You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmb47

SINCERE REQUEST

13 comments in this topic

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
130 posts
14,331 battles

DEAR WOWS:

When you break the game, would it be too much to ask to put the information ON THE LOG IN PAGE instead of only, maybe, occasionally, burying it in the Forums, if you even acknowledge you caused a problem to start with?

I wasted almost an hour this morning when you KNEW there was a problem before finding a reference to it in the Forums, in response to a player initiated thread.....

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
204 posts
8,665 battles

Lesson learned. Whenever I have a problem with the game, the first place I check is right here. There are so many good and knowledgeable folks here, that my questions are always answered.  There are posts about the most recent problem and how to fix it, like this mornings PSA about the servers being down.

Edited by JBR40
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6,722 posts
12,789 battles

At SAC Headquarters, in the 1980s..  after all the 'false alarm' scares, they developed a SYSTEM CONFIDENCE LEVEL for each of the incoming sensor systems.

BMEWS 1,2,3

Pave Paws East 1/2, West 1/2/3

and various other incoming sensor systems.

Would be nice to see such a SERVER CONFIDENCE LEVEL listed at log-in.

[SALVO]
Members
24,198 posts
24,546 battles
2 hours ago, dmb47 said:

DEAR WOWS:

When you break the game, would it be too much to ask to put the information ON THE LOG IN PAGE instead of only, maybe, occasionally, burying it in the Forums, if you even acknowledge you caused a problem to start with?

I wasted almost an hour this morning when you KNEW there was a problem before finding a reference to it in the Forums, in response to a player initiated thread.....

You have to remember that it takes time for the WG personnel to even realize that there's a problem.  Add to that the fact that this was a Sunday, so there were probably fewer people around to notice and deal with the problem.

It's not realistic to expect that there will be a notice of a problem the instant the problem occurs.  It takes time for the right personnel to either notice a problem on their own or to be notified of the problem.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
2 hours ago, dmb47 said:

DEAR WOWS:

2 hours ago, JBR40 said:

Lesson learned. Whenever I have a problem with the game, the first place I check is right here. There are so many good and knowledgeable folks here, that my questions are always answered.  There are posts about the most recent problem and how to fix it, like this mornings PSA about the servers being down.

I agree JBR40, when a problem appears in game, a lot of people will come here to see if others are having the same problem. Some times the problem a person may be having is settings, computer or some other issue for that person only. Other times it is quickly determined that multiple players are having the same problem and it is server or game related. There is a dedicated player base of knowledgeable people here.

3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You have to remember that it takes time for the WG personnel to even realize that there's a problem.  Add to that the fact that this was a Sunday, so there were probably fewer people around to notice and deal with the problem.

It's not realistic to expect that there will be a notice of a problem the instant the problem occurs.  It takes time for the right personnel to either notice a problem on their own or to be notified of the problem.

I agree Crucis. When multiple people have a problem in the game, the forum will likely show the issue before enough support tickets show it to be a wide spread issue. Posting on the forum is easier than posting a support ticket after all. And just because one or two people have a problem isn't a reason to jump to level 10, wake up everyone and come to the office to fix it. We are not rich people playing this game to afford that kind of response to every issue.

And not every issue that pops up on the forum is going to be a server or game issue as some are misunderstandings of the player base and get resolved on the forum.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,764 posts
11,118 battles

Almost every other major game puts notices on their client; I would support this type of change.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
7 minutes ago, KSN said:

Almost every other major game puts notices on their client; I would support this type of change.

By the time WG knew that there was a problem, the forum already had multiple threads. It is not like this forum is a third-party site. It is the official WoWs forum about the game and on the main WoWs page.

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles
55 minutes ago, KSN said:

Yeah would be nice and easy. 

1,764 posts
11,118 battles
55 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

By the time WG knew that there was a problem, the forum already had multiple threads. It is not like this forum is a third-party site. It is the official WoWs forum about the game and on the main WoWs page.

I think what the OP is getting at is a quality of life improvement; not everyone is comfortable with forums and such. It's not like it would hurt anything; but that's just my opinion.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, KSN said:

I think what the OP is getting at is a quality of life improvement; not everyone is comfortable with forums and such. It's not like it would hurt anything; but that's just my opinion.

I'm not sure how complicated it is to update the login page. If I remember correctly, I have only seen the maintenance window message on the login page and that happens on a semi-fixed schedule. WG may not be able to change the message, if it is a part of the login code. I don't know.

In any case, I'm sure that the team was focused on resolution. I know that when we had a problem with the network in my time with internet providers, the teams were focused first on resolution to minimize the down time.

This forum is an official WoWs forum, so is legitimately a valid way to get out information. I did see a message on the main WoWs page during the issue, so that was another way people were notified.

1,764 posts
11,118 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

This forum is an official WoWs forum, so is legitimately a valid way to get out information. I did see a message on the main WoWs page during the issue, so that was another way people were notified.

We're just speaking past eachother; your right, but remember not everyone that plays this game is an adult (no sarcasm intended); and soon it will be coming to console - all the more reason to improve the notification system to a server to client method, rather than players needing to come to the forums. Again just another way of going about it.

[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
11 minutes ago, KSN said:

We're just speaking past eachother; your right, but remember not everyone that plays this game is an adult (no sarcasm intended); and soon it will be coming to console - all the more reason to improve the notification system to a server to client method, rather than players needing to come to the forums. Again just another way of going about it.

True, but if coding is involved, it will take time. 

1,764 posts
11,118 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

True, but if coding is involved, it will take time. 

Agreed.