You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nhf

Opinion Poll by ship type: Is WOW game play currently good or bad?

Opinion Poll: Is WOW game play currently good or bad?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. I mostly play {ship type} and think game play is

• {Destroyers}: Good
    • {Destroyers}: Bad
    • {Cruisers}: Good
    • {Cruisers}: Bad
    • {Battleships}: Good
    • {Battleships}: Bad
    • {Carriers}: Good
    • {Carriers}: Bad

16 comments in this topic

Members
379 posts

What is your current opinion of game play?

Edited by nhf
  • Meh 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
23,704 battles

well pretty teriibad is the state of gameplay many and I mean many people are playing us cruisers and have the super Unicum ability to push a button every few minutes to have ships killed

• Meh 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

destroyer gameplay is currently not that good at mid tiers(except tier5,my okhotnik is still fun) because of the radar spam.

cruiser gameplay is going well

battleship gameplay is going well

CV gameplay is horrible,the skill ceiling and gap is a cliff.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The question cannot be answered as a BLACK N WHITE.

Each ship has different capabilities in different situations and maps along with team composition.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

Members
1,271 posts
3,749 battles

Could the question be separated into several questions by ship type?

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
13 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Could the question be separated into several questions by ship type?

I agree. The current poll is too simplistic.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
379 posts
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

I agree. The current poll is too simplistic.

This is completely false.  At this point, it's already clear from the poll there is an issue with the current DD meta in the game.  I tire of people who dismiss outcomes they don't like by falsely claiming a flawed tool.

Edited by nhf
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 hour ago, nhf said:

This is completely false.  At this point, it's already clear from the poll there is an issue with the current DD meta in the game.  I tire of people who dismiss outcomes they don't like by falsely claiming a flawed tool.

Yes, the poll is too simplistic. I play BBs and CL/CA at about the same amounts. I enjoy playing both. I find DDs and especially CVs difficult to play due to the high skill level needed. Especially, when you play a CV. 

But in your poll, I can only pick ONE option, good or bad, for all FOUR of the ship types. So I find your poll to be too simplistic. I would say that BB and CL/CA play are good. I would be roughly split on DD play being both good and bad. I would say CV play is bad as manual attacks really can show the difference between good, decent and bad CV play.

Based on your somewhat heated response about how "it's already clear from the poll there is an issue with the current DD meta in the game" and "I tire of people who dismiss outcomes they don't like by falsely claiming a flawed tool" when I actually have a wider response I would like to give, you appear to have a bias for a particular answer. Which would not be good when trying to determine the feelings of how the game meta is seen by a larger group.

1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Poll is not a real poll if it doesn't have Bacon as an option.

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
6,452 posts
5,168 battles

Can only vote once in the poll.  Muti-type players have no way of answer that poll.

• Cool 1

[G-S]
[G-S]
Members
405 posts
16,930 battles

Radar going thru mountains is lazily implemented. And is dumbing the gameplay down. No tactic or Saituanal awareness needed, just press a button and you are able to see thru walls. I misunderstood the poll. I think I am a decent DD player but I think the fun of playing that class has been squeezed lifeless with each new patch.

Edited by LupusMalum
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
16 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Can only vote once in the poll.  Muti-type players have no way of answer that poll.

I agree.

Members
379 posts
19 minutes ago, Sventex said:

5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I agree.

People are so funny to me.  You can only "mostly" play one type of ship.  That's what makes it the "mostly" part.  I know, I know, special snowflakes hate being boxed in and want to spread their wings and fly free.

• Meh 1

[REVY]
Members
6,452 posts
5,168 battles
29 minutes ago, nhf said:

People are so funny to me.  You can only "mostly" play one type of ship.  That's what makes it the "mostly" part.  I know, I know, special snowflakes hate being boxed in and want to spread their wings and fly free.

Fine, I'll be blunt, your poll is meaningless.  It is the equivalent of asking "Do you like your favorite food".

O {Favorite Food}: Good

O {Favorite Food}: Bad

People tend to mostly play the type of ship with the best gameplay.  Most aren't going to "mostly" play one type of ship with bad gameplay.

Edited by Sventex
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, nhf said:

You evidently didn't read the post I did before the one that you just quoted. In that post I stated that I roughly play CL/CAs and BBs at about the same amounts. It varies depending on what line I'm grinding. So I would like to respond to both of those types of play in the poll, intsead  of picking one black and white choice from four different lines.

My simplistic response in my first post was to a request to separate the poll into multiple sections. So by my also saying that I agreed to that request, it would demonstrate WHY I thought that it was too simplistic a poll.

This sentence "I know, I know, special snowflakes hate being boxed in and want to spread their wings and fly free" seems to point towards more bias since you seem to resent results that don't conform to your expectations.

Also, why are people snowflakes, for asking to make the poll actually reflect our interest in multiple lines? Your poll was too simplistic to account for the fact that there are many people who play multiple types of ships in the game, but we are the snowflakes? Dude, if you can't take some simple feedback, you might be the snowflake.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
3 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Fine, I'll be blunt, your poll is meaningless.  It is the equivalent of asking "Do you like your favorite food".

People tend to mostly play the type of ship with the best gameplay.  Most aren't going to mostly play one type of ship with bad gameplay.

:cap_like:

Well at least the best game play for them. I do play DDs and CVs, even though I am bad at them. I expect I'll figure them out better some day.

• Meh 1