Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomwaffel

Tirpitz captain struggle

6 comments in this topic

Members
132 posts
5,589 battles

Hello everyone, recently I earned myself a Tirpitz from the Camo contest. And so far I enjoy it a lot, very brawler ish, which fits my playstile.
So thats what I want to maximize.

Now I have a little problem when it comes to the captain skills:

I have 2 german captains so far that I could use: 1 is a regular one, the other the one that gives you a bonus on the torp detection skill.
Sadly I ran the torp detection one on my cruisers so far and would have to retrain with hard earned cpt points. ^^ And since the other cpt is already skilled for the tirpi it would save me a lot of points. But I wouldnt get the torp skill bonus.

So I am struggeling a bit on the skills and what to pick.

So far:
R1: PM
R2: EM
R3: BFT
R4: AFT

going for MFC for 14 points

but besides that I am torn.
I run the spotter range upgrade, so using the bonus captain+ improved Vigilance would grant me a big torp spot range, but do I need it? That would give me Vigilance + AR. in the end, but no concealment whatsoever.

As an alternative I could go full stealth and replace the upgrade with the concealment one + Skill?
Or a mix maybe? Like concealment upgrade, butu Vigilance skill or concealment skill + concealment upgrade?
I am really torn right now about which captain to pick, and for which skills to plan.

Open for all help.
Thanks.

[POP]
Members
1,467 posts
17,157 battles

hi

My Tirpitz Captain is a 19 point one and as such I prefer to go down this path when it comes to his skills

PM level1

EP at level 2

SUP at level 3

CE at level 4

that was my core skills

I then followed up

AR at level 2

BOS at level 3

AFT at level 4

However there is probable better setup than this that a lot better skilled players use, but its got me by so far and I'm happy with it.

cheers

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
10,708 posts

Do you want a build for a dedicated tirp commander or for all the way up the line? Congrats on the prize btw.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

Members
132 posts
5,589 battles
49 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Do you want a build for a dedicated tirp commander or for all the way up the line? Congrats on the prize btw.

Tirpitz only and thanks.

Edited by Doomwaffel

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles

Tirpitz is a lot like a Bismarck with Torps, so my Bismarck Build will likely work on Tirpitz.

Preventive Maintenance, Expert Marksman, Basic Fire Training, Advanced Fire Training, Manual Secondaries, Superintendent, and High Alert.  The Basic Fire Training can be switched out for Adrenaline Rush and one of the 1 point captains skills if you wanted to. Other thing is if you are wanting to use the special German Captain Franz Von Jutland then the Jack of All trades skill will replace High Alert.

You will at minimum need the Premium Damage Control and Repair Party set to resupply for credits since as a Tirpitz you need to be brawling. Which means you need to be able to put out floods and fires more often and be able to heal HP more often as well. Personally I use all the premium Consumables on my Bismarck since I stay pretty busy in battles and they come in handy.

You will need the Catapult fighter since it can help spot ships hiding behind islands, spot incoming Torps, and help shoot down enemy planes. The Spotter plane is useless on German Battleships since they are designed to fight at 16 max range, anything beyond that and guns get inaccurate, so Spotter plane would only make this worse.

Upgrades on the ship: Main Armaments Mod 1, Damage Control System Mod 1, Secondary Battery Mod 2, Rudder Shift Mod 2, Concealment System Mod 1. These allow you to better sneak into your closer firing range so that by the time you are spotttec you can unleash your weapons on the enemy and be more able to fight them.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
10,708 posts
1 hour ago, Doomwaffel said:

Tirpitz only and thanks.

Well there are a few ways to build it but you will have to find one that fits your playstyle most comfortably. If you plan for a full on secondary build you might like this PT, AR, BFT, AFT, MFCS, CE, PM and I recommend the concealment module on all the builds unless your WASD skills arent very good. Another build could be PT, AR, SI, AFT, MFCS, BOS, HA. One other option would be PT, AR, SI, MFCS, FP, CE, PM. The key is how much secondary firepower you want balanced against survivability and stealth. You really can mix and match a lot of skills. Personally I like secondary builds when possible but they can be hard in a long range HE spammed meta that often happens at high tier games so I mix in some survivability so I can make it into secondary range in the late game when the enemy herd is thinned and go to work. This is when any concealment can be helpful at letting you get into optimal range.

Sign in to follow this