill points for the ship.

Camouflages: If you have the standard permanent camouflage for Cleveland, you get the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VI cruiser Pensacola and the standard permanent camouflage for the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland.

If you already have any of the permanent camouflages, your duplicate will be exchanged for a refund in credits in the amount equivalent to its cost in Doubloons.

Players who have the New Year permanent camouflage for Cleveland will get the New Year permanent camouflage for the Tier VIII cruiser Cleveland only.

If your Tier VI cruiser Cleveland had the top module 152 mm/47 Mk16 researched, your newly added Tier VI cruiser Pensacola will be added 7200 associated XP. If this module was purchased, 580,000will be added to your account.

Edited by RipNuN2

[TBW]
Members
7,445 posts
13,614 battles
36 minutes ago, WeldedRail said:

The Cleveland ended up needing researched again, is that normal?

It's normal because you are doing the research towards a ship that wasn't in the game previously. The nice thing is that if you are any good at Cherry Blossom, a few days playing the Cleveland there will get you the XP to move on. I am averaging at least 6,500 per battle. It also gives you a chance to get used to her guns.

[TDRB]
Members
5 posts
3,227 battles

Ok... Other players, including my Dad don't remember having to researching it so that is why I am confused. 

I have it researched fully now.

Thank you for the response.

Sign in to follow this