Captain_Slattery

WG, I am now pink for 3 games because...

18 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles

Hey, Wargaming. 

At 8am yesterday morning I hit the battle button and got greeted with a message that the server is down for maintenance. 

The message goes on to say something about transferring me to another server after the battle that I am currently in. 

I wasn't in a battle.  I was HOPING to be in one, but all I had was a spinning logo to look at. 

Exactly how long am I supposed to look at a spinning logo before calling it a day?

Nothing was happening on your end so I closed on out and headed to bed.

Today, I get home from work, sign in and am greeted with a message about how bad it is to quit out of battles and that I should feel shame.  I may be paraphrasing here. ;)

To emphasize the shame I should feel, my name is now a festive shade of pink.

The automatic penalty system is working for the most part...

Go Team Pink!

Best regards,

Slattery the Pink

• Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
15 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

And this affects your gameplay how? Do you lose credits or xp being pink?

Technically it was a match with 0 damage/payout, he assumedly was sunk and thus was charged a service fee to be unsunk/repaired. Plus the loss of any signals, temp camo, etc etc etc.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles

I don't mind being pink.  I don't mind having a loss tagged to my Colorado. I don't even mind the lost camo/signals much

What I was trying to do here was to make WG aware of an instance where the automatic penalty system didn't work out so well.

There aren't any emoticons that I know of which say "a bit tongue in cheek here".

I thought my post was "American Heart Association" approved.  You know, no salt. :)

CS

• Cool 1

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,534 posts
13,619 battles
7 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I don't mind being pink.  I don't mind having a loss tagged to my Colorado. I don't even mind the lost camo/signals much

What I was trying to do here was to make WG aware of an instance where the automatic penalty system didn't work out so well.

There aren't any emoticons that I know of which say "a bit tongue in cheek here".

I thought my post was "American Heart Association" approved.  You know, no salt. :)

CS

I agree with you 100%, OP.  It's not our fault when we get DC'd and for whatever reason can't get back into the battle before it's over.  We should not be penalized for ISP's that suck, when we're away from home and at the mercy of lower-quality ISP's.  But WG's new penalty system is flawless, it seems.

• Cool 1

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,534 posts
13,619 battles
2 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I always thought pink was for team-killing not AFK.  Was that changed?

One can turn pink by getting unintentionally disconnected from the server through no fault of your own or just deciding to quit before the battle is over.  Getting disconnected from the server should not be a penalty.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,237 posts
13,830 battles

The system was acting extremely weird yesterday. I was in a match in my Richelieu when she started sailing away from me. I had to pull the plug on my modem to get out of the game to restart it and when I came back I got the never ending spinning circle. Then I ended up signing out and back into windows so I could restart the client. Got back and there was a notification about my discipline had been ended and I hadn't been under any discipline.

[HINON]
Members
12,797 posts
1 hour ago, mohawkdriver said:

Getting disconnected from the server should not be a penalty.

Pink isn't a penalty.

[CTG80]
[CTG80]
Members
4,534 posts
13,619 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Pink isn't a penalty.

I meant you shouldn't be penalized for being involuntarily disconnected from the server through no fault of your own.

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles
5 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Pink isn't a penalty.

How about sternly worded warning?  My thoughts still stand, I think.

I got admonished because of something that was completely out of my control.  It cost me camo and signals.  It shouldn't have happened.  WG needs to know.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
398 posts
8,671 battles
55 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

How about sternly worded warning?  My thoughts still stand, I think.

I got admonished because of something that was completely out of my control.  It cost me camo and signals.  It shouldn't have happened.  WG needs to know.

they know; they don't care

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,848 battles
On 7/2/2018 at 5:26 AM, Wowzery said:

I always thought pink was for team-killing not AFK.  Was that changed?

Oh boy has it changed ... not necessarily for the better in my humble opinion 

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,793 posts
14,677 battles

"WG, I am now pink for 3 games because"

YOU SUPPORT BREAST CANCER AWARENESS

i love you already!!

• Funny 1

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, mohawkdriver said:

I meant you shouldn't be penalized for being involuntarily disconnected from the server through no fault of your own.

Anyone ever try... you know... reconnecting? I've been booted tons of times. Never got turned pink for missing a match. I've been kicked back to the log-in screen 3 times in a match, never got turned pink for AFK. You've got to actually sit out the entire game to have that thing hit you with the pink card.

Anything you do in the game will make you immune to pink as long as you don't go hiding in a corner for the majority of the game and even then I'm almost certain that all you have to do is move an inch and you're safe. I've been kicked at the start of a match only to reconnect a couple seconds before I got destroyed. I only had to fire my guns and hit something and I received no penalties for sitting out next to 8 whole minutes trying to reconnect. If you are disconnected in the middle of the battle, that's even less a problem. You wont turn pink for that one either unless you are just sitting there for most/the remainder of the match.

I honestly don't see how people have problems getting back into a 20 minute match. If/when my game freezes or crashes, I just boot it right back up and/or log in.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
2,010 posts
7,232 battles

In my case, WG booted me due to server maintenance.  0% my fault, 100% WG's fault.

I am not venting or trolling here.  I posted in the "Support" forum to let WG know of a possible issue with the automated penalty system.  That's all.

Best regards, 

CS

• Cool 1