You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

Motivation Monday - The Skipper

9 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,504 posts
9,245 battles

Image result for admiral karel doorman battle

(pictured - Rear Admiral Karel Doorman, Royal Netherlands Navy)

Does the captain you choose for your warship make a difference in battle?

Regardless of the ship class, the captain skills can enhance the abilities of the ship.

However, seaworthiness and tactical mastery are very much in the hands of the individual.

These as well as understanding the particulars of the vessel, its equipment, and the skills earned by the captain equal the difference between an adequate and an excellent skipper.

Is your skipper ready to go to action stations and lead their fleet to victory?

"I am attacking, follow me!" - Karel Doorman, Royal Netherlands Navy

#motivationmonday

#anchorsaweigh

1015450271.png

[POP]
Members
992 posts
13,758 battles

I think what he's trying to say is that there's a Royal Netherlands Navy premium ship around the corner.

Is that a new Legendary Captain, Rear Admiral Karel Doorman, Royal Netherlands Navy, available soon too?  

(yay! new collections!)

[MLPVA]
Members
347 posts
3,986 battles

I always try to choose captain skills that enhance the strengths of my ships, such as BFT and AFT for my German Cruisers and Battleships (AA and Secondary Builds). High point captains always have an impact on the game.

Edited by DarfTarts421

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles

I always enhance the strength of the ship in question as best I can. While I do have a number of hybrid builds for use across many ships, I have far more ship specific builds.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles

I'm working on getting more if my T6 captains to 10 points and T8 captains to 14pts or more. I think that CE really makes a difference at T6 plus for CL/CAs and DDs.

[TBW]
Members
9,769 posts
16,555 battles

I have over 140 captains, The good ones are usually in the ships that I am currently grinding and in tier 10's. If I run tech tree ships other than those, it is usually a level 6 or under captain in it. Lots of level 3 captains. Knowing the ship and tactics helps, but a 19 point captain helps even more.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,270 posts
13,838 battles

That thump you just heard was Lert fainting.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,829 posts
11,232 battles

Always better to add to ships abilities, but seeing as there's too much IFHE everywhere may just have to default to survival between raw alpha damage and freaking fires. Even if my repair fixes one of the three fires an enemy ship is setting (not two ships, not five ships, one ship) everyone seems to have forgotten all the pen damage HE does now stacks up and only 50% of that can be fixed.

Also learned the hard way last December that if it's December 7th - do not put Yamamoto in the Nagato - guaranteed losses,. won all but one match the day before, won all the next day - 10 straight losses just for that ship and commander that day.