Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Komrade_Rylo

Massachusetts is incredibly fun.

106 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,102
[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,425 battles

I've gotta say when I first say massach and it's stats I thought it was going to be a pile of hot garbage compared to Alabama, but the 2 ships are pretty comparabls, except Massachusetts is far more fun to play. I think her biggest advantage is her heal only takes 40 seconds to come back, so for around 6 odd minutes you are completely invulne to fire, which is fantastic, plus you have secondaries that dish out some serious pain. I absolutely adore the ship and she's a lot of fun to play, but doesn't pack the same effective alpha punch as NC or Alabama. Probably my favorite ship at the moment alongside Worcester.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[WOLFG]
Beta Testers
4,294 posts

The Massachussetts takes all the things I really liked about the Gascogne and strapped them on an Alabama, it's an amazingly fun ship.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
8 minutes ago, Navcab4422 said:

Which is recommended between the Mass and the Tirpitz?

Massachusetts.   I might never play my Tirpitz again.

Shhhhhh quiet though guys.   There was a whole crowd of people on here that said Massachusetts could never work.  I don’t want them getting any bright ideas about buying her.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,417
[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,603 posts
17,325 battles
2 hours ago, dad003 said:

Mass division is even funnier

An OPG mass division is even funnier...even when you're on the opposing team.  Me last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
381 posts
7,965 battles

Definitely my new favorite ship. The heal and fast turret traverse make it a good brawler and the secondary build just never gets old. I don't even have the manual secondary skill yet and I'm still getting 30,000 - 40,000 secondary damage regularly not including the fire damage they cause. It really is the most fun I've had in a ship in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,235
[RKLES]
Members
12,210 posts
13,844 battles
3 hours ago, Komrade_Rylo said:

I've gotta say when I first say massach and it's stats I thought it was going to be a pile of hot garbage compared to Alabama, but the 2 ships are pretty comparabls, except Massachusetts is far more fun to play. I think her biggest advantage is her heal only takes 40 seconds to come back, so for around 6 odd minutes you are completely invulne to fire, which is fantastic, plus you have secondaries that dish out some serious pain. I absolutely adore the ship and she's a lot of fun to play, but doesn't pack the same effective alpha punch as NC or Alabama. Probably my favorite ship at the moment alongside Worcester.

Happy to hear everyone is having a good time with a Massachusetts, it’s a very nice ship. I smile when I see one in game because reminds me of how I use to live up in that area. Acquired quite the fun accent because of my spending my early years there. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SEALZ]
Members
738 posts
7,750 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Massachusetts.   I might never play my Tirpitz again.

Shhhhhh quiet though guys.   There was a whole crowd of people on here that said Massachusetts could never work.  I don’t want them getting any bright ideas about buying her.

Gotta love the doubters who just look at the slightly worse dispersion and don’t take into account how effective secondaries are. But hey doesn’t matter to me, I’ll just keep shredding cruisers that get within 9 km of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
149 posts
8,066 battles

Really enjoying mine.

Big week for me.  I grew up in Worcester, MA and was able to grab both ships within a few days of each other.  And both are tons of fun as well.  Both have their good and bad from a gameplay perspective, but they're undeniably a great time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
4 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Gotta love the doubters who just look at the slightly worse dispersion and don’t take into account how effective secondaries are. But hey doesn’t matter to me, I’ll just keep shredding cruisers that get within 9 km of me.

I gotta be honest. . . I barely even notice the nerfed sigma.   Sure, once in a while when I'm shooting at range using the spotter plane, I'll get a salvo that completely misses, but most of the time she comes through for me.

Up close, it's completely unnoticeable.

I'm starting to think sigma might be the most overrated soft stat in the game.  Sure it makes a difference, but not as much as people think.  At least not between 1.9 and 1.7.

FYI - Notice my new 3rd tier American emblem?  That's thanks to Massachusetts and the number of top 3 finishes I've been getting this weekend.  I'll have it maxed out here in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles

She should get a special accuracy buff when the Jean Bart comes to the game and the Massachusetts is firing on her hehehehehehehe

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SEALZ]
Members
738 posts
7,750 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

I gotta be honest. . . I barely even notice the nerfed sigma.   Sure, once in a while when I'm shooting at range using the spotter plane, I'll get a salvo that completely misses, but most of the time she comes through for me.

Up close, it's completely unnoticeable.

I'm starting to think sigma might be the most overrated soft stat in the game.  Sure it makes a difference, but not as much as people think.  At least not between 1.9 and 1.7.

Pretty much, I get about as many missed salvos as I would in any other battleship. I just try to play her like a Bismarck, moving between 9-11km to let my secondaries work and to nullify the slight sigma disadvantage. Maybe people are just spoiled by Montana and Iowa dispersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles

I had a match with a Massachusetts on my team that was sniping from max range the entire game. I tried telling him that it was a brawler and he needed to be withing 10-12 km of the enemy to be effective. He never replied and continued to potato around the whole match. I pretty much guarantee we will see a thread saying the Massachusetts is trash and needs an accuracy buff. lol

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
327
[SEALZ]
Members
738 posts
7,750 battles
11 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

I had a match with a Massachusetts on my team that was sniping from max range the entire game. I tried telling him that it was a brawler and he needed to be withing 10-12 km of the enemy to be effective. He never replied and continued to potato around the whole match. I pretty much guarantee we will see a thread saying the Massachusetts is trash and needs an accuracy buff. lol

Heh and I’ll be there with everyone else refuting that point. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
229
[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
574 posts
15,563 battles

Agree with you all.  Massachusetts is actually MORE fun than playing the Derzki...and I never thought I'd say that about any ship. 

Thanks WG!!! (but still please let us get the Measure 22 camo)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
584
[WOLF2]
Members
1,589 posts
10,241 battles
1 hour ago, Croda said:

Really enjoying mine.

Big week for me.  I grew up in Worcester, MA and was able to grab both ships within a few days of each other.  And both are tons of fun as well.  Both have their good and bad from a gameplay perspective, but they're undeniably a great time.

I was stationed at Fort Devens 87-89, and can remember the laughs as this Texan kept calling it "wor-chester".     Great times in MA.     Glad you're enjoying the ships.   I'm still on the fence with buying the MA.   We'll see...

Edited by DiddleDum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[STW]
Members
831 posts
7,007 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

I had a match with a Massachusetts on my team that was sniping from max range the entire game. I tried telling him that it was a brawler and he needed to be withing 10-12 km of the enemy to be effective. He never replied and continued to potato around the whole match. I pretty much guarantee we will see a thread saying the Massachusetts is trash and needs an accuracy buff. lol

I saw a bunch of Mass players doing this, or yolo'ing in immediately at the very beginning of the match trying to get secondaries going and just getting focused down.  I got the captain worked up to 19 in mine on Sunday and I honestly think the combination of its guns + secondaries makes it stronger than either the Tirpitz  or Bismarck, just without the yolo ability the Tirpitz has.  Had a magical game where I was top tier and got to let the IFHE secondaries eat some T6 battleships, and even got a Dev Strike in another on a Worcester from 16km and got some whine in the chat about how I must be doing favors for RNGesus.

I found my accuracy in it to be about on par with the Alabama, just with different styles and engagement ranges.

Edited by Deviathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
547
[BS]
Members
1,967 posts
10,382 battles

Do you guys think the Mass will be in the shop for a long time? Hmm, might be a christmas crate ship for me if it isn't. I already spent like 90$ this month, I can't bring myself to spend even more money. The old lady will strangle me, heh.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
16 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I saw a bunch of Mass players doing this, or yolo'ing in immediately at the very beginning of the match trying to get secondaries going and just getting focused down.  I got the captain worked up to 19 in mine on Sunday and I honestly think the combination of its guns + secondaries makes it stronger than either the Tirpitz  or Bismarck, just without the yolo ability the Tirpitz has.  Had a magical game where I was top tier and got to let the IFHE secondaries eat some T6 battleships, and even got a Dev Strike in another on a Worcester from 16km and got some whine in the chat about how I must be doing favors for RNGesus.

I found my accuracy in it to be about on par with the Alabama, just with different styles and engagement ranges.

I am trying to buy her now, can you help me out with a Massachusetts specific build?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
323 posts

love the mass.  I swapped out BFT for Superintendent.   the heal is glorious and helps offset a lot of the fire spam you deal with.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×