Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
awildseaking

Courageous Resistance EXP Multiplier

4 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
Members
2,130 posts
7,604 battles

There aren't many good ideas that come from WoT and the few that exist typically exist here too, but I want to suggest that WG consider an experience multiplier that provides a similar bonus to a win bonus for certain players on the losing team. I don't know what the threshold should be, but I think players would get a lot less frustrated if they didn't have to struggle for their win bonuses in spite of how well they play. I don't want achievements to give a multiplier because it will encourage damage farming just like people farm stars in Ranked. I think it would be nice if the top player on the losing team received their win bonus if they have not already earned it. Once in a while, I have games where I outscore the entire winning team in spite of their multiplier. It's extremely disappointing to give that much effort and get nothing for it, especially if you play a lot and have already earned rewards for in-game achievements. The grind gets really bad when you want to save time during 3x and you end up spending more time because the quality of play drops significantly.

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles

Last I knew, in WoT, you qualified for the Courageous Resistance XP bonus if you earned one of the epic medals on a losing team.  That seems like a good enough standard for WoWS as well, if they wanted to implement Courageous Resistance for this game.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,100 posts
12,562 battles
5 hours ago, awildseaking said:

Once in a while, I have games where I outscore the entire winning team in spite of their multiplier.

Not that long ago I ran someone else's idea for an achievement (like Confederate etc.) for anyone on the losing team who out-XP'd all the winners up the flagpole, and there were people clambering all over each other to shout it down and rubbish it. Expect a lot of heat on this one.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
3,492 battles

I've often wondered why WoT does this and WoWs doesn't. 

I think its a good idea. It would make those games where you just couldn't quite carry hard enough easier.

Sign in to follow this