You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Pink requirements - have they been adjusted?

14 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,384 posts

Today was trying to help a DD in a fight against another dd... I'd already fired one salvo for sure, perhaps two, so it was no surprise I was firing on the Gearing from my Montana. Hit it too... So just as I fire my next salvo the friendly DD goes all bot and tries to ram the Gearing. Totally unneeded, uncalled for and... surprise... he drives in front of my rounds. 

I hit him with one, maybe two shell (AP)? Bang. I'm pink. Now I will say in the past couple of weeks folks have been cutting across my paths, running into me and grinding the poo doo out of my ships. A few weeks back I had a pink action (2 to 3 weeks not sure). But I do admit I am surprised I went pink for the damage done to the dd. 

I'm looking at the after battle results - I did all of 2700 damage to him. Received 2 warnings, take it that means 2 battles to scrub it? 

Seems a rather strict enforcement. But I have to say - I cannot recall the last time I ever hit someone with a round and went pink. (If you know tell me!) So now I've pledged to not help another DD under attack, because they can drive into my rounds, just like they can drive into torpedoes, while my rounds are in the air.

I cannot control dispersion, only the firing of the guns. So nope, not gonna do it. I don't like pink. 

I'd also like to ask/suggest some reconsideration as to ally damage for scraping actions. It's almost (like 95% of the time) someone running into me in my BB as they stay tunnel visioned in their scope. Sounding the horn is useless as (I suspect) most players have disabled the horn. Still I do and still the run into me. In the scheme of things pink, this is perhaps the weakest part of it.

So - two match penance for one or two AP round hitting a friendly DD. Wish when they hit the red dds they'd do that much damage! 

• Meh 3

[H-WS]
Members
360 posts
5,769 battles

Well, I do know that my brother logged in for the first time in 4 months the other day and was locked in coop for 13 battles, joined a coop match, then CTD so he quit for good recently.  My dad also logged off one night and got on the next day to find a 3 battle pink penalty (we were in a div and all battles were over when he logged off). So yeah, not a fan of the new system.  The old one worked just fine if you ask me (not punishing AFK/leaving early) and I have yet to see any decrease in AFK players

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

So many players are pink now I have concluded this is the new color for ships in the game.  If you are not pink, just a regular color, you have done something naughty. :Smile_teethhappy:

In all seriousness I am hardly ever in a match anymore when at least 1 player is pink and often several more. 

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

yes they definitely have. I hit a friendly that was sharing a smoke a little too intimately for about 3k with cruiser guns and got pink a few weeks ago.  Basically unless I can guaranteed I will not hit with more than 1 cruiser caliber shell or a couple dd caliber shells I no longer fire in support just like torps.  If your friendlies are dumb just let them die that's what the game seems to want.

[HINON]
Members
12,842 posts

Pink is not a penalty, just a warning to be careful. Only if you go orange is it a penalty to be relegated to coop battles for a bit.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,453 posts
32 minutes ago, dmckay said:

So many players are pink now I have concluded this is the new color for ships in the game.  

I haven't played a game in weeks where there wasn't one and, sometimes, two pink players per team.

I actually think the "sentences" for team damage are lighter now than in the past if you are not habitual about it. I've been playing my Gearing, with its 16.5 km torps a lot lately. It seems that allied ships have a hard time with requests to vector away from my torpedo path, even though I call out things like "sending torps in the vicinity of I5". I've flat out sank two allied ships in the past couple weeks, and only received a two game penalty each time. Once, while pink on my second "punishment" game I inadvertently torped an ally who ran in front of me and sank myself but apparently that didn't count as I still was green again after the game.

It's funny though. Before the new rules I hadn't seen a flat-out intentional teamkill in well over a year. In the past few weeks, however, I've seen several. Just recently a BB took my DD out with a close-range salvo because he didn't like me torping the ship he had "claimed" for a kill.  

Members
2,255 posts

IMO I think TKing penalty is more lenient. Instead of getting 6-7 games being pink you get 2 and if you cannot TK again in 2 games you'er then punished more harshly. 

Edited by MorbidGamer

Members
12 posts
269 battles

I got pink yesterday after a dd cut right in front of me while shooting at a target. I think I hit him twice.   Of course was zoomed on target.

hey it happens in game and it happened in real life. 

Bring pink for a couple of battles has no real serious affects to my game.  I have no idea what is required to be forced to co-op only but I think you would have to be really careless a few times in a row.  

Members
396 posts
13,657 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I did all of 2700 damage to him.

The system might be looking at percentage of damage done. 2700 to a BB is almost nothing with a potion recoverable (heal) while 2700 to a DD is over 10% of their entire health pool.

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,851 battles

I got pink for bumping into a bunch of boats in 2 games and only 1 was my fault.. pink for 1 game, didn’t even know till I loaded in I was pink

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,384 posts

Well thanks for your feedback guys... @HMCS_DevilfishI think it must have been adjusted if bumping boats can get you pink.

@_Big_Lou_ I was pondering about that after I posted... maybe it does consider percentage of damage. Hmm... 

[B_Y_F]
Members
502 posts
11,940 battles

At least it's much better than a month ago

At May, Shimas offen kill themselves when some careless teammate run into their torpedo salvo.

[USCC]
[USCC]
Members
22 posts
17,344 battles

I did something Ive never done before the other day. I was intentionally shot at with several rounds by a teammate. Obvious disregard for well... you know. So he was already pinked but I got in front of him and made him ram me a few times. I blocked him against a mountain and shot while he couldnt except for his shooting at me, racking up the pink point higher.  LOL  I followed him ruthlessly for a spell. Got in front of his shots as often as I could as well. I never shot at him or ever went pink but I know he will remember that game.

Now I have always just let it go as I have had the same mistakes as mentioned here. Things happen and all. The intentional shots are just newbies learning I think to myself. For some reason this time really got to me and I retaliated as stated. It did feel good I must admit. I wish I had a video of it. It was hilarious.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,384 posts

If you think about it... it must have happened a great deal more than we knew about "back in the day", in order for them to implement the automated system. My only thing about the whole system is it could be far more "intelligent" by using more data from the match and specific incident to determine a party "at fault". 

I still do not like the "fact" the system charges the victim for damage against the aggressor in cases of rams and scrapings. But for now, it is what it is. 

And why a player such as the one you described above, who simply starts shooting at you, is not banned on a sequence of steps like one hour, eight hours, 24 hours, seven days, a month, six months a year and finally goneski makes no sense. The system could easily determine if a player deliberately shot and continued to shoot a fellow team player. Easily.