Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lightninger

NA Community Discord Challenge - 5 Star All Operations, Same 7 Players (with a few restrictions)

1 comment in this topic

[-BRS-]
Members
833 posts
14,928 battles

I made a thread a while back to gauge interest in videos for a blitz run through all 7 current operations for a challenge on the NA Community Discord server to 5 star all of them with the same 7 players and there didn't seem to be much interest. I figured I could make them anyway as a special one off for my YouTube channel. There isn't anything necessarily extraordinary about any of these videos as we were basically doing speed runs through every operation. It was done in one night, 9 games, with 2 being 4 stars. Here are the three already uploaded and two probably the hardest ones.

NA Community Discord for those who want to see the official rules of the challenge (see announcements): https://discord.gg/czSWMHy

Cherry Blossom being the newest one we went through this one quickly.

We did Newport next being one of the easiest operations to lose a star in so we did second to get it out of the way quickly.

Ultimate Frontier having the restrictions of being only Axis ships (Japanese, German, Italian only) sounded problematic so we did it last. You also get to see the changes to the operation since the change done in patch 0.7.5. It really isn't that difficult anymore. I just wish I could use my Leningrad in this, alas it is considered Allied so I couldn't use it for this.

As far as I know, 2nd and 3rd place is still open on the contest and every team member for those get 1,000 dubloons each.

Do videos for something specific like this actually interest anyone? They are speed runs, so there isn't necessarily anything special about them, though anyone looking to run a DD in Newport should find that one particularly useful. I also have my strategies and tactics videos I have uploaded for anyone looking for tips for each operation.

Edited by Lightninger

Sign in to follow this