You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PFCWilliams

Colorado is garbage

42 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
647 battles

Colorado is garbage.  New Mexico is a better ship at tier 6.  A tier 6 is better than the tier 7....  you amaze me again Wargaming. 

New Mexico turns much better and can actually hit what its aiming at once in a while.  Other than that they are the same ship. 

I love constantly getting hit by Cruiser salvos with tight dispersion, get hit every 5 seconds.  Then I take a shot and watch as the shells fly all over the place spreading and spreading the further they go. 

Edited by PFCWilliams
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[LEGIO]
Members
3,246 posts
6,000 battles

She could use a quality of life improvement too gun dispersion. God knows that those 16" rifles are the only good quality Colorado has going for it. 13.5" of belt armor is meaningless when HE salvos gut you for 5,000 damage every few seconds.

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles

When I played her she had very accurate guns with tight dispersion and 2.0 sigma. Things have gotten worse since, heard they nerfed her sigma to 1.9. I enjoyed my time with her. She was slow, but her guns hit hard, she was more durable and turned better than Nagato. She performed a lot more reliably than Nagato or the Germans. Now she rusts in my port. One shotting a Myoko at 17km that thought I wouldn't anticipate him stopping was really fun. Detonated him from the front, turret explosions. I don't know but the last time I played her her guns were a lot more unreliable than the Colorado of 2016-2017 I remembered.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles

Colorado is an odd girl, though her weak spot is her speed and not her guns. Positioning is the most difficult thing to do, especially with that toddler speed.
The guns itself do have some spread, but less than the New Mexico. NM has the 4 extra barrels to make up for bad aiming/rng, where the Colorado doesn't. Also the guns on the Colorado are really mean. When playing cruisers in the lower tiers I am more afraid for a Colorado than a New Mexico. Often the few shells that hit rip half my HP away.

She eats HE spam, but she got buffed a while back. Positioning is pretty much key. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
2,532 posts
12,334 battles
48 minutes ago, PFCWilliams said:

Colorado is garbage.  New Mexico is a better ship at tier 6.  A tier 6 is better than the tier 7....  you amaze me again Wargaming. 

New Mexico turns much better and can actually hit what its aiming at once in a while.  Other than that they are the same ship. 

I love constantly getting hit by Cruiser salvos with tight dispersion, get hit every 5 seconds.  Then I take a shot and watch as the shells fly all over the place spreading and spreading the further they go. 

I believe this is an owner/operator issue, and you are correct WG is amazing

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,571 posts
7,924 battles

Colorado is similar to Nagato in that they both follow two powerful shotgun-style ships.  Going from NM to Colorado, or Fuso to Nagato is a huge shock.  You are much more accurate on average due to the vastly higher sigma, but the lower barrel count means if your aim is off you’re unlikely to hit much.

Colorado has a hull that’s weak to direct HE damage, but she also has a buffed heal which makes up for that.  Otherwise her hull isn’t any worse than NM.

She takes a lot of work at first, but once you get the hang of her Colorado is a great ship!

[RLGN]
Members
10,045 posts
19,455 battles
3 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I believe this is an owner/operator issue, and you are correct WG is amazing

As I will repeat as often as these threads come up...

60% wr, and started using Colorado with a ZERO point captain on a dare.

[ARP2]
Supertester
468 posts
4,293 battles

I LOVED my Colorado. Her guns hit like trucks and are very accurate, compared to New Mexico, which has probably the worst dispersion at tier 6 for a battleship. She's not the toughest or the fastest ship, so you have to play around that.

rLzeXqs.jpg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,588 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, PFCWilliams said:

Colorado is garbage.

I know a guy who will probably trade you a Baltimore for it; see the next post.

• Funny 2

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
845 posts
13,945 battles

After 3 years of the game, most ships are balanced. Not all are awesome but all of them are playable.

Just use ship right way, avoid her weakness or if it too complicated for you, jump to next ship with free xp.

[AFW-]
[AFW-]
Members
266 posts
11,203 battles

the shock of going from the Colorado to the NC will kill the OP

[-AA-]
Members
1,756 posts
6,674 battles
28 minutes ago, Apewar said:

the shock of going from the Colorado to the NC will kill the OP

I forgot how dramatic that step was till I recently went playing the NM after playing mostly the higher tier US BBs.

My NM’s shells landed so many times in front of the enemy ships haha

[VW]
Members
2,427 posts
14,238 battles

the colo is a brawler, you cant be sniping from max range. the guns are strong. she IS slow though.

[4HIM]
Members
2,218 posts
6,506 battles

Just recently unlocked the CO.  Almost by accident.  I rarely played the NM, but played it in an Op and that got the XP to unlock it.  I'm no fan of the slow US BB's and wasn't in a rush to play through the NM.  The slow speed of the US BB is an annoyance at T5.  It's darn near unbearable at T7.  Tempted to just FXP to the NC.  

Members
1,632 posts
3,603 battles
3 hours ago, PFCWilliams said:

It's the captain that is sailing her. Honestly with less than 500 battles you really should revisit lower tiers because it's no wonder your struggling with her, up to her you had at 10 guns to fire, now your down to 8 which means you actually have to learn how to aim instead of letting RNG handle it, it's why do many players struggle going from NM to the Colorado and Fuso to Nagato

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,841 posts
4,855 battles

To me

Colorado >>>>>>> Nagato. The former just go along with me easier...

BTW, I stock grinded it pre-buff, which means I had to also contend with virtually no AA, too.

Alpha Tester
5,865 posts
2,866 battles

I loved my Colorado. Her guns were fantastic, she could tank hits like a German BB, and she had a fearsome suite of AA. I feared no ship when I played her and to this day, she is statistically my second best ship (after the NC).

[USCG]
Members
363 posts
14,543 battles

I’m still on the Colorado. Three years in this game and I still don’t want to play her. Think it’s her speed that irks me the most. I’m at tier 8 or higher on all my other BBs, just not the US ones. Don’t even want to waste free XP on her. Have Alabama & Missouri so I’m in no rush. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
5 hours ago, PFCWilliams said:

IN closed beta and right after launch the Colorado was the worst ship in the game. They have since buffed her and she is a lot better. She is still the worst T-7 battleship by far though.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,469 posts
6,065 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

IN closed beta and right after launch the Colorado was the worst ship in the game. They have since buffed her and she is a lot better. She is still the worst T-7 battleship by far though.

There are undoubtedly plenty of better Tier 7 BBs overall.

But I'll tell you what. . . as a brawler, nothing worries me at Tier 7 as much as getting close to those 16"/45s she's got.  She hits like a freight train.  Anybody else at Tier 7 I've got no problem getting close to. . . but I keep my distance from Colorados.