You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

What is it with every team I'm on tonight...

38 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles

...content to sit behind rocks and wait to die, or hang around in C cap on fault line (the one near the lion rock) and blow the win?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,516 posts

RnGesus occasionally bends to your will, other times it's you that must do the bending.....:Smile_hiding:

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,475 battles

i think you have been on my team bin having fun doing well but losing damm red team winning all the time nerf the red team please

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
29 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...content to sit behind rocks and wait to die, or hang around in C cap on fault line (the one near the lion rock) and blow the win?

It's not just you the lead paint chip for breakfast eaters have been out in full force today.

• Cool 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They all potato and loose the match.  I know I know.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
55 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It was really bad tonight, I played three games, three straight garbage teams. Logged off and will try again tomorrow.

• Funny 1

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,881 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

RnGesus occasionally bends to your will, other times it's you that must do the bending.....:Smile_hiding:

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

I will bend like a reed in the wind...

• Funny 1

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
940 posts
11,766 battles

You get a few bad apples every game. 

Just try to stay alive as long as possible to influence the match. 

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Rough day for me as well. I think people have been intentionally letting reds into caps, to get defender ribbons, so that if we win, they complete the Indianapolis mission. Problem is, that's a losing strategy.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles

The potatoes got transfers out and the win rate went up, then the stars aligned and I was handed the prize of an enemy ship within easy reach in one of our caps, halfway through flipping it, with our team well up on points. I got six resets on him before he did me in, but I left him so sick that one of our CLs was able to finish him off easily. The rest was mopping up.

Mission accomplished. Feeling a whole lot better now.

While I'm at it, does the Atlanta have a money-maker baked in? Because one of my DEFEATS tonight netted me 240K credits before service costs and I am trying to work out why. (Yes, I sank a battleship and a destroyer, chunked down a cruiser and got a solo base cap, but still... that much on a loss was a pleasant surprise.)

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

Rough day for me as well. I think people have been intentionally letting reds into caps, to get defender ribbons, so that if we win, they complete the Indianapolis mission. Problem is, that's a losing strategy.

I had one game that might have been like that, but the others seemed more like just straight-up dying potatoes. By all means let them in and farm a few hits at decent intervals, but then KILL them and take the cap for yourself.

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
15 minutes ago, _greifer said:

You get a few bad apples every game. 

Sometimes its the whole orchard. I have games where i did fairly badly and still come out on top. I wonder if my internet is doing what it is to spare me anymore bad games today ~ at the cost of stopping me from playing anything online...

[HELLS]
Members
2,570 posts
25,538 battles

I just exited the game after 21 attempts to get through today's Indianapolis mission, without any success. The three times I got the ribbons I needed my team blew a commanding lead and lost at the last gasp, twice via teamkills by the same player (who apologized in chat-target fixation in zoom firing torpedoes, something most of us have learned not to do the hard way). And it was not all bad because I was on the winning side 12 of those 21 games. Just sxxt outta luck, I guess...

[-K-]
WoWS Community Contributors
940 posts
11,766 battles
5 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Sometimes its the whole orchard. I have games where i did fairly badly and still come out on top. I wonder if my internet is doing what it is to spare me anymore bad games today ~ at the cost of stopping me from playing anything online...

I concur.  I had two today where the team nascar'd to one side and the enemy comes straight into the base in a standard battle. 

I wish i knew what players thought at times to think that would work. 

• Funny 1

[MWM]
-Members-
293 posts
4,949 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There called barnicles , useless and cling to rocks.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,637 battles
52 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The potatoes got transfers out and the win rate went up, then the stars aligned and I was handed the prize of an enemy ship within easy reach in one of our caps, halfway through flipping it, with our team well up on points. I got six resets on him before he did me in, but I left him so sick that one of our CLs was able to finish him off easily. The rest was mopping up.

Mission accomplished. Feeling a whole lot better now.

While I'm at it, does the Atlanta have a money-maker baked in? Because one of my DEFEATS tonight netted me 240K credits before service costs and I am trying to work out why. (Yes, I sank a battleship and a destroyer, chunked down a cruiser and got a solo base cap, but still... that much on a loss was a pleasant surprise.)

Credits is the same win or lose 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,637 battles

I hate to say this, but completing the Indianapolis missions is np - it's opening nearly 30 crates and not getting one single ship mission that's starting to bust my balls. For anyone who already has the Indianapolis or bought it for the missions - this ain't gud.

[NWNG]
Members
3,072 posts
4,925 battles
2 hours ago, Woofship said:

It's the summer, it's always like this around this time of the year. Try to see it as a several weeks long weekend

Today has been far worse than usual. So I don't even think that is a reasonable explanation for this one.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,363 posts
12,791 battles
19 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I hate to say this, but completing the Indianapolis missions is np - it's opening nearly 30 crates and not getting one single ship mission that's starting to bust my balls. For anyone who already has the Indianapolis or bought it for the missions - this ain't gud.

I hate to be harsh, but if you bought a ship that you knew was going for free when you had any chance at all of winning her, I have no sympathy for you.

I commiserate with those who failed, because I was sharing your pain for most of the evening or I would never have made the thread.

But at the end of the night, RNGesus compensated me for all the s*** he'd dumped on my head. On my very last container of the night, I decided to hit Try Your Luck, thinking I might get a nice huge chunk of coal to work towards the Aigle if a supercontainer appeared.

The supercontainer did appear, and inside it was 50,000 free XP, the second time this has happened. Thank you, RNGesus. I am now just a hair under 230K, and the Nelson is coming into distant view.