You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Riker_2

Better Ship

18 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

I have enough credits for Bismarck or Richelieu look for players that have played both i know that you will be playing tiers 9 and 10 a lot which one can hold it`s own better when it gets up tier.

[DRI-S]
Members
628 posts
19,935 battles

Bismarck hat down. I have both but the germans have better armor period. Richelieu have better gun dispersion over Bismarck but in a brawling situation German Sausage prevail with hydro as well.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
940 posts
11,766 battles

I prefer the French. Decent secondaries plus great angles with your guns make them superior IMHO.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,219 posts
30,429 battles

I got both.

Bismark took me 200 or more games to get comfortable with, and I still only have a 51% WR in her.  2ndary and main gun build.  It's great at T8 and below, but it's tough to get close above T8 to let it brawl regularly.

Richelieu.  Wow!  I've got a 56% WR in her right now (I do better in Lyon and Normandie)  She's awesome.  The tankiest ship tier for tier I think there is.  Fast enough to get you into and out of trouble.  But she really shines getting close to an island so one side is protected and letting them come at you from the bow.  You must keep them in front, cause if you've got the Golden Proctologist camo with the Maltese Cross marking your citadel, they will deplete you quicly.  And they will focus you as you retreat / then go forward etc.  I've got a zombie survivability build 'cause she burns like all BB.  But that and torps are about all you really have to fear when you're bow on ( with some exception - er...Yammy Whammy)

But her 8 rifles on forward firing are a huge advantage when bows on.  And plenty accurate.  You gotta be patient and not veer from the forward facing slim profile when you get targeted.  They reds will get impatient and turn before you do and then you got 'em.  If someone gets behind you the stock 2ndaries are really effective too.  And work well with AA as is.  She really is a lot of fun, and you'll feel you can influence a game more than some other BB's.  She shines playing it on the front line.  You'll generally have other ships rally when they see you're not getting instantly vaporized.  You will die; of course, but playing forward you draw fire away from the rest of your team and let them have an easier time focusing the enemy.

It's my favorite BB. 

I do well in my Leander, Fiji, and Edinburgh - also forward players - if it helps you to know that. 

Edited by slokill_1
  • Cool 1

[1984]
Members
3,909 posts
18,842 battles

Both are good. If you prefer brawling go german, the french are good, however the tier 10 is not really a brawler since only 2 guns if you get close its fun to knock them out and watch him sail around impotent. If you have the bis or the rich perm camo this might influence your decision. Did you play space mode? The bbs were the german and french tier 10.

Edited by monpetitloup

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
16,635 battles

I have both and like both. But I have a little over 200 games in the Bismarck and only 2 games in the Richelieu. If you enjoy brawling, Bismarck is a lot of fun. If you enjoy Nelson, I think you will enjoy Richelieu.

Perhaps more important is what you will want beyond that in tiers nine and ten?

Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it!

Respects,

Am

[90THG]
Members
548 posts
7,847 battles

I personally preferred the bis over the rich, way too many times my guns would be damaged or disabled in the Rich. But in the grand scheme of things I greatly value the Alsace over the tier 9 German counter part. When it comes to secondaries you can’t really compare French and German not because of difference but because they are nearly identical. I’ve been running a full secondary build on  Alsace for about 2 months and average well over 200 secondary hits a game with it. With the flag and full secondary build, including the manual targeting it wrecks anything within that 11.3 km range. And the AA on the French line is way better than the German. The only advantage the Germans have is armor everything else falls to the French, accuracy, speed, turning radius, and I personally believe the French guns hit harder than the German. Maybe that has to do with the lack of accuracy on the German end but the Alsace is a cruiser killer between 13-16 km something most German ships struggle to hit at that range. I had the republique for a short time before deciding it wasn’t for me and stopped with the Alsace. Probably my current favorite ship in the game. So I’d say grind through the rich and and get the Alsace. You won’t be disappointed. 

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

French BB go faster in reverse than the bismark

• Funny 1

Members
3,378 posts
14,155 battles

I don't have my hands on RIchelieu yet so I don't really know how she perform.

Bismarck is a pretty good T8 BB. Tanky when angled, good secondaries (but that's just a gimmick) and hydro. But the ship is really big and easily eat pen damage 

[-KAK-]
Members
132 posts
6,196 battles

Operation Hermes ( I think thats the one?) Is always a fun one to bring your Richi too as an added benefit.

[INTEL]
Members
12,355 posts
34,353 battles

Richeliu. Better guns, better range tankier, faster, and you can secondary spec her if you like. 

Edited by Taichunger

Members
629 posts
8,837 battles

Both are good ships, but go Richy first - as a speedy bow-tanker it's the most unique ship in either line.

Bonus if you have the  -10% service cost camo.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
19,185 battles

I prefer playing the Bismarck, but these are easily my favorite BBs at tier VIII.

You can't go wrong with either:

Bismarck - brawling, secondary build

Richelieu - bow on with all guns available, mid range crusher

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,310 posts
11,795 battles

Both are good but IMO the Republique is the better T10 so I would pick Richie.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,539 posts
10,372 battles

Either one is a good pick.  You can't go wrong.  The Biz allows you to get in tight and brawl.  The Rich allows you to move around with greater control and a lot of forward firepower.

The next ship in the line could influence your pick.  The Alsace is so much better than the Friedrich der Große.  When you get to the T10s, they both get back to being great ships again.

• Cool 1