Sign in to follow this  
Cpt_S_Trent

Azur Lane changes made

17 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles

I bought the german Azur Lane commander and loved it. I was an awesome how everytime you double clicked to fire your guns she would say one of two sound bites. Now for some reason i would have to say because of an update she hardly says it at all but still says it everytime you fire single torps. Very nice of WG to patch something without giving an option to players that didn't have a problem with it. I want this fixed.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,764 posts
10,975 battles

@Cpt_S_Trent double check your audio settings that they were not returned to default. Select " National Voiceover + ". I have Aurora and she does the same, I also noticed that it varies (maybe an algorithm to not annoy the hell out of the player over time?).

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles

I will check this but it wasn't like that at first. I used the commander in a few german ships first then i just selected it for all ships and it still worked the same, it wasn't until the last update that it changed. If they were going to make a change like this at least made an option to keep it for the players that liked it.

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles
28 minutes ago, KSN said:

@Cpt_S_Trent double check your audio settings that they were not returned to default. Select " National Voiceover + ". I have Aurora and she does the same, I also noticed that it varies (maybe an algorithm to not annoy the hell out of the player over time?).

I tested the commander with my emden in a training room, instead of everytime like it was its every 4 double clicks. This pisses me off because it wasn't mentioned in any patch notes, nor was any effort made to give players the option to adjust it. Funny how they changed the guns but not the torpedoes. 

[RLGN]
Members
13,444 posts
23,450 battles

Good grief... add in this morning’s craziness with this and other recent complaints and 0.7.6 is seeming a tad jinxed...

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Good grief... add in this morning’s craziness with this and other recent complaints and 0.7.6 is seeming a tad jinxed...

I should just ask for a refund for this commander if they are just going to screw it up.

1,764 posts
10,975 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_S_Trent said:

I should just ask for a refund for this commander if they are just going to screw it up.

Put in a ticket to see if they changed the entire thing or moved to a setting without telling anyone. Then decide if you want to ask for a refund mate.

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles
36 minutes ago, KSN said:

Put in a ticket to see if they changed the entire thing or moved to a setting without telling anyone. Then decide if you want to ask for a refund mate.

I put in a ticket and also found out the HSF Spee commander also is the same. only saying fire every 4 double clicks.

Edited by Cpt_S_Trent

1,764 posts
10,975 battles
48 minutes ago, Cpt_S_Trent said:

I put in a ticket and also found out the HSF Spee commander also is the same. only saying fire every 4 double clicks.

There may have been complaints about the excessive voiceover (I didn't mind personally); or WGing decided it was too excessive.

idk

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles
43 minutes ago, KSN said:

There may have been complaints about the excessive voiceover (I didn't mind personally); or WGing decided it was too excessive.

idk

I wonder if this can be changed client side.

1,764 posts
10,975 battles
2 hours ago, Cpt_S_Trent said:

I wonder if this can be changed client side.

A brave enough Mod'er might be able to insert the full hipper voice files; but otherwise I have no idea...

*(It just occurs to me, that it is entirely possible that what we received by way of the voice over, was actually a mistake and it wasn't supposed to voice every action every time?)

[LOU1]
Members
4,085 posts
11,334 battles

I am still hunting for it, but it was listed somewhere that they were reducing the amount the Azur Lane Commanders spoke.  From two or three lines to one.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

Apparently saying the line every time the trigger is pulled when you use the voice when you play something like Mino drive folks mad...:Smile_unsure:

[KP]
Members
13 posts
4,160 battles

@KSN I received a final response on my ticket bluntly stating that alot of players complained the the commander spoke to frequently. It is in patch notes for 0.7.6 . Seems to be a quick fix with no effort to make it adjustable.

Edited by Cpt_S_Trent
  • Cool 1

1,764 posts
10,975 battles
4 hours ago, Cpt_S_Trent said:

@KSN I received a final response on my ticket bluntly stating that alot of players complained the the commander spoke to frequently. It is in patch notes for 0.7.6 . Seems to be a quick fix with no effort to make it adjustable.

Thanks for posting that update... figures.

If you're still really gun-ho about trying to get those original voice specs back; I would both turn to the Mod'ing community (one could conceivably even commission the Mod - ie pay someone to build the custom mod), and/or continue with the ticket process to ask WGing to ensure that the Azur Lane captain files are Mod'able.

After that, there's little to do except to either accept the change (which I have done), or ask for a refund.

Sign in to follow this