You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Highvelocity4U

And this is exactly why CV's are the biggest problem

95 comments in this topic

[FFLY]
Members
116 posts

Just played with a guy that has over 1100 battles in the Midway with a 27% winrate in that bote. 

In his/her 5000+ battles a total 37% winrate.

I don't really care about HE spam, radar, torps or anything else really, but, a CV, IMHO, is the one guy on the team that can shift the balance extremely well.

I've never been in the "some people play just to have fun" camp. I believe any match is a competition and  you should have fun and strive to win. My crap winrate is steadily increasing because I'm actually trying to get better at the game and support the team. This person is just out there ruining people's fun.

Also, the GZ is bloody ridiculous. Faced off against two of them in the past couple of days and we got destroyed.  They weren't even matches worth playing.

However this does save me money. Every time I'm about to drop more cash into the game I think of these moments and close the wallet lol.

• Cool 19
  • Meh 12

Members
4,302 posts

Cv players are having a horrible time at the moment, what with overpowered AA cruisers everywhere, a plague of new USN CLs, the demoralizing threat of upcoming rework, the publically expressed scorn with which one Dev has treated CV supertesters, on top of the usual. Give CVs a break, don't blame them for every match you lose. And err, git gud yourself, too. Your Tier 10 WR is certainly not as bad as 27%, but it sure could improve.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 11

[VFW]
Members
1,372 posts
27,904 battles
7 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

Cv players are having a horrible time at the moment, what with overpowered AA cruisers everywhere, a plague of new USN CLs, the demoralizing threat of upcoming rework, the publically expressed scorn with which one Dev has treated CV supertesters, on top of the usual. Give CVs a break, don't blame them for every match you lose. And err, git gud yourself, too. Your Tier 10 WR is certainly not as bad as 27%, but it sure could improve.

True to your comments although I didn't see the Dev scorn you speak of...where?

vr

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
9 minutes ago, TexJapan said:

vr

Ditto not seen this.

[DENY]
Beta Testers
256 posts
12,462 battles
1 hour ago, Highvelocity4U said:

Just played with a guy that has over 1100 battles in the Midway with a 27% winrate in that bote. 

In his/her 5000+ battles a total 37% winrate.

Your winrate isn't much to brag about, maybe you shouldn't be so fast to point out someone else. 

• Cool 5
  • Meh 4

Members
2,069 posts
6,300 battles

Well here's a shock for you more people play for fun, not for Stat's.:cap_fainting:

• Cool 6
  • Meh 8

[TDRB]
Members
4,455 posts
12,611 battles

I've never been in the "some people play just to have fun" camp. I believe any match is a competition and  you should have fun and strive to win. My crap winrate is steadily increasing because I'm actually trying to get better at the game and support the team. This person is just out there ruining people's fun.

So you believe "everyone should either play the game as you think they should or quit because they are spoiling your fun?"

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

Members
150 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, DarthZeppelin said:

Stat shaming...good for you. As a leader of a clan (even one like POP) I thought you were better than this. Oh well.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 6

Members
150 posts
10 battles
1 hour ago, TexJapan said:

vr

He is just salty about how the Graf Zep went and how the laughed him out of the Discord channel when the Dev's laughed him out of the room when he demanded Graf Zep needed access to the same HP module Enterprise has.

• Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,355 posts
34,353 battles
31 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Well here's a shock for you more people play for fun, not for Stat's.:cap_fainting:

Heres a shock: theres coop for that.

Bringing your 1800 game, 35% Midway to a match is the height of selfishness. Any other bote can be carried, the CV cant.

This is why the rework will fail. WG wont address the skill disparity...

• Cool 13
  • Meh 5

[DENY]
Beta Testers
256 posts
12,462 battles
29 minutes ago, k9kid12 said:

Stat shaming...good for you. As a leader of a clan (even one like POP) I thought you were better than this. Oh well.

Nice.. forum troll account

• Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[ASHIP]
[ASHIP]
Members
74 posts
17,023 battles

To be fair a CV controls the outcome of a game more then any other ship and running into a 30% win rate CV on your team is never a good feeling. A good CV can dominate a game for his team where as a bad CV can let his team get picked off by a marginal CV.

• Cool 4

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
38 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Heres a shock: theres coop for that.

Bringing your 1800 game, 35% Midway to a match is the height of selfishness. Any other bote can be carried, the CV cant.

This is why the rework will fail. WG wont address the skill disparity...

Hello Mr salty. Try paying attention to dev posts. This issue is the single biggest reason for the cv rework according to sub_octavian.

• Meh 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,168 posts
3,967 battles

I'd hardly call this stat shaming. More likely this is evidence of Botting, or Sync-Dropping with another account to farm wins. Despite the howls of the "remove-CVs" crowd, there's a good chunk of battles where a CV can have the best game or worst game ever and still not change the outcome.

• Cool 5

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles
2 hours ago, DarthZeppelin said:

Your Tier 10 WR is certainly not as bad as 27%, but it sure could improve.

1 hour ago, k9kid12 said:

Stat shaming...good for you.

12 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I'd hardly call this stat shaming. 

Pretty much is. 

Edited by _ENO_

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
41 minutes ago, Treeodeth said:

To be fair a CV controls the outcome of a game more then any other ship and running into a 30% win rate CV on your team is never a good feeling. A good CV can dominate a game for his team where as a bad CV can let his team get picked off by a marginal CV.

And also to be fair, if your team is getting picked off by a marginal CV player in high tier, they were too bad to win a game in any conditions. High tier AA is strong, and is only getting stronger, and a marginal player isn't going to be able to cope with that and do anything more than sink some Idaho spuds.

Edited by cometguy

[TWFT]
Members
1,288 posts
35,914 battles
33 minutes ago, Treeodeth said:

This^

And a persons WR should never be used as a argument to justify silencing any captain in this game when he points out a obvious flaw in how CV's are implemented.  

I would much rather have a match without CV's then with them, but since they are here to stay then at least make it so that when I get the potato CV player on my team the other team has a player that is just as fooking bad.  Have my CV matched with a enemy CV that is not so OP that WG might as well just detonate me at the start of the match and not waist my time.

This is a surface warfare game, it should not be tipped just because one ship is such a big influence to the outcome of a battle, and CV's are to much of a tipping point at this time.

For those of you that want this game to be more realistic then we should make the CV's even more powerful and have all the fleets just be there protection and support, that would be fun.....not.

• Cool 2

[THREE]
Members
2,092 posts
10,566 battles

Cv's have been powered creep almost to the point of irrelevance. 2-3 AA spec'ed ships per match eliminates all but top players from making an impact, i.e. 65%+ WR'ers. 

On top of that, those same 65%+ WR'ers are relegated to spotting until mid game, and that can easily disrupted by Ambush AA ships that can destroy the spotting squadron before they can withdraw it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[YOHB]
Members
61 posts
1,884 battles

Pfft, the issue with CV's right now, is they are rare at tier 8+ , so you have a line of ships balanced around their AA capabilities and there is hardly ever a use for it.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,617 posts
17,354 battles

Maybe it's just the ships I play, but CVs rarely give me trouble.  I do agree that T8 and above, they can have a significant impact on play...and the win/loss.  But a certain delta between CV captains can be mitigated by good play of the other participants.

[THREE]
Members
2,092 posts
10,566 battles
1 minute ago, Faygo_Redpop said:

Pfft, the issue with CV's right now, is they are rare at tier 8+ , so you have a line of ships balanced around their AA capabilities and there is hardly ever a use for it.

Power creep, the toxic community, and skill disparity are the three biggest barriers to increasing CV numbers at that tier. Toxic community is probably the biggest issue. I once had a teammate go on a racist rant against our CV cause he couldn't kill a AA spec'ed Neptune that had positioned in the middle between BC caps, locking him out... 

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles

There skill floor and ceiling in CV's seems to be much higher than other classes. A great CV player almost guarantees you a win, a poor CV play almost always guarantees you a loss. 

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
18 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Power creep, the toxic community, and skill disparity are the three biggest barriers to increasing CV numbers at that tier. Toxic community is probably the biggest issue. I once had a teammate go on a racist rant against our CV cause he couldn't kill a AA spec'ed Neptune that had positioned in the middle between BC caps, locking him out... 

I had the same thing, the guy on my team went on a rampage calling our CV a Jew-CV for not doing what he wanted. It is rare I have reported teammates.

• Cool 1