You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Remember When?

15 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,910 battles

Remember when the Atlanta was the only ship in the game with radar? 

Remember when DD's were the only ships with smoke and they didn't need a gimmick because they had good speed and stealth and torpedoes that weren't spotted by the Huble?

Remember when the Yamato was the secondary beast in the game?

Remember when the German BB secondaries were feared? When you could mouse click a Cleveland and shoot a BB with main battery and by the time you were done killing the BB the silly Cleveland who stuck around was dead?

Remember when Montana had a raised citadel and couldn't run around like a broadsiding scrub?

Remember when the game didn't have entire teams sitting behind rocks like this is WoT on Water? 

I do, every gimmick and tweak over the last 3 years has brought us too what we have today. 

• Cool 7

Members
3,783 posts
6 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Remember when the Atlanta was the only ship in the game with radar? 

Remember when DD's were the only ships with smoke and they didn't need a gimmick because they had good speed and stealth and torpedoes that weren't spotted by the Huble?

Remember when the Yamato was the secondary beast in the game?

Remember when the German BB secondaries were feared? When you could mouse click a Cleveland and shoot a BB with main battery and by the time you were done killing the BB the silly Cleveland who stuck around was dead?

Remember when Montana had a raised citadel and couldn't run around like a broadsiding scrub?

Remember when the game didn't have entire teams sitting behind rocks like this is WoT on Water? 

I do, every gimmick and tweak over the last 3 years has brought us too what we have today. 

And everybody B&$&#*$%^$ about Atlanta

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Members
122 posts
5,376 battles

Laughable now but my IJN Mutsuki was my favorite... And now moth balled. Yepper... But Ahh growing pains. 

Nice to see the Cleve at 8... Lots of opportunity for potatoes power. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles

I wish they would launch a World OF Warships vanilla server....with the game like it was at launch. I bet more players would play on that server.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
96 posts
9,803 battles
4 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I thought smoke was originally designed as a defensive consumable to use to get out of a poor position (smoke up and retreat).  Then everyone realized you could fire unspotted from smoke and it became a game of "smoke me bro" and changed to more of an offensive consumable.  Then WG had to come up with something to counter that behavior.  I wonder where we would be now if that had made it so any ship firing from smoke would be visible (normal gun bloom range) from the beginning.

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,383 battles

Remember when the sound effects in game actually sounded like naval rifles?
Me too. 

(I really hate the sounds they have in game)

Beta Testers
659 posts
7,901 battles

LOL, there was the ability that you didnt need smoke to invisible open water shoot at someone ;)

[FOG]
Members
387 posts
5,172 battles
30 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

I thought smoke was originally designed as a defensive consumable to use to get out of a poor position (smoke up and retreat).  Then everyone realized you could fire unspotted from smoke and it became a game of "smoke me bro" and changed to more of an offensive consumable.  Then WG had to come up with something to counter that behavior......

Everywhere on these pages it is said to "adapt" along with the infamous "Git Gud" comment to essentially issues. I always thought that this "unintended" use of firing from smoke was a wonderful example of the above. People innovatively took a feature and used it in a manner that greatly aided them which seems to the epitome of "Adapting" and "Gitting Gud".....and then this feature was changed specifically because of this innovation. So the real intent is to "adapt, but not too much" or "Git Gud, but not too Gud:.....

[CAPGO]
Members
671 posts
4,546 battles

I see the game is still healthy. I like changes in meta. Koreans say this a lot.."Stagnant water rots"

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I'm ok with the way the game is progressing. We just need to keep progressing. So you have things like radar now, so the next step would be something to help cope with radar.

Perhaps a consumable that you only get 1 or 2 of, max, lasts 10 seconds, and jacks with the disbursion of ships shooting at you. So it won't last the whole radar, won't undo radar, and the limited availability makes you have to think if this is the time to use it.

I'd go in on something about DF, but hopefully the CV rework will come fast enough to make that not worth it.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,377 posts
5,454 battles

I remember when Kitakami, Akagi, Shinano, and Takao roamed the seas. I suppose Takao still does in disguise as Atago and ARP Takao.

[NSEW]
Members
1,033 posts

The game had to evolve, if anything to keep the players interested. 

For better or for worse, new content is a must. Radar or no Radar.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,841 posts
4,855 battles

Remember Haku and Senjo?

Remember the Saipan at tier 6?

Remember 6x3 fighter squadrons?

Remember when BB armor did not work and CL could citadel them all day long?

Remember when DD had citadels?

Remember when there were USN and IJN?

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,598 posts
12,334 battles

I loved it when Zuiho had 3 TB squadrons, I loved that CV.