You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

35 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,734 posts
21,299 battles

Hi

So those of us that played when the server went down lost quite a bit not to mention that it spoiled what was suppose to be a great day for our Canada comrades and Haida fans in general and the best WG can come up with is 3 hours of 100% experience thrilling and bravo WG I say, only problem with it some of us couldn't take advantage of that and now its lost like all the data and the hard work that went winning matches and scoring and the achievements that may have flowed from said games and lets not talk about missions that have to be done all again.

I got Haida  and played 6 games last night won 5 only problem to that little scenario I had to keep closing the game down to get that ship and others back,  all but the first 2 Haida games is lost for good I also lost at least another 8 games mostly victories also , a fellow clan member got a Kraken in his Haida in his second game again Gone forever wonderful.

Now I was hoping that when I got on today my time that our wins/ loses and completed missions and tasks could be awarded and registered to us and was happy to lose the XP and FREE XP even captain skill credit but no such luck as it seems nothing was salvable from this disaster.

Read a post from damage control about some post battle system failure, so was this human error did the guys at Lesta push the wrong button with all the excitement of the WORLD CUP match guess we will never know.     

Edited by tm63au
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[REVY]
Members
6,456 posts
5,168 battles

Would be interesting to see how many feel that game is still interesting despite not getting any of those post-battle results/rewards.  Do the battles themselves hold up on their own?

Edited by Sventex

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,800 posts
14,737 battles

get off the work computer and back to work please! you are wasting company resource. LOL :cap_haloween:

your rant, take times to have punctuation or comma, I know it hard, it frustrated that why last night, after it happen, I went to bed and not div up. Kept me from the rant syndrome you are having right now

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,678 posts
17,072 battles
9 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Would be interesting to see how many feel that game is still interesting despite not getting any of those post-battle rewards.  Do the battles themselves hold up on their own?

I've often wondered how the game's culture would change if stat sites didn't exist for reasons like this. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[POP]
Members
2,734 posts
21,299 battles
7 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

I've often wondered how the game's culture would change if stat sites didn't exist for reasons like this. 

I would still play the game but one of the key issues with this disaster was you could not even get a screen shot of victory specially if you had a big game.

regards

• Cool 1

Members
1,678 posts
17,072 battles
5 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I would still play the game but one of the key issues with this disaster was you could not even get a screen shot of victory specially if you had a big game.

regards

I agree. I had a monster Worcester game that was a victory because of me and I have nothing to show for it. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,186 posts
4,640 battles
12 minutes ago, NotoriousRNG said:

I think the game would be better without stats. There would be less salt. This community uses stats for all the wrong reasons which are usually to bully someone else. And it does suck having losses stick over your head when your teams are just horrible. WTR doesn't reflect that and the "solo" stat doesn't reflect anything either. This isn't a solo game and the stats only reflect damage which isn't the only thing that wins games.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[POP]
Members
2,734 posts
21,299 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

I think the game would be better without stats. There would be less salt. This community uses stats for all the wrong reasons which are usually to bully someone else. And it does suck having losses stick over your head when your teams are just horrible. WTR doesn't reflect that and the "solo" stat doesn't reflect anything either. This isn't a solo game and the stats only reflect damage which isn't the only thing that wins games.

Hi

Win rate does not bother me I'm never going to be a unicom I think that's the term, but its nice to earn captain XP and events and missions and again I will say a screen shot of a great victory but last nights are all lost and now you have to start the process on missions and challenges all over again and there is no guarantee you can repeat those games again.

I understand things happen that are beyond control sometimes and server maintenance happens also but if this was human error, could they not have picked another day for maintenance or double checked for faults on the system, of all the days Canada day, Haida Day, someone had the bright idea to do maintenance, who ever it was needs to be thrown to the sharks.

regards

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,384 posts
681 battles

When did it go down? I've been on all night and haven't had so much as a hickup. 

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, ramp4ge said:

When did it go down? I've been on all night and haven't had so much as a hickup. 

Early Sunday morning. The game was up and running, but when you finished a battle, the ship stayed locked like it was still in battle. The results from that time were lost as well, which seems to be the biggest complaint.

[POP]
Members
2,734 posts
21,299 battles
14 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

you didn't get switched from server to server and didn't earn any XP or credits or anything else, you certain you were playing WOWS :Smile_Default:  

Members
1,707 posts
10,666 battles

i was lucky enough to read the forums before going on and playing.  Sadly that meant i didn't get to use the premium time i had until right before it expired. 

i would of been annoyed if i didn't get any credit for this game.

EF1838D2C6B5BE0849A9299E5E3D9D2BD2ABD36C

E06B8BF68A0B0CF0A6AA0B67F5BE9F51749BBFE3

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

So terrible the tragedy of a few lost games... Servers do occasionally have issues, get over it. They didn't have to give you anything so be happy with whatever small thing you got. A "disaster" would be you know if the server caught fire and wasn't available for a extended period  not whatever this blip on the system was

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, AzureTerra said:

So terrible the tragedy of a few lost games... Servers do occasionally have issues, get over it. They didn't have to give you anything so be happy with whatever small thing you got.

It was a +100% first win bonus and a +100% bonus for a number of hours.

[RKLES]
Members
12,246 posts
13,897 battles

Lol predicted disaster when Wargaming asked for 20,000 players to be online. At least they likely know now that need need better servers lol.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol predicted disaster when Wargaming asked for 20,000 players to be online. At least they likely know now that need need better servers lol.

+1 for calling it Thrawn, I saw your post! 

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,557 posts
33,722 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I doubt that was the reason.

In any case we made 18,000 and will get loot soon.

I know there was a sigh of relief at WG HQ when they saw they will not have to ship 20,000+ Super Containers!

As per the glitch. forgotten already. Yes, stuff happens. I lost a winning battle damage and prizes or two. So be it.

[O_O]
Members
6,228 posts
14,412 battles

The relatively short server glitch is worthy of "disaster" status?  I don't think so.  I have seen the aftermath of the Joplin tornado, and the floods of '93 and '95 firsthand.  People dead, property destroyed, lives wrecked.  Those are "disasters".

The game hiccuped.  You are mad about it.  I get it.  Crap happens.  I DON'T believe WG OWES you anything in compensation for your lost video game time.  If the power goes out and all the contents of my freezer and refrigerator spoil, the power company sure as heck doesn't reimburse me for it.

[POP]
Members
992 posts
13,778 battles

Well, its not just the issue of a few good games lost.

There's the XP from those games and the lost signals.

Most of us were not able to take advantage of the "bonus" 3 hours of XP offered as compensation.

Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

A few hours or “downtime” is nothing to complain about after the fact. Something broke and they fixed it. It happens every now and then. I don’t expect to get anything from it simply because it was so limited time wise and number of people affected.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
3,513 battles

Because of real world things that needed tended to I only had about a 3-4 hour window of sunday morning to play this weekend. 

My intention was to finish off the retraining of one captain and finish the two Indianapolis missions for the weekend.

I'll have to replay a match or two in my Fujin for the captain training, which is no problem at all. 

The part that got me was losing out on the missions. I had already missed out on 3. One to bad luck and 2 to being unable to play for a few days after a surgury.

Pretty sure losing out on those two missions will end up costing me a shot at the Indy, not to mention the potential contents of those containers.

Thats my beef with it.

First world problems though for sure.

[NBNG]
Members
403 posts
9,472 battles
6 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

So those of us that played when the server went down lost quite a bit not to mention that it spoiled what was suppose to be a great day for our Canada comrades and Haida fans in general and the best WG can come up with is 3 hours of 100% experience thrilling and bravo WG I say, only problem with it some of us couldn't take advantage of that and now its lost like all the data and the hard work that went winning matches and scoring and the achievements that may have flowed from said games and lets not talk about missions that have to be done all again.

I got Haida  and played 6 games last night won 5 only problem to that little scenario I had to keep closing the game down to get that ship and others back,  all but the first 2 Haida games is lost for good I also lost at least another 8 games mostly victories also , a fellow clan member got a Kraken in his Haida in his second game again Gone forever wonderful.

Now I was hoping that when I got on today my time that our wins/ loses and completed missions and tasks could be awarded and registered to us and was happy to lose the XP and FREE XP even captain skill credit but no such luck as it seems nothing was salvable from this disaster.

Read a post from damage control about some post battle system failure, so was this human error did the guys at Lesta push the wrong button with all the excitement of the WORLD CUP match guess we will never know.     

Was happening to me yesterday. Went for a nice ride in the country with family. Weekend play sucks anyway. 

[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts

Annoying to be sure but nothing like the disaster that happened when eve had a patch that deleted the boot sector of the hard drive preventing you from starting your PC up. 

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles

I'm having missions disappear without completing them, so I think something is wrong. The get 1700 base damage for the Indy mission disappeared on Friday for me but was back on Saturday. Last night the new daily mission chain disappeared for me on the earn 1300 base exp and didn't return. I'll see if it's back today at server reset.

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts
3,513 battles
6 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

I'm having missions disappear without completing them, so I think something is wrong. The get 1700 base damage for the Indy mission disappeared on Friday for me but was back on Saturday. Last night the new daily mission chain disappeared for me on the earn 1300 base exp and didn't return. I'll see if it's back today at server reset.

That sucks. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.