Sign in to follow this  
HobGoblin0

copy pasta

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
78 posts

Anyone else always get canned responses from in game support?

WE DON'T CARE.. episode 1

Dear HobGoblin0,

Thank you for contacting World of Warships support.

Unfortunately, due to the lack of information provided, we are unable to do a thorough investigation into the issues you have raised. In order to look into these type of claims, we require screenshots or a game replay of the particular offense.

We now have a replay function available in World of Warships and we will need a replay of the incident in question to properly review for you.

You can find instructions for how to manually enable replays and all the other relevant information for recording your World of Warships battles in this Knowledgebase Article: Enable Replays

Please note that .wowsreplay files can only be played with the same client version. Replays may not work properly with a newer version of the game client.

You should be able to directly attach .wowsreplay files to your forum posts and ticket replies through the "Attach Files" function, you will also need to place the file in a .zip.

Please be sure to give us the timestamps of the points you would like us to review.

We will await your reply.

Have a great day!

We did nothing.  We didn't even investigate.  Here's your pasta.  Have a great day!

Beta Testers
78 posts

Closed

Dear HobGoblin0,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We appreciate your report. Identifying players who degrade the quality of the game and community is an ongoing task that you've helped with.

We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this issue may have caused. Don't worry, we can help you with that.

With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures.

Due to our privacy policy, we are unable to inform you as to what actions have been taken against the player in question.

However, we assure you that violations of the game rules are met with appropriate sanctions.

To see what actions we commonly take for various offenses, please see our Frequently Asked Questions regarding Rules Violations.

We thank you for your desire to help us keep World of Warships a safe, fun, and fair environment for all who wish to participate.

Your patience and vigilance are highly appreciated.

Note the "Closed!"  You've had enough carbs for today.  Here's all the pasta you can handle!  But seriously, we've still not done even the littlest bit of anything!  Have a great day!

Beta Testers
78 posts

Their investigation ended 34 minutes after I sent my ticket back in!  You know there's some quality "investigating" going on in 34 minutes.

flag-on-the-post-this-is-some-bullshit.jpg

[JMMAF]
Members
1,934 posts
6,619 battles
3 minutes ago, HobGoblin0 said:

Their investigation ended 34 minutes after I sent my ticket back in!  You know there's some quality "investigating" going on in 34 minutes.

dear hob,

you got response/closure within an hour, so you can move on, continue to play the game happily, or find another.

if they thoroughly considered exceptions every time they received a ticket that was just outside the norm, they would have had to hire a full time support person just to deal with my tickets early this year.

I am legally blind in my dominant eye, with varying vision in my other eye, depending on stress, work, and weather. I was not able to effectively figure out which direction, speed or turns the target was on, continuing, or changing without maximizing the minimap, which took a long time, as I had to locate, and re-aim each time I returned to the battle screen. while I may have had a legit excuse/reason, even if they did take action on my requests, that would have opened an enormous can of worms for them. they would have had to spend more time on customer care than developing stuff people will buy.

don't think it's fair to say WG does not care, you have a skewed concept of what they care about.

spud.

• Cool 7

[STURM]
Members
667 posts
5,453 battles
1 hour ago, HobGoblin0 said:

We did nothing.  We didn't even investigate.  Here's your pasta.  Have a great day!

What more did you expect them to do? If this was for a bug or glitch or the like, they can't isolate the cause or even make a good guess without a replay. Heck, depending on what the ticket was about, there might not even have been a glitch, just an edge case of normal gameplay.

1 hour ago, HobGoblin0 said:

Note the "Closed!"  You've had enough carbs for today.  Here's all the pasta you can handle!  But seriously, we've still not done even the littlest bit of anything!  Have a great day!

And in this one, they outright said they handled it, but because of the privacy policy, they cannot tell you what they did. This isn't them giving you the runaround for no reason, if they violate their own privacy policy, they can get in legal trouble.

Beta Testers
78 posts
10 minutes ago, Baskerville77 said:

What more did you expect them to do? If this was for a bug or glitch or the like, they can't isolate the cause or even make a good guess without a replay. Heck, depending on what the ticket was about, there might not even have been a glitch, just an edge case of normal gameplay.

And in this one, they outright said they handled it, but because of the privacy policy, they cannot tell you what they did. This isn't them giving you the runaround for no reason, if they violate their own privacy policy, they can get in legal trouble.

You don't get in "legal" trouble for violating your policy.  It is YOUR policy.  There was no replay required.  If they give me a copy and paste in <an hour then the truth is they did nothing.  Is expecting honesty unrealistic?  crap, at least take a couple of hours so it sounds legit.  I'm offended that they aren't going to do anything, and they aren't even going to make it seem like maybe they did something.

Beta Testers
78 posts
59 minutes ago, Spud_butt said:

don't think it's fair to say WG does not care, you have a skewed concept of what they care about.

I spend money on this game.  The community in tanks is such crapthat I don't play/spend money on it anymore.  My complaint was related to the community in ships and some very specific bad individuals.  Ergo, eventually my money spending in ship and that is 100% what they care about.

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles

And what, exactly, did you submit a ticket about?

Also, you shoud submit a replay or at least screenshots or else they don't have anything to work with, so it could be that a canned response is all they can do.

Beta Testers
78 posts
10 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Also, you shoud submit a replay or at least screenshots or else they don't have anything to work with, so it could be that a canned response is all they can do.

Here's the canned response you get when you do submit a screenshot.  Been down that road too.

Hi HobGoblin0,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this issue may have caused. Don't worry, we can help you with that.

With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures. Due to our privacy policy, we are unable to inform you as to what actions have been taken against the player(s) in question. However, we assure you that violations of the game rules are met with appropriate sanctions. To see what actions we commonly take for various offenses, please see our Frequently Asked Questions regarding Rules Violations.

We look forward on seeing you in the battlefield.

May the tides be in your favor!

Tell me honestly that isn't a canned response.

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles
14 minutes ago, HobGoblin0 said:

Here's the canned response you get when you do submit a screenshot.  Been down that road too.

Tell me honestly that isn't a canned response.

This is a canned response. I never said that it wasn't. What I was saying is that if maybe you included replays or screenshots (did you?) they might have been able to formulate a response that isn't copy/paste, because you would have given them something to work with.

(by the way, it is to the best of my knowledge that if they do something they won't tell you what exactly they did, just that "appropriate actions have been taken")

EDIT

That canned response means that they did stuff (probably chatbanned/oranged the offenders and they're just not allowed to tell you

Edited by warpath_33

Beta Testers
78 posts

That's the point.  I submit a ticket.  I get canned answer.  I submit screenshots, I get canned answer.  I resubmit a ticket, I get canned answer.  Is there some point where you get a human response?  Has anyone gotten a response that they're sure was not?

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles
2 minutes ago, HobGoblin0 said:

That's the point.  I submit a ticket.  I get canned answer.  I submit screenshots, I get canned answer.  I resubmit a ticket, I get canned answer.  Is there some point where you get a human response?  Has anyone gotten a response that they're sure was not?

I've updated my response. Basically, support isn't allowed to tell you what they did to the offenders, only that they did something. Since there is no need to submit an actual human response to tell someone "Hey, we know and we did something", you get a canned response so that support has more time to deal with issues that do require a real response (like tech support).

Edited by warpath_33

[LOU1]
Members
4,092 posts
11,348 battles

It sure seems that you submitted a ticket concerning the actions of another player.  If that is the case, you will not be told what happened as a result of your ticket.  Keep in mind that the majority of customer service departments prefer canned responses for many service requests to allow for consistency.  With tickets I have submitted, I have to get through the first level or two of standard responses to get to a specialized person  if it is an out of the ordinary request.  This is the same thing I have to do with the cable, phone, and other companies I deal with.  Reps have a script to follow in almost all cases until it gets escalated to level 2 or 3.  In one of the two technical issues I have had with WOWS, it took 4 interactions before it went to a dev.  Then that process took a couple of days per response as they worked testing  what I was discussing with what they were normally doing.

[STURM]
Members
667 posts
5,453 battles
43 minutes ago, HobGoblin0 said:

You don't get in "legal" trouble for violating your policy.  It is YOUR policy.  There was no replay required.  If they give me a copy and paste in <an hour then the truth is they did nothing.  Is expecting honesty unrealistic?  crap, at least take a couple of hours so it sounds legit.  I'm offended that they aren't going to do anything, and they aren't even going to make it seem like maybe they did something.

Okay, are you seriously mad at WarGaming for:

A: not taking the time to write you a personalize message basically saying "we can't do anything without a replay" instead of pushing the "send reply #1" button?

B: not violating their own privacy policy just for you?

C: being faster than you expected in resolving something probably already resolved by the automated systems?

Really, none of those seem reasonable on your end.

Beta Testers
78 posts
10 hours ago, Baskerville77 said:

Okay, are you seriously mad at WarGaming for:

A: not taking the time to write you a personalize message basically saying "we can't do anything without a replay" instead of pushing the "send reply #1" button?

B: not violating their own privacy policy just for you?

C: being faster than you expected in resolving something probably already resolved by the automated systems?

Really, none of those seem reasonable on your end.

I will now reply in kind about your post.

A. Didn't provide any evidence, personal experience, or logical deductions and thus does not contribute anything to the thread. 

B. Implies that you are bothered by the fact that I'm bothered by the lack of customer service at WGS

C. You hope that I care about your opinion, while at the very same time explaining why you don't care about my opinion

Hypocrasy/irony

Beta Testers
78 posts
10 hours ago, warpath_33 said:

I've updated my response. Basically, support isn't allowed to tell you what they did to the offenders, only that they did something. Since there is no need to submit an actual human response to tell someone "Hey, we know and we did something", you get a canned response so that support has more time to deal with issues that do require a real response (like tech support).

I just find it very suspect that they DID anything in 34 minutes.  My experience is that once a ticket is closed it's gone and forgotten, not something they're going to circle back and handle tomorrow morning after their coffee.  There'll be another crisis for them then.

10 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

It sure seems that you submitted a ticket concerning the actions of another player.  If that is the case, you will not be told what happened as a result of your ticket.  Keep in mind that the majority of customer service departments prefer canned responses for many service requests to allow for consistency.  With tickets I have submitted, I have to get through the first level or two of standard responses to get to a specialized person  if it is an out of the ordinary request.  This is the same thing I have to do with the cable, phone, and other companies I deal with.  Reps have a script to follow in almost all cases until it gets escalated to level 2 or 3.  In one of the two technical issues I have had with WOWS, it took 4 interactions before it went to a dev.  Then that process took a couple of days per response as they worked testing  what I was discussing with what they were normally doing.

It did.  I didn't want to go into detail because it would be too easy to derail the thread.  My irritation is with the fact that at level 2 or 3 you still get the automated out of the office auto reply.

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles
5 hours ago, HobGoblin0 said:

I just find it very suspect that they DID anything in 34 minutes.  My experience is that once a ticket is closed it's gone and forgotten, not something they're going to circle back and handle tomorrow morning after their coffee.  There'll be another crisis for them then.

Considering that "doing something" likely consists of a chat ban/orange status which shouldn't take that long, I'd think that they'd need less than 30 minutes even if you submitted a replay.

Edited by warpath_33

Sign in to follow this