You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Here's a blast from the past a show many people loved and and All Too Many Missed the ending of/finish of

29 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles

Best SciFi show ever made; loved every episode!

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
7,064 posts
28,898 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Disagree here. You forgot Firefly.

• Cool 3

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

:Smile_great:It was OK But..................................On This Level?   No Way!

1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
4 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

4 hours ago, Umikami said:

BTW If you have Amazon Prime this is one of the few place's I know where you can watch it for Free through Prime Video:Smile_medal:    Five Season's are available this way

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,877 posts
2,867 battles
1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:It was OK But..................................On This Level?   No Way!

Firefly was one of the greatest things ever made. It's a crime against humanity that it got cancelled.

• Cool 5

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles

B5 had excellent writing and vomit inducing CGI.  They honestly would have been better off animating the space scenes.  At least then I could make out what was happening.

https://i.imgur.com/5QazkFb.gifv

I kind of love that Mass Effect was the spiritual successor to B5.

Edited by Sventex

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
30 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Firefly was one of the greatest things ever made. It's a crime against humanity that it got cancelled.

Okay you have Your Viewpoint  I have Mine Have to agree to disagree..............Again it was OK   I did watch some  ofthe show's they just Did Not Enthrall Me As Babylon 5  did  Heck I wasn't even able to get through the movie much less most of the Series.......................................And what really ticks me off is there was a Spinoff of  Babylon 5,    Crusade    and Ted Turner :etc_red_button::etc_swear:that up along with the SciFi Channel right along with it,    The SciFi Channel never has been the same since he got a hold of it and :etc_swear: It Up    and afterward's just walked away unpunished another Scam/Artist Thief like  all too many others who's name's will go unsaid and unpunished

Edited by shadowsrmine

Beta Testers
154 posts
1,517 battles

I loved this show ! I have every season on DVD , plus all the movies . They made an anthology of three short stories called Babylon 5 : The Lost Tales also . Oh , and I have Crusade too . For the record , in addition , I am a big fan of Firefly .  ;)

[LOU1]
Members
3,561 posts
9,429 battles

An interesting note is that the animation for Babylon 5 was initially produced on 32-bit Amiga and Macintosh (original Apple Mac) PCs.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,373 posts
10,928 battles
3 hours ago, alexf24 said:

1 hour ago, 1Sherman said:

That single season was awesome but would the show have been able to keep up that quality for several seasons.

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,847 posts
5,245 battles
48 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That single season was awesome but would the show have been able to keep up that quality for several seasons.

You'd probably have a similar scenario to Buffy 3-4 good seasons, then a few mediocre seasons with the final one just running off the rails, and the final episodes probably mirroring what was done in Serenity. 

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles

I never could get into it, I know it was good and I can see why people loved it but I'm more of a DS9/SG1 guy although I got into BSG a few years ago, I can't believe I missed that show when it first came out

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
9 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

I never could get into it, I know it was good and I can see why people loved it but I'm more of a DS9/SG1 guy although I got into BSG a few years ago, I can't believe I missed that show when it first came out

Which version of BSG the 1st or 2nd?   Loved the1st one the 2nd not so much:Smile_sad:  PS  loved DS9,Star Trek Next Generation, The new Star Ship Enterprize,Voyager series  Meh:Smile_sad:

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
1,640 posts
3,603 battles

I liked the first but the second was better.

Funny I loved Voyager when I was young but the older I get the worse it aged for me. Love TNG as a kid and it gets better with age

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,100 posts
11,089 battles
7 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Sorry second best . lol

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,100 posts
11,089 battles
8 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

I think that one of the reasons it was so good is that IT WAS planned to be ONLY five seasons so that it never dragged on .

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles
7 hours ago, alexf24 said:

Firefly was great, and the movie better, but I am a die hard B5 fan.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,654 posts
15 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Firefly was great, and the movie better, but I am a die hard B5 fan.

As am I:cap_cool:

[WOLF9]
Members
8,821 posts
4,180 battles
9 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

The difference was that Firefly was cut off in its youth.  It too was planned on a 5-year arc.  Comparing the first few episodes on their own, Firefly clearly wins, if for nothing but character development.  And Joss is a better writer than Joe, especially of dialogue, heresy though that sounds.

That said, B5 is probably second in my pantheon.  I have the whole series on disc, plus the spinoffs.

P.S. B5 could have been even better had the studio not dicked with it, forcing Joe to end the arc early, then continue into a fifth season with the main story essentially complete. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,631 posts
15,896 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The difference was that Firefly was cut off in its youth.

YEAH, and that SUCKED! Can you imagine 4 more years of Summer Moon kicking azz and being ... well ... Summer?

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,821 posts
4,180 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

YEAH, and that SUCKED! Can you imagine 4 more years of Summer Moon kicking azz and being ... well ... Summer?

Character: River Moon.

Actress: Summer Glau.

IIRC, her first role, after a career as a ballerina.  Very good acting.  I'm surprised we haven't seen more of her.

[REVY]
Members
6,142 posts
5,158 battles
8 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I liked the first but the second was better.

Funny I loved Voyager when I was young but the older I get the worse it aged for me. Love TNG as a kid and it gets better with age

Voyager was more family friendly.  I have fond memories of my family just getting together to watch Voyager.  But TNG and DS9 certainly had more edge to it and had more to say.