Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

How to play Saint Louis(tier 9)

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,811 battles

Hi all I am finding myself playing the saint Louis poorly and I want to improve my performance in it. I find riding behind teammates as how I rack up the most damage. I have heard ifhe on her improved the damage output any truth to this? I am trying to grind my way to Henri 4 any tips on the tier 10 would also be appreciated I am most used to The Atago style of cruiser if that makes sense. I have a goal of getting 10 tier 10’s by the wows anniversary. Right now 7/10 hopefully I get there.

[TBW]
Members
6,977 posts
12,911 battles
59 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I have a goal of getting 10 tier 10’s by the wows anniversary. Right now 7/10 hopefully I get there.

Going for the loot eh, I wish they would give something for how many ships you have in port. I only have 5 tier 10's Purchased at the moment. I am currently grinding eight tier 9's, three tier 8's and one tier 7. I have 228 Battle ready ships in port. I wish that WG would give you your choice of 1,000,000 credits for every ship in port, or 500XP for every ship in port. At least something to show appreciation. It is a lot easier to have every tier 10 ship, than it is to have 228 of them, let me tell ya! I quit working on the CV's, due to the fact that you have to figure it all out on your own pretty much. I'll get them after the rework. I think WG should give some love for other things besides tier 10's though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,806 posts
10,553 battles

IFHE won't help any 8" gun ship. It has marginal gain (NOT worth 4 pts though) for the Henri as it allows you to pen 50mm armor on a very few ships like Khab. If your captain already has it, you probably need to retrain him.

[KRAK]
Members
940 posts
11,463 battles

I don't set many fires (once per 20 HE shells landed) and I have DE. I average about 15K damage per game. In 20 games I have sunk 3 ships. AP seems to do nothing to everything also. Dallas will set fires w/o IFHE, but what is wrong with Louis in this area ?

Edited by Ericson38

Sign in to follow this