You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper

"Haida is a gunbote," they said

17 comments in this topic

Members
2,136 posts
5,632 battles

When MM doesn't give you a battle with a DD that you can bully and you have to go bully other ships. Time for torpedobote Haida and a single quad torpedo launcher.

shot-18_07.01_23_35.02-0037.thumb.jpg.f58198abdb6206f218664d950af696f3.jpgshot-18_07.01_23_35.06-0768.thumb.jpg.1487ac4043c2c7b84748e6080931dab9.jpgshot-18_07.01_23_35.09-0150.thumb.jpg.c0f7da743b0b97941217d5a1ae63ccb5.jpg

Remember kids, don't rush the middle in Two Brothers.

Yes, and I did solo cap the enemy base at the end.

@LittleWhiteMouse :cap_haloween:

Edited by Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper
  • Cool 8
  • Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
15,650 posts
12,778 battles

the torps reload fast enough to launch them twice in one smoke, that's for sure.

[HINON]
Members
12,788 posts

Ah yeah that was a crazy battle, we won by him capping with about 15 seconds left on the counter and they were up on points.

[PVE]
Members
4,975 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

Yes, and I did solo cap the enemy base at the end.

Nice battle.

48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Ah yeah that was a crazy battle, we won by him capping with about 15 seconds left on the counter and they were up on points.

Those are the best...both of my solo warriors were won that way.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,173 posts
4,597 battles

I played a couple games in it. Not the best impression really for me. Second game got det from another DD flinging HE. If you have to run det flags just to trade HE with another DD, there are better DD's as options.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
24,197 posts
24,546 battles
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I played a couple games in it. Not the best impression really for me. Second game got det from another DD flinging HE. If you have to run det flags just to trade HE with another DD, there are better DD's as options.

Getting detonated is always a risk in a DD.  At lower and mid tiers, I do not bother with det flags.  I want to farm det flags at those tiers … sorta.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,173 posts
4,597 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Getting detonated is always a risk in a DD.  At lower and mid tiers, I do not bother with det flags.  I want to farm det flags at those tiers … sorta.

Its a risk for all ships. What rubs wrong is that it was HE and another DD. I can accept being blapped by a BB or CA but detonated by another DD when this boat is supposed to be a gunship really feels all sorts of wrong. I'm even running the 70% reduction to magazine detonation. in two games one being a det leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. Almost all IJN DD's of the same tier are superior so this POS will just end up a port queen.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles
50 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Its a risk for all ships. What rubs wrong is that it was HE and another DD. I can accept being blapped by a BB or CA but detonated by another DD when this boat is supposed to be a gunship really feels all sorts of wrong. I'm even running the 70% reduction to magazine detonation. in two games one being a det leaves a bad taste in ones mouth. Almost all IJN DD's of the same tier are superior so this POS will just end up a port queen.

You just had bad luck... Overall none of the IJN DDs are superior over the Haida...

Better start playing again ;)

OT: good job, OP (:

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,173 posts
4,597 battles
Just now, LemonadeWarrior said:

You just had bad luck... Overall none of the IJN DDs are superior over the Haida...

You think that this thing is better than Akatsuki? I dunno there. To each their own :P

• Cool 1

[TNG]
Members
93 posts
11,278 battles
2 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

OT: good job, OP (:

Haida's armor gets shredded by Yugumo guns in a 1v1 DD gunfight.

I was in a Yugumo gun fighting a Haida while it was doing the smoke stream thing and was surprised by how I kept dealing 2k+ damage to the ship every time it peaked out of the smoke bubble before a new one appeared. I basically just gunned it down this way even when it tried to return fire.

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles
27 minutes ago, hyuuu said:

I was in a Yugumo gun fighting a Haida while it was doing the smoke stream thing and was surprised by how I kept dealing 2k+ damage to the ship every time it peaked out of the smoke bubble before a new one appeared. I basically just gunned it down this way even when it tried to return fire.

That sounds like incompetence of the Haida player lolz.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
4 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

So normal DD vs DD stuff happened, Shock, Horror, Surprise, e.t.c.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,551 posts
33,672 battles
59 minutes ago, hyuuu said:

You are comparing different tiers. Duh.

This also sounds like Haida driver's fault. I would have skedaddled if I got in that situation; (yes I do have both Haida and Yugumo and I a a DD main so I know how to handle them).

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,038 posts
7,946 battles
4 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Just wait until an Akizuki finds the Haida xD

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,497 posts
14,046 battles

I have had a less distinguished torpedoboat moment and here's a warning.

Get into smoke, Scharnhorst comes around a corner 4km away. Bring up the torpedo launcher.

Fire one fish.

Loader starts reloading...

Single fish hits Scharnhorst plumb in the middle.

I'd somehow fired 3 fish rather than 4 on my last go and had been carting around a single torpedo for about 3 minutes!

Remember kids, fully discharge your torpedo tubes!