You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stormie1126

Did they add a new victory condition/battles ending early?

6 comments in this topic

Members
280 posts
3,025 battles

So lately I've been noticing some battles that are ending before the point counter gets to 1000/enemy/home base gets captured/and/or before all ships are destroyed-both victories and losses, where I'm not dead (so it's not a case of people rage quitting; in other words when it's a defeat, but I'm one of the last ones on the map, I'm still playing and haven't quit but the battle ends anyway, the counter's not at 1000 and if it's a home point vs enemy point battle the points still belong to their respective teams).

Is there a new victory condition I missed, or...? Cuz it seems like the game is just going 'eh, welp, one team is doing so horribly it's obvious who will win so I'll just grant them an early victory'....except it doesn't happen EVERY time one team is a potato.

Example- My last battle was one with a cyclone, it ended about 30 seconds after the storm started (which would make no sense for the timers to work that way), and I made sure to check the point counter as the game brought up the victory screen-it was at 759. I had also just looked at the map before the match ended and we hadn't capped the enemy base yet, and there were still 3 enemy ships on the map.

Members
280 posts
3,025 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

The enemy points probably hit zero. 

.....Did nooooot even consider that possibility XD I'd literally never seen it happen in the year-ish I've been playing till this week, then suddenly like 15% of my battles end up as described. Thanks lol.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Members
302 posts
7,494 battles

Yep, the mercy rule of this game is applied a team failed to push any capture points and/or died so fast that the counter reaches 0. That's the only time the game ends early. Rare enough.

Members
3,531 posts
21,318 battles

What you describe is a fairly common occurrence. Once a team loses all it's points the game ends immediately.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,590 posts
4,602 battles

There's another case.  If you're in a low-population Co-op game and all the human players leave (usually because they're dead) the game ends immediately in a Draw.

I guess it's to save the servers from having to run a bot-on-bot battle.