Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STOGGYRETURNS

Why won't people engage then enemy anymore?

195 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles

I am getting really confused and frustrated with the teams I get. Wargaming swears up and down there is no bias but I constantly get teams that dissolve in water before the first 5 minutes is up. Was there  a new meta memo about hiding in the corner behind as many greens ships as you can is the new play style? I am just dumb founded by the lack of players willingness to even engage the enemy at all. Some times they just sit there not exactly afk but never willing to return fire. It is so frustration and demoralizing to almost never win anymore because my team mates will not participate in the battle if they can avoid it....which makes no sense. Don't click battle if you don't want to get into a fight. 

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,457
[VW]
Members
3,885 posts
18,764 battles

A mix of summer vacation and obsession over survival stats. But honestly i think its mass noobery, yesterday i was in a match where a colo got a « tactics » award. This genius waited until tier 7 for his first time capping a base!!!!

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles

I guess you didn't read "General Game Discussion" either Neptune :P 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,025 posts
564 battles
Just now, STOGGYRETURNS said:

I guess you didn't read "General Game Discussion" either :P 

no i did   

maybe stop blaming the WHOLE TEAM because you lost a battle...

I mean are YOU the only ship that fought??
Are you not on every team in every battle you play??
Are the other 11 ships AFK??

maybe  look at you....

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,926
[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,815 posts
11,212 battles
2 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

no i did   

maybe stop blaming the WHOLE TEAM because you lost a battle...

I mean are YOU the only ship that fought??
Are you not on every team in every battle you play??
Are the other 11 ships AFK??

maybe  look at you....

The TEAM wins and losses battles - not a single player. 

If only one guy on a team goes to get objectives while 11 others stay way back from them, how is the team, and they, supposed to win. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles

Neptune it ain't me buddy. I'm not going to spam every battle but this is my day so far. first three are exactly what I have said. 4th shows me getting singled out as scout because my team wouldn't leave cap in a death match battle. I did everything I could but in the end no one would support because they preferred hiding (pulling their punches). I understand people chasing specific objectives but the rate at which I get teams built to fail is beyond frustrating. 

shot-18.07.01_18.16.14-0458.jpg

shot-18.07.01_18.16.27-0899.jpg

shot-18.07.01_18.16.59-0864.jpg

shot-18.07.01_18.17.17-0951.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
Members
377 posts
28 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

I am getting really confused and frustrated with the teams I get. Wargaming swears up and down there is no bias but I constantly get teams that dissolve in water before the first 5 minutes is up. Was there  a new meta memo about hiding in the corner behind as many greens ships as you can is the new play style? I am just dumb founded the the lack of players willingness to even engage the enemy at all. Some time they just sit there not exactly afk but never willing to return fire. It is so frustration and demoralizing to almost never win anymore because my team mates will not participate in the battle if they can avoid it....which makes no sense. Don;t click battle if you don't want to get into a fight. 

BBs are WOW's Golden Goose.  Originally, DDs were the "rock-paper-scissors" counter to BBs.  But, the BBabys whined about how hard DDs were making it for the BBabys to be game gods and justify the money BBabys spend in the game.  So, WOW removed stealth fire, nerfed smoke, won't fix the BB AP bug that double dips MASSIVE 70-80% single salvo damage to DDs, added TONS of radar, and generally screwed DDs to the point that BBs have little to fear in the game.  The BBabys are happy, or as close to happy as they can be given endless game changes favoring them.  Thus, most games you can see them camping early, then late game sailing around at full health farming damage after their DD and CA teammates became HP pinatas to the enemy.  The game is crap right now, and WOW makes it worse each time WOW tries to "fix" it because EVERY "fix" must ensure BBabys, the WOW Golden Goose, are kept happy.

  • Cool 7
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles

I guess I gotta kind call myself out as a BBaby because I was a Tirpitz deathstar player but that was my answer to dds. not to cry about them. When they broke 2ndaries not long back I jumped ship to DDs and then the new cruisers came out and that party was over too with all the new radar. I agree that status of play sucks and I can't find anything to get excited about. I am sorta making the best of the cherry blossom day of premium and whatever flags/camo stacking I can get done towards new tier X's for the collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,578
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,389 posts
10,718 battles
5 minutes ago, nhf said:

BBs are WOW's Golden Goose.  Originally, DDs were the "rock-paper-scissors" counter to BBs.  But, the BBabys whined about how hard DDs were making it for the BBabys to be game gods and justify the money BBabys spend in the game.  So, WOW removed stealth fire, nerfed smoke, won't fix the BB AP bug that double dips MASSIVE 70-80% single salvo damage to DDs, added TONS of radar, and generally screwed DDs to the point that BBs have little to fear in the game.  The BBabys are happy, or as close to happy as they can be given endless game changes favoring them.  Thus, most games you can see them camping early, then late game sailing around at full health farming damage after their DD and CA teammates became HP pinatas to the enemy.  The game is crap right now, and WOW makes it worse each time WOW tries to "fix" it because EVERY "fix" must ensure BBabys, the WOW Golden Goose, are kept happy.

Wow anything else u want to blame on BB players global warming , the economy ,  education  , the general decline of society .

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

wargaming needs to reward players who plays the objective

has of now the campers get good xp and credits from letting their team die by focus fire

until they reward the ships in the vanguard and penalize the campers well

hotdogs and marshmellows for the win by the campfire

you dig

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
25 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

I guess I gotta kind call myself out as a BBaby because I was a Tirpitz deathstar player but that was my answer to dds. not to cry about them. When they broke 2ndaries not long back I jumped ship to DDs and then the new cruisers came out and that party was over too with all the new radar. I agree that status of play sucks and I can't find anything to get excited about. I am sorta making the best of the cherry blossom day of premium and whatever flags/camo stacking I can get done towards new tier X's for the collection.

“Broke secondaries?”  wth are you talking about?

They’re as good as ever.

What’s more, with the new Massachusetts they are absolutely devastating.

its actually spoiling me on playing anything else.   All my other American BBS (except Ark Beta) are now in mothballs.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,036
Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

Well those are pretty bad teams OP put up there. What sticks out is how LITTLE damage his mates did. Makes you wonder what they were doing.  What they were thinking...but we all have this happen. Looks like OP ran up against some damn good teams...I reckon.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles
14 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

“Broke secondaries?”  wth are you talking about?

They’re as good as ever.

What’s more, with the new Massachusetts they are absolutely devastating.

its actually spoiling me on playing anything else.   All my other American BBS (except Ark Beta) are now in mothballs.

So your argument is the new ship not the spectrum of ships. Right you can't see that they pamper to the product of "right now" for a sale gimick. Mass will catch a nerf eventually when she stops producing cash.

2ndaries on everything other then French BBs have been nerfed into the stone age. If you don't carry the IFHE backer now they are useless. When they nerfed tirpitz and bizmark range they broke the overall ships ability to preform. I have abandoned all deathstar builds lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
256
Members
377 posts
6 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

wargaming needs to reward players who plays the objective

has of now the campers get good xp and credits from letting their team die by focus fire

until they reward the ships in the vanguard and penalize the campers well

hotdogs and marshmellows for the win by the campfire

you dig

This is exactly correct.  Playing game objectives is not rewarded, and often those that do are killed first on most teams.  Camping and farming damage is rewarded, and often those that do are killed last on most teams.  Nothing will change until camping and farming damage is penalized or at the very least not rewarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles
18 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

wargaming needs to reward players who plays the objective

has of now the campers get good xp and credits from letting their team die by focus fire

until they reward the ships in the vanguard and penalize the campers well

hotdogs and marshmellows for the win by the campfire

you dig

Yeah I can dig it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
2 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Yeah I can dig it!!

yep i still play the objectif and once in a while you get a team with a pair but most of the time well...

you get a team with a pair alrit just not the pair the saying comes from

haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
13 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

So your argument is the new ship not the spectrum of ships. Right you can't see that they pamper to the product of "right now" for a sale gimick. Mass will catch a nerf eventually when she stops producing cash.

2ndaries on everything other then French BBs have been nerfed into the stone age. If you don't carry the IFHE backer now they are useless. When they nerfed tirpitz and bizmark range they broke the overall ships ability to preform. I have abandoned all deathstar builds lately. 

Again, I don’t know what the hell you are talking about.   The last change to tirpitz range was a buff and the secondaries work just fine.

What specific changes are you referring to and which patch were they implemented?

I’ve owned Tirpitz since it was released and the secondaries have only gotten better over time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,984 posts
1,448 battles

Cuz the lethality level of the game has gotten to stupid levels, and the first one to engage gets focused and [edited].  Plus, a mutual distrust of every other player on the team.  No one wants to go first, no one trusts anyone else to move up and help them, and so therefore, you get everyone camping out, waiting until someone else moves in first...but yeah, no one will...

Citadel raping, HE spam off the chain, way to much fire, torps basically 1 shotting you, yeah, it all leads to no one wanting to be the one being shot at....even coops, whoever gets seen and shot first is typically dead....it doesnt pay to move in and lead any charge.

Edited by KnightFandragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
10 minutes ago, nhf said:

This is exactly correct.  Playing game objectives is not rewarded, and often those that do are killed first on most teams.  Camping and farming damage is rewarded, and often those that do are killed last on most teams.  Nothing will change until camping and farming damage is penalized or at the very least not rewarded.

yes they need to add a new ribbon like they did for spotting that rewards players in the line of fire and nerf xp for shooting while concealed or shooting at below optimal range

something like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42
[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,639 battles
4 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Again, I don’t know what the hell you are talking about.   The last change to tirpitz range was a buff and the secondaries work just fine.

What specific changes are you referring to and which patch were they implemented?

You do realize a decrease from 11.6 is not a buff right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
49 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Wow anything else u want to blame on BB players global warming , the economy ,  education  , the general decline of society .

yes )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
308 posts
1,877 battles

Given that the game already tracks potential damage, and has the ability to track how many different ships you have received fire from, there does seem to be a solution to reward players who have really gone into harm's way and accomplished something.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,069
[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,699 posts
8 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

You do realize a decrease from 11.6 is not a buff right?

I don’t think they were ever 11.6.   That was GK.

They are currently 11.3 which is buffed from I think 8.6 was where they used to be before.

In any event, a .3 difference is so inconsequential as to be laughable... especially since I’m not sure it even happened.  If it was 11.6, they changed it fast so it’s hardly like you built a whole playstyle around it.

I remember when fully maxed out they were 7.6.

FINALLY..... they are about to get another huge buff here when WG reduces DD armor to make them less vulnerable to AP.

So whatever you problem is, it’s got nothing to do with what WG has done.   I suggest you take a look at yourself and stop whining about phantom/inconsequential changes.

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×