Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MysticalShip

Resolution Scaling Slider

6 comments in this topic

[NTFS]
Members
58 posts
13,867 battles

I was thinking that a Resolution Scale slider for World of Warships would be good to give more performance to users with a limited computer such as mine.

Instead of the resolution being at 100 percent always like it is now a slider would all users to go for say 90 percent resolution to give a few more frames per second beyond the low detail settings.

I have tested this resolution scale slider in world of tanks and it actually gives me a little bit of a fps boost when i do this.

My current system is a a10-9620 amd laptop with a radeon r5 integrated graphics and 8 gigs of ddr4 ram.

Having the slider would give more frames per second at a better rate per second.

Thank you very much and smooth sailing out there :).

[NWNG]
Members
3,070 posts
4,925 battles

Resolution change won't give you more FPS. It is your graphical settings that do.

800x600 Resolution, with low graphical settings, will give the same FPS as 1280x720 resolution with the same graphical settings.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,608 posts
8,562 battles
8 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Resolution change won't give you more FPS. It is your graphical settings that do.

800x600 Resolution, with low graphical settings, will give the same FPS as 1280x720 resolution with the same graphical settings.

It depends on his pc specs. 

[NWNG]
Members
3,070 posts
4,925 battles
4 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

It depends on his pc specs.

Then lower the graphic settings. Touching the resolution won't change anything.

If he is having FPS issues, then his graphic settings are too high. Lower those, resolution is fine.

[PVE]
Beta Testers
326 posts
4,169 battles

He on a laptop with a intergrated graphics card... i am wondering if that card is sharing the on board ram.  I also had a laptop for playing this game when i am away from my desktop. My is a MSI GT83VR with a GTX 1070 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,608 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Then lower the graphic settings. Touching the resolution won't change anything.

If he is having FPS issues, then his graphic settings are too high. Lower those, resolution is fine.

It depends on his pc specs. GPU dependency or not, if a persons cpu is outdated enough it still has a negative impact. 

Sign in to follow this