Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

More Haida tales... a secondary surprise...

15 comments in this topic

Members
1,366 posts
16,648 battles

My forth game in her, 2 in random 2 in co/op, the last game of the night in random. I'm knife fighting a red DD for a cap and getting the better of it with those 120mm guns when in desperation the enemy smokes up. Of course my Hydroacoustic  is ready to go so I sound him out but before I could line up the mains for a shot the 102mm secondary's steal the kill.

Seems like we need a new achievement award; something about having secondary kills in all four classes of ships. If you're a brawler like I am you almost expect those kind of kills in a BB or CA. It's not even unknown for a CV to get a secondary kill. Now though I can expect even the unexpected.

I wonder if any of the super testers have had similar experiences with those 102s. They'ed have dozens if not hundreds of games in her for a much bigger sample size than mine. All I know is that I'm pleased with the 102s; they aren't just teats on a boar hog.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
22,561 battles
3 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

My forth game in her, 2 in random 2 in co/op, the last game of the night in random. I'm knife fighting a red DD for a cap and getting the better of it with those 120mm guns when in desperation the enemy smokes up. Of course my Hydroacoustic  is ready to go so I sound him out but before I could line up the mains for a shot the 102mm secondary's steal the kill.

Seems like we need a new achievement award; something about having secondary kills in all four classes of ships. If you're a brawler like I am you almost expect those kind of kills in a BB or CA. It's not even unknown for a CV to get a secondary kill. Now though I can expect even the unexpected.

I wonder if any of the super testers have had similar experiences with those 102s. They'ed have dozens if not hundreds of games in her for a much bigger sample size than mine. All I know is that I'm pleased with the 102s; they aren't just teats on a boar hog.

I haven't gotten a CQ exp yet and I mean yet. I did 2380 damage with that gun on a DD yesterday and was telling all my clan mates how my goal is to get a CQE in Haida.

Nice work!

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
3 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Seems like we need a new achievement award; something about having secondary kills in all four classes of ships.

It would only be fair if there were a tech-tree destroyer with secondary guns, otherwise it's behind a paywall. Right now my memory does not serve me well and I'm not sure there are any tech tree destroyers with secondaries.

[KIA-A]
Members
2,283 posts
13,556 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It would only be fair if there were a tech-tree destroyer with secondary guns, otherwise it's behind a paywall. Right now my memory does not serve me well and I'm not sure there are any tech tree destroyers with secondaries.

There are 2.  Kiev and Umikaze. I have 2 with Kiev, myself (quite long ranged, that secondary turret, actually, at 5km). Umikaze you need A-hull, though.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

There are 2.  Kiev and Umikaze.

Many thanks for clearing that up.

Funny I never noticed them; then again, the Umikaze was one of the very first destroyers I ground through (and then I forgot the Japanese line for an age).

[KIA-A]
Members
2,283 posts
13,556 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Many thanks for clearing that up.

Funny I never noticed them; then again, the Umikaze was one of the very first destroyers I ground through (and then I forgot the Japanese line for an age).

To be fair, I had to be told umikaze had them, that or I saw a secondary kill in the feed and went "wha?".  

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
20 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

To be fair, I had to be told umikaze had them, that or I saw a secondary kill in the feed and went "wha?".  

You're almost daring me to repurchase her, leave the weapon systems selection on "torpedoes" and attempt to get gun kills. Except... I'll have to get a few more port slots. I had a good run of those in containers lately, but I've managed to fill them.

[KIA-A]
Members
2,283 posts
13,556 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're almost daring me to repurchase her, leave the weapon systems selection on "torpedoes" and attempt to get gun kills. Except... I'll have to get a few more port slots. I had a good run of those in containers lately, but I've managed to fill them.

Umi secondaries are as follows:
5x1 80mm (76mm shells), 2km range, 3.5s reload, 1300 HE alpha, 5% fire chance.

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
1 minute ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Umi secondaries are as follows:
5x1 80mm (76mm shells), 2km range, 3.5s reload, 1300 HE alpha, 5% fire chance.

That alone is a heavier gun complement than some of the very first turtleback destroyers. They had one or two 12-pounders (roughly 3 inch/76mm) as main armament and a handful of 6-pounders (57mm) as secondaries!

[KIA-A]
Members
2,283 posts
13,556 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That alone is a heavier gun complement than some of the very first turtleback destroyers. They had one or two 12-pounders (roughly 3 inch/76mm) as main armament and a handful of 6-pounders (57mm) as secondaries!

Let's not forget Umi's crazy 25mm belt...
shot-18.05.27_23.07.03-0400.jpg?width=76

[ARGSY]
Members
18,182 posts
12,637 battles
2 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Let's not forget Umi's crazy 25mm belt...
shot-18.05.27_23.07.03-0400.jpg?width=76

I'd have to check a book I don't have right to hand, but I'm pretty sure there were late Victorian scout cruisers of this size and armament. 

Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

Yeah I have done decent damage with the secondary turret but yet to get a kill with it. I love it. Base 3s reload at 4km with 1500 alpha. Once you take BFT and AR kicks in, it is a little pew pew gun. I run the secondary flag and if I didn’t have the hydro/smoke upgrades I’d be tempted to run secondary upgrades. Would take AFT if I didn’t need CE and IFHE. Fun little ship though.

Edited by Belyy_Klyk

[BAND]
Beta Testers
35 posts
14,062 battles

This ship is utter trash i Play dd's its what i do but this is SH!T yea you can force it to work but its garbage so disappointing 

• Meh 1

[LOU1]
Members
4,092 posts
11,348 battles

First battle in Haida (in PvE).  6 secondary hits.  I am a Perth driver and only fired one torp at her to trip DC expecting to set a fire or place another fish afterwards:

TkT1Set.jpg

Sign in to follow this