You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
QYR113

Haida

18 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
638 battles

When I was younger I used to work and train in the harbour area of Toronto.  I used to see navy cadets, tourists, and even myself visit the Haida when when was moored there.  It was not only a piece of my nation's history, but my own.  So when I saw that Wargaming had released this fine vessel on WoWs I was blown away.

I quickly bought her and haven't been disappointed (my team mates on the other hand are a different topic).

So a great bit thank you to WoWs and the whole team.  I love watching the Haida in action and feel like I living many many childhood fantasies.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,011 posts
15,854 battles

Yeah, it's a nice ship that I have yet to master.

[VVV]
Members
712 posts
11,194 battles

5 games small size I know but quickly loving this ship beginning to eclipse sims as my favorite tier 7 DD  

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
7,189 posts
13,326 battles
16 minutes ago, yamato6945 said:

5 games small size I know but quickly loving this ship beginning to eclipse sims as my favorite tier 7 DD  

I like tier 7 premium DDs it's a nice range for them. Haven't played Haida yet though, been busy.

[SQUAD]
Members
7,920 posts
8,324 battles

I've run her 11 times, 7 wins. She's sturdy, guns are good if used right, and her torps are just murder, even with only 4 of them. She's really good at using her smoke to bait radar into being used when it didnt need to be, giving your team open windows to aggressively move forward.

Members
1,803 posts
9,525 battles

Hey

I finally ran my Haida this morning for the first time and got 84,435 damage and 2 kills, win.  Very fun DD and I put the smoke Generator Mod 1 on and it makes a nice improvement.  Very fun boat indeed, great guns and handles nicely.  Well worth buying IMHO.

Pete

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,267 posts
12,617 battles

I enjoy my Haida a lot.  I do not enjoy most of the Haidas I'm seeing on my teams who do not use this ship's delicious level of aggression.

Members
447 posts
9,282 battles

Have over 160 battles in my Haida. strong ship but really needs a good team to keep you alive while to hunt down the enemy DDs. 

Love this ship. Its what I play the most now 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,127 battles
On 7/2/2018 at 6:14 PM, QYR113 said:

When I was younger I used to work and train in the harbour area of Toronto.  I used to see navy cadets, tourists, and even myself visit the Haida when when was moored there.  It was not only a piece of my nation's history, but my own.  So when I saw that Wargaming had released this fine vessel on WoWs I was blown away.

I quickly bought her and haven't been disappointed (my team mates on the other hand are a different topic).

So a great bit thank you to WoWs and the whole team.  I love watching the Haida in action and feel like I living many many childhood fantasies.

I was on the Haida as a Sea Cadet a few times when she was in Toronto, my next door neighbor served on the Haida during WWll so I to bought the Haida when she came out, have had limited success in her .. but I don’t mind

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,267 posts
12,617 battles

Haida is devastating vs other DDs.  I love that ship.

Alpha Tester
5,755 posts
2,799 battles
On 7/2/2018 at 9:32 PM, Umikami said:

Yeah, it's a nice ship that I have yet to master.

Give her CE and IFHE and she becomes the ultimate close-range gunslinger.

[WOLFC]
Members
736 posts
5,724 battles

Still wondering why going 1/4 speed with smoke just causes opposing DD's to panic sooo much.

[TOG]
Members
3,260 posts
17,119 battles
On 12/15/2018 at 9:54 PM, Anonymous50 said:

Still wondering why going 1/4 speed with smoke just causes opposing DD's to panic sooo much.

It's the ninja act. you can now shoot them and they have a hard time shooting you.