Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Korval_BB55

Thanks for 3 Years of Fun!

13 comments in this topic

[DARTH]
Members
555 posts
13,864 battles

It seems like Yesterday (ok, not really) when a friend of mine called and told me, hey, World of Warships is finally in open beta!  Huzzah!

It was July 1, 2015, a day which shall live in, well, in my mind as the start of something very fun.

A look through my archive found this lovely screenshot (no, I didn't know about printscreen yet) of my first day with USS Erie.  Good times.

E7nJ09T.jpg

Yes, I had a different user name back then ... the PAX MARBLEHEAD contest persuaded me that having a username that stared with 'e' might not be a good idea.

Anyway, three years and thousands of battles later, I'm still having a good time, and the game (and ships) are better than ever.

BM6q02E.jpg

(So are my screenshot skills, for that matter)

So, cheers to 3 years of fun and games, and thanks, WG for being such gracious hosts.  Here's hoping that the coming years bring plenty more battling and fun!  :)

:cap_cool:

Edited by Korval_BB55
attempting to get pictures to work
  • Cool 15

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

gotta agree,the wows closed beta gameplay was weird,nothing original,but then after i came back i started to love it.

3 years and the dev is on a good track of balancing,if you compare it with world of tanks,it's a pretty balanced game.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,231 posts
18,432 battles
38 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

,if you compare it with world of tanks,it's a pretty balanced game.

If you compare it to World of Tanks, USA vs Grenada is a well balanced game.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
5 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

gotta agree,the wows closed beta gameplay was weird,nothing original,but then after i came back i started to love it.

3 years and the dev is on a good track of balancing,if you compare it with world of tanks,it's a pretty balanced game.

Yeah, once WoWS came out, I never gave tanks a backwards glance, despite having more than 19k battles on it.  Might even have some gold left on that account.

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
6 hours ago, Korval_BB55 said:

It seems like Yesterday (ok, not really) when a friend of mine called and told me, hey, World of Warships is finally in open beta!  Huzzah!

It was July 1, 2015, a day which shall live in, well, in my mind as the start of something very fun.

A look through my archive found this lovely screenshot (no, I didn't know about printscreen yet) of my first day with USS Erie.  Good times.

E7nJ09T.jpg

Yes, I had a different user name back then ... the PAX MARBLEHEAD contest persuaded me that having a username that stared with 'e' might not be a good idea.

Anyway, three years and thousands of battles later, I'm still having a good time, and the game (and ships) are better than ever.

BM6q02E.jpg

(So are my screenshot skills, for that matter)

So, cheers to 3 years of fun and games, and thanks, WG for being such gracious hosts.  Here's hoping that the coming years bring plenty more battling and fun!  :)

:cap_cool:

:Smile_honoring:

I have only been playing two years, but greatly enjoy the game despite the occasional small bump in the road. The WoWs team has done an awesome job with the game and hats off to them.

[VW]
Members
3,884 posts
18,764 battles
41 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Yeah, once WoWS came out, I never gave tanks a backwards glance, despite having more than 19k battles on it.  Might even have some gold left on that account.

Gold is unified accross wg accounts. Unless you mean a different username.

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

Gold is unified across WoT and WoWP I believe, but has not been tied to WoWs doubloons. Evidently there were plans to do so, but they never moved forward.

[PNP]
Members
448 posts
3,939 battles
46 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

WoWp and WoT Share the same values of gold and free XP. WoWs has different premium currency due to the different economy the game has. I believe the game devs stated this before.

[UEFN]
Members
1,276 posts
21,496 battles
10 minutes ago, 1FingerSalute said:

If you have gold left in WoT you can use it for premium, that does benefit WoWS.

good idea, never thought of that....i still have some gold in WOT but haven't play it for a long time.  lol

[RKLES]
Members
12,093 posts
13,746 battles
9 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Yeah World of Tanks has been a lot harder to balance thanks to the nature of tank warfare. Like some of those light tanks were meant to be strictly 100% infrantry support or maybe a little scouting and NEVER meant to face another tank nor were capable of doing so. And they are on WOT anyway which leads to complaints, lol that is why it pays to do research in history and you find out about those things. And then you have things like artillery as well as broad spectrum of tanks to try to fit in various tiers. 

Warships on the other hand is little easier since as some have pointed out even a tier I can in theory do some damage to X ships because unlike a tank that might only need to barely move, a ship has to save weight some place or else could quite possibly sink.

Sign in to follow this