You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

What has been the best value for dragon types of flags?

27 comments in this topic

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles

I'm running low on a lot of the dragon flag series.

What is or has been the best value for them? It seems like you can get them in crates now but that's rather pricey per flag. But I'm not sure what the best historical values have been anyways to compare against.

----

I think I bought a few of these - was just over a year ago actually https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/aw-you-remembered/

They were limited in quantity iirc though. So, those were what 28.3 cents each?  I guess I can do the math to compare against existing options.

• 16.5c/flag from freedom crates ($99/600)
  • 15c/flag from Yamamoto crates (minimum, you can get more than 12x50, $90/600)
  • ~12.8c/flag from Bismarck crates (harder to calculate since you can get camos, but ~14x50 - $90/700)
    • When I bought a 10x pack to experiment a while ago, 20% dropped the 15 (instead of 7) flags too and I got no camos. Not a large enough sample size to account for but if I kept that drop rate for the 50x it'd be... 50x14x1.2=840 flags. So 10.7cents/flag, which would be by far the best value
  • 16.7c/flag for 2018 Anniversary crates ($72/431)
    • weighted average of (5*5+3*10)/8= 6.9 flags/container  = 206 total flags
    • 1350/30*5 = 225 from tokens
    • This is harder to value since 1/2 of them will be better because you can pick them
Edited by enderland07

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,300 battles
4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

What is or has been the best value for them? It seems like you can get them in crates now but that's rather pricey per flag. But I'm not sure what the best historical values have been anyways to compare against.

Probably Christmas crates.  You're almost guaranteed to get your moneys worth out of the crates as a whole, and they gave a pretty significant amount of Special flags along with the rest of the goodies.  I still have several hundred special flags left over from them, including about 100 Dragon flags.  

On a side note, I wish they ran the event where you got 100 dragon flags per T10 ship you had like they did last year.  I'd get 1300 right now and wouldn't ever have to worry about them again lol.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
4 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Probably Christmas crates.  You're almost guaranteed to get your moneys worth out of the crates as a whole, and they gave a pretty significant amount of Special flags along with the rest of the goodies.  I still have several hundred special flags left over from them, including about 100 Dragon flags.  

On a side note, I wish they ran the event where you got 100 dragon flags per T10 ship you had like they did last year.  I'd get 1300 right now and wouldn't ever have to worry about them again lol.

I guess you can get 600 for $99 now, with the freedom crates?

That seems worse of a deal though. But I can't remember the Christmas crates flag value.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
39 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Play in the play test server and you can earn 5 ea Dragon Flags for free. See each PTS session to find out what you have to do. 

Finish 20 Daily Challenge series this month and besides the coal you earned, you get 5 ea Dragon Flags.

Purchasing Dragon Flags

Dragon flags are in some ship bundles, but that can get expensive.

As far as I know, there have not been just Dragon flags sales in the shop.  See below. No idea on when it will happen again.

32 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

This ^^^ is probably the cheapest method. That is how I got my Dragon Flags stash.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

As far as I know, there have not been just Dragon flags sales in the shop. 

There were a few flags a while ago. I think I bought a few of them - was just over a year ago actually https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/aw-you-remembered/

They were limited in quantity iirc though. So, those were what 28.3 cents each?  I guess I can do the math to compare against existing options.

• ~12.8c/flag from Bismarck crates (harder to calculate since you can get camos, but ~14x50 - $90/700)
    • When I bought a 10x pack to experiment a while ago, 20% dropped the 15 (instead of 7) flags too and I got no camos. Not a large enough sample size to account for but if I kept that drop rate for the 50x it'd be... 50x14x1.2=840 flags. So 10.7cents/flag, which would be by far the best value

All this assumes the other benefits are not relevant to you. If you don't have many of the USN premiums, that option is a lot better.

The advantage I guess of those explicit packs is you could buy the ones you want and only those. So I could buy Ouroborous and not Wyverns, so the effective value is slightly higher.

[KEGEL]
Members
162 posts
7,237 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Purchasing Dragon Flags

Dragon flags are in some ship bundles, but that can get expensive.

As far as I know, there have not been just Dragon flags sales in the shop...

Actually I do remember at least one occasion where the Dragon Flags were sold individually.

If i recall correctly you had to login to see the big lots (50/100) which could only be bought once per each of the five types.

Small lots of 20 could be bought unlimited times tho obviously more expensive per flag.

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

There were a few flags a while ago. I think I bought a few of them - was just over a year ago actually https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/aw-you-remembered/

All this assumes the other benefits are not relevant to you. If you don't have many of the USN premiums, that option is a lot better.

The advantage I guess of those explicit packs is you could buy the ones you want and only those. So I could buy Ouroborous and not Wyverns, so the effective value is slightly higher.

2 minutes ago, SlightlyComatose said:

Actually I do remember at least one occasion where the Dragon Flags were sold individually.

If i recall correctly you had to login to see the big lots (50/100) which could only be bought once per each of the five types.

Small lots of 20 could be bought unlimited times tho obviously more expensive per flag.

I stand corrected. Thank you both.

Beta Testers
1,240 posts
15,191 battles
45 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

For me its the ability to boost Commander XP,  the only reason I would get them..... ah, and also Orabouros for FXP.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
Just now, SgtSpud said:

For me its the ability to boost Commander XP,  the only reason I would get them..... ah, and also Orabouros for FXP.

Ouroborus + Hydra + Red Dragon ---> massive freexp games, especially if you combine it with a good camo and a decent base xp.

Beta Testers
1,240 posts
15,191 battles
3 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Ouroborus + Hydra + Red Dragon ---> massive freexp games, especially if you combine it with a good camo and a decent base xp.

Agreed, they have allowed me to accumulate 22/19 pt captains, the Kronstadt, Missouri and Musashi . Can make 40k capt XP in a good game. Oh and the Nelson.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
47 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Agreed, they have allowed me to accumulate 22/19 pt captains, the Kronstadt, Missouri and Musashi . Can make 40k capt XP in a good game. Oh and the Nelson.

It just feels bad to buy them, because a game with 4 of them means I'm paying 40-50cents just for that game...

Then again, the microtransaction nature of the game means you do that once and then spend them in game without thinking, right? 

Beta Testers
1,240 posts
15,191 battles
18 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

It just feels bad to buy them, because a game with 4 of them means I'm paying 40-50cents just for that game...

Then again, the microtransaction nature of the game means you do that once and then spend them in game without thinking, right? 

Yeah, I guess it all depends on a persons personal situation. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Not married, no kids, no alimony, no child support. I do have a mortgage and a vehicle loan.....and alot of what could be termed as disposable cash. I am what WG likes....I  am a whale!

So enjoy the game, I make it happen for you! and I relish it.:cap_like: Oh yeah and I am Canadian....sorry ehh!

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
7 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Yeah, I guess it all depends on a persons personal situation. I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. Not married, no kids, no alimony, no child support. I do have a mortgage and a vehicle loan.....and alot of what could be termed as disposable cash. I am what WG likes....I  am a whale!

So enjoy the game, I make it happen for you! and I relish it.:cap_like: Oh yeah and I am Canadian....sorry ehh!

:)

Yeah. I've spent a few dollars on this game.......

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,300 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I guess you can get 600 for $99 now, with the freedom crates?

That seems worse of a deal though. But I can't remember the Christmas crates flag value.

You don't get the good ones from the Freedom crates I've heard.  You get mostly oroboros (misspelled)

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
7 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

You don't get the good ones from the Freedom crates I've heard.  You get mostly oroboros (misspelled)

That's the BEST one.. If I could get 600 of those if buy those crates instantly lol :)

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,300 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

That's the BEST one.. If I could get 600 of those if buy those crates instantly lol :)

I like the Hydra, Red Dragon and Dragon flags much more.  Aren't the orobros the ones that give 50% credits?  I'm not home and I'm too lazy to actually look it up lol

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
Just now, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I like the Hydra, Red Dragon and Dragon flags much more.  Aren't the orobros the ones that give 50% credits?  I'm not home and I'm too lazy to actually look it up lol

Wyvern are credits. Ourobourous are free zp.

Wyvern are nearly worthless. Dragon are alot less useful since I have so many 19 pointers. I'd love 200 each Red Dragon, Ourobourous, and Hydra.... If I could get those in that rate I'd spend hundreds in crates lol

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,300 battles
Just now, enderland07 said:

Wyvern are credits. Ourobourous are free zp.

Wyvern are nearly worthless. Dragon are alot less useful since I have so many 19 pointers. I'd love 200 each Red Dragon, Ourobourous, and Hydra.... If I could get those in that rate I'd spend hundreds in crates lol

I remember my buddy telling me he got a bunch of the first two flags under the special category.  That's Wyverns and Ourobourous right?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
2 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

Ouroboros is +777% FXP

Dragon is +333% Cmdr XP

Wyvern is +50% credits

Red Dragon is +100% XP and +100% Cmdr XP

Hydra is +50% XP, +150% Cmdr XP and +250% FXP

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
6 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I remember my buddy telling me he got a bunch of the first two flags under the special category.  That's Wyverns and Ourobourous right?

My main uses of these flags now is either grinding ships or free xp too. That generates tons of elite xp so the Dragons are slightly less useful than red dragon/Hydra (because commander xp bonuses isn't a multiplier like free xp). A dragon flag benefit happens purely based on your base xp. Where free xp bonuses stack.

Edited by enderland07

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,300 battles
23 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

My main uses of these flags now is either grinding ships or free xp too. That generates tons of elite xp so the Dragons are slightly less useful than red dragon/Hydra (because commander xp bonuses isn't a multiplier like free xp). A dragon flag benefit happens purely based on your base xp. Where free xp bonuses stack.

True.  Atm though I value commander XP more than Free XP, I'm sitting on about 1.7m converted free XP while only having 19 point captains on 9 of my 13 T10's.  I don't really want to, or need to, research any other T10's but I want additional 19 pointers.  

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
3 hours ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

True.  Atm though I value commander XP more than Free XP, I'm sitting on about 1.7m converted free XP while only having 19 point captains on 9 of my 13 T10's.  I don't really want to, or need to, research any other T10's but I want additional 19 pointers.  

While we're talking more about using these (vs best values to obtain them), the nice part is that most of those flags can be just as useful for generating 19 pointers as the Dragon flags. If you think about it, both Hydra and Red Dragon are effectively +200% commander xp, plus some more free xp (which could be used as commander xp).

So if your goal is purely maximizing elite commander xp, all but the Wyvern's are pretty useful. Ouroborus the least.

[SUCIT]
Members
1,018 posts
4,300 battles
28 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

While we're talking more about using these (vs best values to obtain them), the nice part is that most of those flags can be just as useful for generating 19 pointers as the Dragon flags. If you think about it, both Hydra and Red Dragon are effectively +200% commander xp, plus some more free xp (which could be used as commander xp).

So if your goal is purely maximizing elite commander xp, all but the Wyvern's are pretty useful. Ouroborus the least.

And that's exactly what I was saying.  I don't place much value on Ouroborus currently, and I have never placed any value on Wyverns.  

[NGAGE]
Members
3,097 posts
8,090 battles
3 hours ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

And that's exactly what I was saying.  I don't place much value on Ouroborus currently, and I have never placed any value on Wyverns.  

Though...... I'm also running low on commander xp now, too. Going to have many Xs without 19 pointers soon :(

[BS]
Members
1,389 posts
7,675 battles

The Dunkirk crates were the best signal value for the money back in May? They were only in the shop for a week or two and disappeared.