You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Put Up Your Dukes (Contest!)

73 comments in this topic

[WG-CC] LittleWhiteMouse 21,267
8,488 posts
7,025 battles
Posted (edited)
It's July!  It's time to win some Community Contributor Containers!
isLOQaA.jpg

Rather than try to blind you with finding some hidden messages, I thought I'd run a fun little contest called:

PUT UP YOUR DUKES
Ship_PBSB527_Duke_of_York.pngShip_PISC506_DucadAosta.pngShip_PISC507_Duca_degli_Abruzzi.pngShip_PBSB105_Iron_Duke.png
I will be awarding a code for a CC Container for the highest number of kills done in a "Duke"-class ship from World of Warships -- secifically, Duke of York, Duca d'Aosta, Duca degli Abruzzi and Iron Duke.  This contest will be for any matches played from July 4th through to July 8th.  In order to enter, you must submit screenshots of all four results screens from that battle.  The date and time must be clearly visible.

• This contest is open to the following regions:  NA, EU, SEA, RU
  • This is for RANDOM BATTLES ONLY.
  • There will be one winner per ship.  So one winner for Duca d'Aosta, one winner for Duca degli Abruzzi, one winner for Duke of York and one winner for Iron Duke.  There will be a wild-card entry (see below).  This is a total of FIVE (5) prizes.
  • The winner for each category will be the player with the highest number of kills in their respective ship.
  • Ties among the Dukes will be broken by awarding it to the player with the highest amount of BASE EXPERIENCE earned, found on the second page of the results screen on the team lists.  If a further tie results, then the most amount of damage done will be used.

• IN ADDITION, there will be one "wild card" category -- the single highest number of kills in a TIER 9 ship of the player's choosing.
  • Ties in this wild-card category will go to the player with the LEAST amount of damage done.  Yes really.  Kill steal like a boss.  In case of a tie, then highest BASE EXPERIENCE will be used.

• Players may enter as often as they wish in as many categories as they wish. However, they may only win one (1) category.
  • Entries must be submitted in reply to this thread.
  • For an entry to be valid, all four screenshots for the given match must be submitted.  I reserve the right to disqualify any results that look dubious or from players I have ignored for being chowderheads.  No cheating and don't be a pud.
  • All games played must be timestamped within the contest-dates (July 4th, 2018 to July 8th, 2018).  Make sure the date and time is visible upon the first page of the screenshots.
  • Judging will occur on July 9th, whenever I get my butt out of bed and turn on a computer.
  • Each of the five winners will receive a code redeemable for one (1) July Community Contributor crate.

Good luck, everyone!

5yxNQcs.png
patreon_shipcomrade.png
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 17
  • Boring 1

523 posts
4,636 battles
Posted (edited)

Randoms, Co-op? Operations? Or separate prizes in each type?

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

8,488 posts
7,025 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Radnoms, Co-op? Operations? Or separate prizes in each type?

Randoms.  Lemme add that quick.

[OPGS] Belthorian 1,062
2,537 posts
5,522 battles

I would love to do it but as a North Carolina Tar Heels fan I don't think I could ever bring myself to enter a contest as something named Duke!!!!! heheheh

Hey LWM did you ever read Calvin and Hobbes? The chowder head comment makes me think of Calvin and Hobbs fighting lol. 

• Funny 1

523 posts
4,636 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Randoms.  Lemme add that quick.

Rats. I was gonna play Co-op at 3:00am, TK all the green bots right out of the gate, then mop up all the reds. Lose any tiebreakers, though, to anyone who did theirs in randoms.

Kidding, people!!

• Funny 1

[OPGS] Belthorian 1,062
2,537 posts
5,522 battles
Just now, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Rats. I was gonna play Co-op at 3:00am, TK all the green bots right out of the gate, then mop up all the reds. Lose any tiebreakers, though, to anyone who did theirs in randoms.

Kidding, people!!

I like your out of the box thinking sir.

[-I-] Kongo_Pride 340
621 posts
16,986 battles
Posted (edited)

.image.thumb.png.18b8c7f2abf14f48688661a33758a534.pngimage.thumb.png.6079aa230aee2e07c2ab919408c96676.pngimage.thumb.png.3445536676963065b03df8eb878a4e2d.pngimage.thumb.png.693e15034e0bb41dd3cff234cca92af6.png

Edited by Kongo_Pride

[ARP2] Hatework 295
1,094 posts
3,450 battles

Good luck to those who choose to participate.

[RKLES] Admiral_Thrawn_1 796
5,514 posts
6,606 battles

So I might get rewarded for playing my Duke of York like I normally do? Lol it must be Christmas in July! :cap_haloween:

So this is only for ships sunk right? A large number of aircraft shot out of the sky aka Aircraft kills will not count right? Lol

Also Mouse the night of July 8th NO staying up late, taking long lasting sleeping pills, or alcoholic beverages. Also have a cat in your house that ended up with no food overnight, which will garrentee a pre dawn wake up call from personal experience... lol

55 posts
87 battles
30 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I will be awarding a code for a CC Container for the highest number of kills done in a "Duke"-class ship from World of Warships -

MFW you only have one ship and want to enter contests....

• Funny 2

[-DOG-] Old_Baldy_One 45
145 posts
2,625 battles

Looks like fun.  Only have the Iowa and Buffalo for T9 ships but will see what happens!  I'm not above stealing kills, but I'm sure there are better ships out there for it at T9 than mine.

[SYN] Th3KrimzonD3mon 1,654
6,158 posts
6,623 battles
8 minutes ago, Huanghe said:

MFW you only have one ship and want to enter contests....

You and this alt of yours truly amuse me, whomever you are.

• Funny 1

[WGA] Gneisenau013 472
349 posts
5,165 battles

Good luck to all of you that are participating!

Put up your "Dukes" and send them to Neptune's Lair!

“I will never again retreat from an enemy force.” - Ernest Evans, US Navy

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

[-TDF-] Stand_Alone97 23
76 posts
2,430 battles

Finally I can show off that the Abruzzi is the best cruiser in the game... :cap_cool:

• Cool 1

desmo_2 1,165
4,007 posts
8,554 battles

Double Boom!

I  just got 8 kills with Duke of York, then played Iron Duke and got 7 kills!  Go ahead and ship my prizes! :Smile_great:

Required screenshots:

Spoiler

Silly lookers!  Contest starts tomorrow!  :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[MLPVA] DarfTarts421 26
85 posts
2,381 battles

An excuse to roll out the DoY? Color me interested. How do we submit our screenshots? In this thread, or through PMs?

8,488 posts
7,025 battles
3 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

An excuse to roll out the DoY? Color me interested. How do we submit our screenshots? In this thread, or through PMs?

Reply in this thread.

[ERN] MajorRenegade 4,470
In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
9,954 posts
4,021 battles
3 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

upload the images to a image hosting site like Imgur. Then post the image link here. Make sure it in a spoiler

desmo_2 1,165
4,007 posts
8,554 battles
2 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

See below:

1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

• Entries must be submitted in reply to this thread.
  • For an entry to be valid, all four screenshots for the given match must be submitted.

Proper forum etiquette would require you to post those screen shots behind a spoiler tag to save clutter! 

[WOLF9] Uncle_Lou 35
163 posts
3,280 battles

I'm feeling a tad dense at the moment (I just woke up) but just to be clear, this is most kills in a single battle, correct?

8,488 posts
7,025 battles
11 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I'm feeling a tad dense at the moment (I just woke up) but just to be clear, this is most kills in a single battle, correct?

Yep.  You can enter as many times as you wish.  It's best to use a single reply and just replace your entries if you get something better.  Seeing as there's five categories, you could have up to five separate entries on the go.

[GWG] BrushWolf 2,258
In AlfaTesters
12,589 posts
7,643 battles

I am missing the Abruzzi but I do have the others and will take some screen shots if I have something approaching a good match, I have been struggling lately.

[OO7] Madwolf05 2,221
6,074 posts
3,305 battles

On one hand, this could be fun. On the other hand, I have to play the Duke of York.

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FEEL! :fish_nerv:

• Funny 2

[WAG] DustRhino 67
291 posts
6,384 battles
3 hours ago, Belthorian said:

I would love to do it but as a North Carolina Tar Heels fan I don't think I could ever bring myself to enter a contest as something named Duke!!!!! heheheh

Go Heels! From a member of the class of 1989.