You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
strykerpsg

Akizuki lost Elite status

8 comments in this topic

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
103 posts
3,864 battles

I have a fully researched Akizuki, matter of fact, had it for quite some time. It was Elite after researching all the modules but now, it's no longer Elite. I did sell the A hull and original radar module, but it was still Elite when that occurred. 

Is it because the new tier 9 and 10 are inbound, that it lost Elite status? I assume, so one can build up free XP for the tier 9 and 10.

Thoughts?

[TDG]
Members
1,637 posts
7,887 battles

I noticed this last night.  I think this is the case.  The new ships show in the Tech Tree, but not on the Modules tab.

You can still build Ship XP.  You just cannot convert it.

Once you research the Tier 9 ship, Akizuki will be Elite again.  You can then convert the XP if you need it.

This is annoying because you cannot use that XP, and you cannot convert it, right now.  And there is a 35:1 conversion sale on.

Very minor annoyance as I have much more Elite Ship XP than I have doubloons available to convert.

Edited by YeOldeTraveller
  • Cool 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
103 posts
3,864 battles

Just glad I have others seeing the same thing. I thought I had to re-purchase the original modules again or something.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

I don’t think this situation has ever happened before in terms of line extensions. I’ll bring it up in ST discussions.

• Cool 3

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
103 posts
3,864 battles
12 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I don’t think this situation has ever happened before in terms of line extensions. I’ll bring it up in ST discussions.

Thanks compassghost. Thought it was a bit odd

[HEROS]
Members
1,569 posts
13,532 battles

I've like 1.3 million XP on my Aki...not overly worried about it..but it is annoying that it just stopped earning Free XP.. 19 point commander though is still feeding ECXP into the pool though... I think.. Ok, maybe Ibetter check.

That is a glitch.. not sure if it's ever been noticed before.. but then not sure were ever had a partial branch expanded either.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

That is WEIRD man, every other time they've done a line extension the former ending ship has kept its elite status. Sounds like a bug to me, but who knows.