You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

OP Cherry Blossom dmg bug?

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,184 posts
4,631 battles

I was curious if anyone else has noticed we don't receive damage done for attacking the air fields in the new op? I've never noticed before if we received damage counted for attacking forts before, haven't really thought about it until i noticed my damage count wasn't going up but i was seeing 10k damage salvo or 8k etc on the airfield.

Is this something intended?

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,184 posts
4,631 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It shows it in the details.

But it doesn't seem to count towards current damage which affects XP. Unless its all about who gets a kill shot on it for the ribbon maybe?

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

attacking land targets has never counted towards total damage. been that way as long as land targets have been a thing. not a bug, it's supposed to be that way.

Edited by MidnightShamalan
  • Cool 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
985 posts
13,500 battles

It's not suppose to count towards damage to my understanding.  Just like in Killer Whale, doing damage to forts/buildings won't count there as well.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,184 posts
4,631 battles

Thank you for the replies and the info guys.

I am curious though why its not counted if anyone knows? I've noticed a trend in Cherry Blossom, that people tend to farm out all of the ships rather than blasting the air fields right away and i'm wondering if the lack of damage (xp) counted is the reason. Games have actually come close to being lost due to this.

Edited by xalmgrey

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
985 posts
13,500 battles

Thing is, even if the field damage counted, you will still see folks farm out damage on ships, so really it wouldn't change anything there.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,659 posts
4,602 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

I was curious if anyone else has noticed we don't receive damage done for attacking the air fields in the new op? I've never noticed before if we received damage counted for attacking forts before, haven't really thought about it until i noticed my damage count wasn't going up but i was seeing 10k damage salvo or 8k etc on the airfield.

Is this something intended?

Apparently.  You don't get damage counted from killing shore installations in Killer Whale, either.  AFAICT, it doesn't affect your XP

I did a test in Killer Whale where I drove into the bay, killed all the shore installation (no Forts) and did nothing else.  Total XP something like 240.  You get that much just by showing up.

So no, don't expect that killing the Airfields will affect your rewards.  I might be best to wait until all the enemy ships are dead first.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,930 posts
8,460 battles
42 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Apparently.  You don't get damage counted from killing shore installations in Killer Whale, either.  AFAICT, it doesn't affect your XP

I did a test in Killer Whale where I drove into the bay, killed all the shore installation (no Forts) and did nothing else.  Total XP something like 240.  You get that much just by showing up.

So no, don't expect that killing the Airfields will affect your rewards.  I might be best to wait until all the enemy ships are dead first.

Do not do this, you would be in danger of running out of time if you try to kill every enemy ship in sight and god knows how unlucky some people would be in taking a few torps thus reducing the number of guns that can take out the airfields in time.

[MUDDX]
[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,869 battles

What MidnightShamalan said we have never got damage dealt point for land targets though you get a ribbon for the kill shot.

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles

I believe the bigger bug that exists is: When a player takes torps from the Aerodrome planes and they don't show up in the post game stats.

I took 4 torps in 1 battle, eventually killed, but my Damage Received only said 1888. I know that wasn't right...lol

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,659 posts
4,602 battles
7 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Do not do this, you would be in danger of running out of time if you try to kill every enemy ship in sight and god knows how unlucky some people would be in taking a few torps thus reducing the number of guns that can take out the airfields in time.

We consciously farm all the ships that show up, including some late spawns, unless we're down to four ships.  No chance of running out of time.  OTOH, we're no exactly your typical random team, either. 

We ran into one situation that is probably a bug.  Killed an airfield way too early, IIRC before dawn.  It didn't count, and the team ended up with a fail.  (I wasn't in that battle.)

Another downside of killing an airfield too early is not getting enough planes to shoot down 50.