You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raiiako

Is the game fun right now?

is it fun?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. fun?

2. 2. what ship type do you play most?

76 comments in this topic

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,849 battles

I find it to be.

Play ships you're good at. If, that fails, @Stand_Alone97 is right: Take a break. Go on a hike, play something else, meet your friends and do stupid stuff.

[PVE]
Members
3,835 posts
16,370 battles

Radar is ruining the game.  NO.....  Not even close anymore.  Sorry.  I've retired my hard ground for Tier 9 and 10 ships.....they are now non-value added because of radar.  My Tier 7 and 8 ships can make money but RADAR is ruining those matches and MM always pairs me with tier 9-10's !  (or, 8-9's that have RADAR.)   So, what is the point?  There are no tactics that can defeat 100% accurate radar.  No weapons that can destroy the radar itself...  Radar requires no skill to use and provides perfectly accurate positions to entire teams?   That could not have happened in WW2.............there were no integrated electronic systems and in this game, we are operating radar from the 1960's !!!

• Cool 5

Members
379 posts
6 minutes ago, Raiiako said:

I want to quit. 

WOW craps on DDs every chance it gets to make the game easier for the BBs who are WOW's Golden Goose.  The game is about money, not keeping you happy... unless of course you are a BB.  BBs are the lowest skill ship in the game with the highest average game performance, and this is as WOW intends it.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2

Members
627 posts
699 battles

Having a blast.  Battleships are actually able to move up and support the cruisers now that the ddaiper boats can't abuse their cloaking devices to delete whomever they desire at will and leisure.  It's allowed me to gather up enough salt for margaritas.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 4

[KILL]
Members
855 posts
10,774 battles

When a cruiser firing 6 inch HE shells shaves off almost 10% of your health every 5 seconds or so in a BB. Times that by 3.  Yeah. keep on wondering why everyone stands back at max range and why the game is boring.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,384 posts
681 battles

CL's not on the list.

• Cool 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
25,371 posts
13,892 battles
12 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Take a break for awhile and come back...

This, if you are not having fun it doesn't matter how much fun everyone else is having, take a break.

• Cool 1

[D-PN]
Members
80 posts
3,044 battles

I think it's fun. Once you find what ship line(s) you enjoy best. There are some lulls in every progression line, as with any games. I think having a few different lines to grind helps with that.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

POll should have "sometimes" in it or most of the time or something like that.  Not just yes or no.  No big deal however.

[YORHA]
Members
4,806 posts
9,483 battles

The game is fun.  Some of the people who play it... not so much.

I would like to suggest that WG put in some code so that anyone who types "It's just a game" gets sent to PVE for 6 months.

• Meh 2

Members
379 posts
10 minutes ago, dmckay said:

POll should have "sometimes" in it or most of the time or something like that.  Not just yes or no.  No big deal however.

The poll should associate ship type with vote.  The BBs players will pounce on this post in force to "prove" the game is amazing... because, for them, every update makes the game better for them and worse for everyone else.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF4]
Members
122 posts
6,547 battles

No.  It's not.  Rock huggers and radar are sinking the fun.

I play BB secondary builds.  

team: Get in there.

me: You'll support, right?

team:  Absolutely.  [finds largest rock to hide behind]

reds: [Radar on, everyone picked apart by HE spam cruisers]

• Cool 2

Members
2,984 posts
1,448 battles

Game even ceased being any fun in Coops.  No, not cuz the AI are to hard or to easy, but because of insane amounts of fire and HE just burning you to the ground, obscene RNG that makes evne well placed shots do 0 time and again, plus, the completely brain dead playerbase that even in T8-10 Coops, gets absolutely mauled.

My last game, which was months ago at this point, and by months, I mean like August or Sept 2017, was my T8-10 team just driving straight forward into the enemy guns, as if they were all racing each other to the opposite board edge.  They all died leaving me to fight like 5 of the 8 AI ships......I sunk a cruiser after way to mcuh RNG made my 16" SHS do 1030 off a T8 British cruiser, then a Hindenberg commenced to go god mode as volley after volley only did 1030....that was my end point for this game.  Havent played since, and after keeping up on all the changes, doesnt look like ill be messing much with this game in the future either.

Victory At Sea: Pacific, thats the sea game im waiting for and banking on giving me the 'naval' experience this game couldnt.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
49 minutes ago, nhf said:

WOW craps on DDs every chance it gets to make the game easier for the BBs who are WOW's Golden Goose.  The game is about money, not keeping you happy... unless of course you are a BB.  BBs are the lowest skill ship in the game with the highest average game performance, and this is as WOW intends it.

That is your opinion and doesn't make it right. Highest average game performance....you mean damage don't you. That does not mean highest performing, a skilled player in a DD will ALWAYS do more to contribute to a win than an equally skilled battleships player. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Playing a lot of CVs and destroyers lately, and enjoying rolling up the wins. 

The average player with a radar equipped ship is like a mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how they got it, and danged if they know how to use it.

• Funny 2

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,384 posts
681 battles
3 minutes ago, Shipping_Forecast said:

No.  It's not.  Rock huggers and radar are sinking the fun.

I play BB secondary builds.  

team: Get in there.

me: You'll support, right?

team:  Absolutely.  [finds largest rock to hide behind]

reds: [Radar on, everyone picked apart by HE spam cruisers]

Cruisers hide behind rocks so they don't get 1-shotted by battleships. If you want to stop camping, citadel and overmatch mechanics need to change dramatically. Removing overmatch would even help DDs because the enormous majority of their issue with penetrations is due to overmatching at extreme angles. 

Remove the fear of being insta-gibbed and the gameplay will change dramatically for the better. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
4 minutes ago, nhf said:

The poll should associate ship type with vote.  The BBs players will pounce on this post in force to "prove" the game is amazing... because, for them, every update makes the game better for them and worse for everyone else.

Yeah,,,,I just saw a full health Yamato get killed in less than three minutes by a Worchester and a Minotaur hiding behind rocks where the Yamato could not return fire. So how is this supposed to be better for Battleships?

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
187 posts
20,285 battles

fun factor has kinda been leaving game, i like ranked but they even made that pointless with this coal and steel nonsense.

i like cvs in game even when they one shot me but they messed that up as well.

frankly if rival did a free trial of naval pack i would be playing that.

battlestations midway this game is not, its heading the way of battlestations pacific and no doubt soon we will get turbo fire bb shells and so on.

Members
379 posts
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Yeah,,,,I just saw a full health Yamato get killed in less than three minutes by a Worchester and a Minotaur hiding behind rocks where the Yamato could not return fire. So how is this supposed to be better for Battleships?

You know that's an anomaly.  Seriously, how often does that even happen?  My observation, not much.  It's FAR more common for BB AP to insta-delete a DD or CA and you know it.

• Cool 1

Members
3,319 posts
6,702 battles

Well as they say..FUN is not always for everyone. People who have FUN get that at the expense of people who have NOFUN at times. Now don't get me wrong, you can get deleted but if its a competitive game and you lose - its a lot of fun fer sure.  By that I mean a battle between you and other ships where its very close to dying.  Those INSTA DELETES and Detonations..those cut short your FUN FACTOR to the max. Just my opinion and yours will vary.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
11 minutes ago, nhf said:

You know that's an anomaly.  Seriously, how often does that even happen?  My observation, not much.  It's FAR more common for BB AP to insta-delete a DD or CA and you know it.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but I have noticed that from a couple of patches ago dev striking a cruiser is a lot harder. I tend to get mostly over pens. As a battleship main cruisers seem to be a lot more difficult to kill, that may not be the case of course.

[LOU1]
Members
4,095 posts
11,497 battles

Hope you realize that you are mainly going to get comments from the few players that actually post on the forums and they may probably be negative comments.  Note there is a post from someone who hasn't played the current WOWS, which was very different from the current game.  I even took a break around the holiday season and focused on WOWP, and even went back to WOT for a bit.  If the game wasn't/isn't fun I am not sure why someone would play it.  Like anything else, it is possible to get burned out or bored.  Fortunately you can always come back and give it a try if you do take a break.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
13 minutes ago, nhf said:

Actually, I had it happen to me in a GK a few weeks ago, got spotted by a DD and focused by two cruisers. Was dead inside of 4 minutes and had over 71k in fire damage alone. A fireproof/survival build in a battleship does not mean squat against this really high rate of fire ships.

• Cool 1