Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
C_D

? To the Devs...

18 comments in this topic

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,859 battles

Is it possible to have a total historical version of the game with perhaps more missions and independant play and or more shipping/subs/merchant etc?

The reason I ask I know there are quite a lot of people who would play a more realistic version of WoW and I can already see this game waning in its popularity. Are there plans for other works by WoW? Change is inevitable and a good company will adapt if it plans to continue to be successful. Please feel free to move this topic to another place if you feel it necessary. I just was wondering if Wargaming has entertained the idea or not cost effective?

Thank You in advance

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
4 minutes ago, C_D said:

Is it possible to have a total historical version of the game with perhaps more missions and independant play and or more shipping/subs/merchant etc?

The reason I ask I know there are quite a lot of people who would play a more realistic version of WoW and I can already see this game waning in its popularity. Are there plans for other works by WoW? Change is inevitable and a good company will adapt if it plans to continue to be successful. Please feel free to move this topic to another place if you feel it necessary. I just was wondering if Wargaming has entertained the idea or not cost effective?

Thank You in advance

You DO REALIZE this is an arcade game

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
6 minutes ago, C_D said:

Thank You in advance

Battles lasting 10 hours or more where you shoot and shoot and get a hit 2% to 4% of the time? Sure, that will be super popular. People hate high tier play now because of the camping, and you want to spend hours getting into position after being spotted? Nah, I'll pass.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,375 posts

actually... a day long battle by nations on a global map would be pretty spectacular... you joined the game in-progress, mission in hand and sailed off to battle... without the need to wait for teams to form... you might even be dropped in a ship with 30 seconds to recon the map, the battle then boom, war starts. 

Nah... too complimicated

[TAZ]
Members
664 posts

Historical component of Axis vs Alllies battles would be good; although what do you do about the French and Italians? 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
17 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

although what do you do about the French and Italians? 

Ignore them until you see them; then stomp them hard. Just like what happened in real life.

[187]
Members
1,626 posts
10,859 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

You DO REALIZE this is an arcade game

O wow ? Thank you for pointing that out to me Muttley...good grief can you even read? It was a question to the developers....unless pardon me you are one but considering your ignorant condescending reply I would think you probably live at home with mommy still and maybe have paper route.

I posed the question because this game has a lot of potential to be more than just an "Arcade" game.

Edited by C_D
  • Meh 1

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

I think you will find that wargaming will be adding new modes in the future as they need new content and there is a limit to how many ships you can put in the game before you start just making up stuff.  We have had 1 new line this year that is a full line and since the Akizuki line and british DDs seem to be the current development projects its likely we only get 2 full lines this year with some partials and probably a new mode or the carrier rework.  Whether these new modes will be historical (no) or what you want (dunno) is entirely different though.

Members
4,415 posts
17,984 battles
38 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

Historical component of Axis vs Alllies battles would be good; although what do you do about the French and Italians? 

The French will surrender and the Italians will change sides. Just like they actually did.

• Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
645 posts
23,294 battles

just fix matching first

4 and 5 radar ships to one is just B@#!$(*)*

Edited by vikingno2

Members
433 posts
1 hour ago, mrh308 said:

I think you will find that wargaming will be adding new modes in the future as they need new content and there is a limit to how many ships you can put in the game before you start just making up stuff.

They've been just making stuff up from the beginning: Cloaking devices (concealment), CV loadouts that make zero sense, nerfed secondaries etc.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
5 hours ago, MrSparkle said:

They've been just making stuff up from the beginning: Cloaking devices (concealment), CV loadouts that make zero sense, nerfed secondaries etc.

I'm talking about completely fictional ships that have no basis in reality.  Those are game mechanics that are for balance.  You may not like that balance but its for a purpose.  Basically every ship in the game at the moment has some relationship to a real ship or real plan for a ship.  There are not an infinite number of those and not even like WoT where you can just slap a different country name on a similar tank and change a few features.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,780 posts
25,373 battles
7 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

just fix matching first

4 and 5 radar ships to one is just B@#!$(*)*

Ask the Japanese in the battles after 1942...

[-VT-]
Members
645 posts
23,294 battles

Don't care about the Japanese after 1942 unless they are a WG game developer, fix the dam match making  

[WOLFG]
Members
27,119 posts
7,239 battles

I think something similar to Heroes & Generals would be cool. 

Basically, clans would be supplying the strategic organisation & coherent force for large ops, with loners "filling in", or carrying out smaller, less important actions, where organisation isn't critical.

Game would have a strategic layer, where missions would be created, and players/divs/teams could jump into battles like we have now, where they desired.

Different types of missions could be "put up on the board", and you choose which one you want to fight in.

Missions could run from meeting engagements (like a regular PvP battle) over important sea areas, to defend/attack missions involving AI freighters. Operation-type missions could be used, with AI providing any necessary handicapping. (for example, a harbour assault type mission could have the attacking team given extra AI ships, with the defenders getting shore batteries and maybe an airfield.

Sign in to follow this