Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

Well are you tired of F key Spam?

36 comments in this topic

Members
3,783 posts

I've been running some tests on this.  So far unfortunately there are no Mods out there to disable the F key features entirely, unless...  Using Aslains mod pack you can easily download.  You can scroll all the way down to the chat mods section and select.   As well as you can install any other mods that you want.  Please be careful with this as some mods may in fact cause a game ban for use of mods that aren't allowed.  Even though the chat mod disables the chat entirely.  Wala NO more F key spam.  It also makes it so you can't see it either.  Also a great way to not see toxic game chat.

Step 1.  Go to Aslains Mod Pack

Step 2. Scroll through to Chat Mods Section

Step 3 Select Group 2 Disable Battle Chat

Step 4. Install.

This will completely remove your battle chat box from the screen and game itself.  No it wont cause you to get banned from the game YET.  I just wish Wargaming would put in a function to where we can disable it through the game with out having to go to these lengths.

Capture.PNG

shot-18.07.03_10.58.37-0622.jpg

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,024 posts
6,255 battles

Don't worry, I will personally just report you when we are in game and do not listen to my request for help or for support in a different area. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Members
161 posts
1,498 battles

Disabling the chat is drastic and deprives your team (and yourself) of game coordination - communications is key to good team play.

I mute chat spammers one by one and that works fine. It's a rare game when there are several people who need to be muted.

• Cool 3

[BNKR]
Members
1,172 posts
1,103 battles
3 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Don't worry, I will personally just report you when we are in game and do not listen to my request for help or for support in a different area. 

What makes you think your request is important? Do you report people who are busy fighting two ships and won't come help you? I'm just curious what your report criteria are because I take this super cereal.

• Funny 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,448 battles
1 minute ago, coletrain_commander said:

Disabling the chat is drastic and deprives your team (and yourself) of game coordination - communications is key to good team play.

I mute chat spammers one by one and that works fine. It's a rare game when there are several people who need to be muted.

Muting them doesn't stop the F# or map ping spamming, unless it's been changed very recently.

Members
3,783 posts
7 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Reported for Reporting players like you I wont listen to just for that comment.  Pretty ignorant.  Not only that I usually go where the help is needed.  I dont need a chat box to tell me that.

Edited by torpsRus

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,024 posts
6,255 battles
Just now, RagingxMarmoset said:

What makes you think your request is important? Do you report people who are busy fighting two ships and won't come help you? I'm just curious what your report criteria are because I take this super cereal.

Sorry, explain that to the CV not doing anything important with its planes, the team that won't push because they are scared of 1 CA, or the BB Snipers that hide even though there is nothing in front of them. Communication is everything in this game, whether you listen to my advice, I leave that up to you. I won't bother an ally if they are busy, I bother the ones who are doing nothing, not communicating, and that will most likely cost us the game more.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,024 posts
6,255 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

Reported for Reporting players like you I wont listen to just for that comment.  Pretty ignorant.  Not only that I usually go where the help is needed.  I dont need a chat box to tell me that.

Nah, if you play good I won't care. It's for that moment when you are hiding behind a island in the SW while everyone else is sinking in the the NE because you can't listen for our request for help that bothers me the most. 

[VOP]
Members
336 posts
7,913 battles

I get the F key spam so rarely it is not worth the effort to try to disable it.  If it does happen, it is only for the first minute or so.  By then, they are either fighting or dead because they did not pay attention to the fight.

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

Nah, if you play good I won't care. It's for that moment when you are hiding behind a island in the SW while everyone else is sinking in the the NE because you can't listen for our request for help that bothers me the most. 

Me hide behind an island?  Rarely lol.  Most I've been playing my Mo quite a bit actually trying to build up my Ship XP pool.  The only two things I really fear are Minotaur and Worcester lol.

Edited by torpsRus

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, Airjellyfish said:

I get the F key spam so rarely it is not worth the effort to try to disable it.  If it does happen, it is only for the first minute or so.  By then, they are either fighting or dead because they did not pay attention to the fight.

You don't play the lower tiered ships much do you?

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,145 battles
17 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Please be careful with this as some mods may in fact cause a game ban for use of mods that aren't allowed.

If you install from Aslain's modpack, there is no chance of this.  All the mods therein are approved by WG.

[VOP]
Members
336 posts
7,913 battles

Mostly 5-8, with the occasional 3-4, rarely 1-2.  So, do you think it is a noob problem messing around with the F keys to see what they do or veterans playing low tier and being jerks?

Edited by Airjellyfish
typo

Members
3,783 posts
Just now, iDuckman said:

If you install from Aslain's modpack, there is no chance of this.  All the mods therein are approved by WG.

I was unaware of that.  The last time I kept seeing complaints about people getting bans because of mods they were using.  Even from Aslains'.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,145 battles
8 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I was unaware of that.  The last time I kept seeing complaints about people getting bans because of mods they were using.  Even from Aslains'.

A few months ago, WG ruled that a class of mods that used a certain game file were illegal**.  Aslain dropped them from his pack.  I am not aware of anyone that got banned for those mods, but it's possible.

Be aware that there are some rabidly anti-mod people who spread rumors and doubt about them.

Edit:  ** Btw, WG made clear that the mods in Aslain's pack were ruled illegal not because they did anything illegal but because mods that used that file could do something illegal.  So they banned the whole class.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
3,783 posts

6 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Mostly 5-8, with the occasional 3-4, rarely 1-2.  So, do you thing it is a noob problem messing around with the F keys to see what they do or veterans playing low tier and being jerks?

I was only going off what I was reading here on the forums and on Reddit.  But none the less disabling it entirely I also don't have to read toxic waste lol.  So its a plus in my book.  Not only that it prevents me from going off on the toxic ones.  So again a plus.

Edited by torpsRus

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
27 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Not only that I usually go where the help is needed.  I dont need a chat box to tell me that.

I am not much of a detective, but according your statistics you need a chatbox to tell you what you need to do...

• Funny 1

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

I am not much of a detective, but according your statistics you need a chatbox to tell you what you need to do...

No I don't actually  I actually play better with out it.

Edited by torpsRus

[SF-E]
Members
393 posts
11,850 battles
45 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

This will completely remove your battle chat box from the screen and game itself.  No it wont cause you to get banned from the game YET.  I just wish Wargaming would put in a function to where we can disable it through the game with out having to go to these lengths.

Honestly, if people using the chat is bothersome, perhaps you should only play in Co-Op against bots. Why play a team focused game if you do not want team communication?

• Cool 1

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

Honestly, if people using the chat is bothersome, perhaps you should only play in Co-Op against bots. Why play a team focused game if you do not want team communication?

Team communication HA wake up the only thing I commonly see in the chat box is insults

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,024 posts
6,255 battles
1 minute ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

He might as well disable the minimap. 

• Funny 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,024 posts
6,255 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

Team communication HA wake up the only thing I commonly see in the chat box is insults

Probably because we are all just insulting you.

:fish_glass::fish_glass::fish_glass::fish_glass::fish_glass::fish_glass:

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles
45 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

> snip <

Not really saying anything that many have already known since forever.  Aslains has been around for years, and the No-Chat mod - both from Aslain and the older mod from Prehistoric - has been around since Beta.

...and you're going to find that a majority will disagree with the "value" of the no-chat mod.  F-Key spam isn't bad enough to warrant it, again as the vast majority of people in chat are well-behaved.

I've lost count on how many times communicating your intentions with teammates (constructively) has paid off.

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
14 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

No I don't actually  I actually play better with out it.

Okay, that was mean of me. F-commands are in this game to help with your situational awareness. It can be someone who is pointing out the position of an enemy DD by using RPF, enemy torpedobombers, a weak flank, an almost dead ship, an important target or etcetera. 

Learn to read those commands, so that you know whether it is important or not. Everytime I see one I do a quick check on the minimap to see if I can do something with it or not. Ofcourse you have many people who go all alone and request for help and to those I respond with Go back...

It is easily playable without, but it just makes the game so much easier when your team is highlighting possible dangers/targets as well.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this