You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

A Destroyer that we all NEED TO FEAR

33 comments in this topic

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Kitakaze
Arrow_down.png
Harugumo_icon_small.png
stock
General
Research priceexp
Purchase priceCredits
Hit Points25,600 
Main Battery
100 mm/65 Type985 х 2 pcs.
Rate of Fire20 shots/min.
Reload Timesec.
Rotation Speed16 deg./sec.
180 Degree Turn Time11.25 sec.
Firing Range12.55 km.
Maximum Dispersion109 m.
HE Shell100 mm HE Type98 
Maximum HE Shell Damage1,200 
Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell%
Initial HE Shell Velocity1000 m./s.
HE Shell Weight13 kg.
AP Shell100 mm AP Type98 
Maximum AP Shell Damage1,700 
Initial AP Shell Velocity1000 m./s.
AP Shell Weight13 kg.
Torpedo Tubes
610 mm Sextuple1 х 6 pcs.
Rate of Fire0.35 shots/min.
Reload Time171 sec.
Rotation Speed25 deg./sec.
180 Degree Turn Time7.2 sec.
TorpedoType93 mod. 3 
Maximum Damage23,767 
Torpedo Speed67 knot
Torpedo Range12 km.
AA Defense
100 mm/65 Type985 х 2 pcs.
. . . Average Damage per Second104 
. . . Firing Range5.01 km.
25 mm/60 Type96 mod. 116 х 1 pcs.
. . . Average Damage per Second28.8 
. . . Firing Range3.09 km.
40 mm Bofors "Chi" Type986 х 2 pcs.
. . . Average Damage per Second66 
. . . Firing Range3.51 km.
Maneuverability
Maximum Speed35.7 knot
Turning Circle Radius830 m.
Rudder Shift Time5.5 sec.
Concealment
Surface Detectability Range7.92 km.
Air Detectability Range5.22 km.

Main Battery Rate of Fire
(shots/min)
180° Turn Time
(sec)
Maximum Dispersion
(m)
Maximum HE Shell Damage
(HP)
Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell
(%)
Maximum AP Shell Damage
(HP)
  Research price
(exp)
Purchase price
(Credits)
100 mm/65 Type98 20 11.25 109 1,200 5 1,700   0 1,700,000
Hull Hit Points
(HP)
Armor
(mm)
Armor
(mm)
Main Turrets
(pcs.)
Secondary Gun Turrets
(pcs.)
AA Mounts
(pcs.)
Torpedo Tubes
(pcs.)
Hangar Capacity
(pcs.)
  Research price
(exp)
Purchase price
(Credits)
Harugumo (A) 25,600 13 20 5   6/16/5 1 0   0 0
Torpedoes Rate of Fire
(shots/min)
Torpedo Tubes Reload Time
(sec)
180° Turn Time
(sec)
Maximum Damage
(HP)
Torpedo Speed
(knot)
Torpedo Range
(km)
  Research price
(exp)
Purchase price
(Credits)
Type F3 0.4 157 7.2 21,366 76 8   30,000 2,500,000
Type93 mod. 3 0.4 171 7.2 23,766 67 12   0 2,500,000
Gun Fire Control System Firing Range Increase
(%)
Maximum Firing Range
(km)
  Research price
(exp)
Purchase price
(Credits)
Type10 mod. 1 0 12.6   0 1,100,000
Engine Maximum Speed
(knot)
  Research price
(exp)
Purchase price
(Credits)

This is a ship we all need to fear when it comes to be true.  The rate of fire that I've already seen inside the game going up against this ship is absolutely insane.  Akizuki is nothing compared to this ship it is just the start.  Thank you Wiki for the perimeters that I copied from your page.  I apologize for the gray color photo but I do not have port mods in my port anymore.  Please note all of these are subject to change since the ship is still under testing.

shot-18.07.01_14.29.37-0253.jpg

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,182 posts
4,628 battles

Hard to fear something without a name. You should add it to the title and post.

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles

You mean this ship?  Sometimes looking at stat sheets alone doesn't tell an entire story...

• Cool 1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Just now, FCA_Wichita said:

You mean this ship?  Sometimes looking at stat sheets alone doesn't tell an entire story...

That's the one

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

But Ichase's video says its horrible from what I've seen in game it is dangerous.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

But Ichase's video says its horrible from what I've seen in game it is dangerous.

FCA_Wichita is right anyway,the stat sheets are not enough to judge a ship,that's why i don't even look at supertest ships videos until i see them live testing it.

Members
2,151 posts
14,355 battles

Supertest videos such as ICG, Flamu, Notser, Nozoupforyou. They can be pretty average players at time. Gramted some of them are great so taking their word that its garbage isnt really saying anything

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Just now, JessieTheKitty said:

Supertest videos such as ICG, Flamu, Notser, Nozoupforyou. They can be pretty average players at time. Gramted some of them are great so taking their word that its garbage isnt really saying anything

I've played against a Harugamo already in game.  So I can at least say yea they are dangerous with out even having to watch the videos done by them.  It can spam HE like crazy.  I was actually surprised to see it in a match.  Had no clue what it even was lol.  Until I hit my tab key.

[KWF]
Members
4,032 posts
6,179 battles

For the amount of things Harugumo sacrifices for an extra turret, 2 more torps and a bit more speed, Akizuki  by comparison looks like a more well rounded package.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Well we shall see what she can do when she's actually introduced into the game.

Members
2,151 posts
14,355 battles
5 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

I've played against a Harugamo already in game.  So I can at least say yea they are dangerous with out even having to watch the videos done by them.  It can spam HE like crazy.  I was actually surprised to see it in a match.  Had no clue what it even was lol.  Until I hit my tab key.

Just hearing extra turret with slow speed and longer reload to torps sounded idiotic to me. Akizuki as is takes sh**s on gearings... 

5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

For the amount of things Harugumo sacrifices for an extra turret, 2 more torps and a bit more speed, Akizuki  by comparison looks like a more well rounded package.

Torpedos and speed was never supposed to be a strong point in the akizuki line

Edited by JessieTheKitty

[WOLF2]
Members
252 posts
6,381 battles

I'm not super concerned.  First, the ship is still in testing.  Second, a ship that has a ridiculously slow rudder shift coupled with a turning radius larger than Conqueror sounds like it will get consumed by Cleveland through Worcester.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,764 posts
10,978 battles

If you ambush this ship with a DD hunter like Z-52 that also has RPF, it's dead... not to mention the supporting fire from every ship in your area trying to sink it. Though it will be even easier to sink that Khaba, because of that @$$ turning radius and low speed.

Only have to fear a potential torpedo hit while brawling this one... guns are irrelevant if you are in smoke with Hydro running.

That's my thoughts; we'll have to see if it works out in practice. (I'll probably get her because I have the Akizuki, but highly doubt I would use her vs other DDs)

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,892 battles

Harugumo has the capacity to be powerful. Powerful AA armament, 10 rapid fire rifles, a sextuple torpedo launcher with TRB, and a massive HP pool. 

I am excited to see the development of this destroyer, and see how she turns out.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
2 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Harugumo has the capacity to be powerful. Powerful AA armament, 10 rapid fire rifles, a sextuple torpedo launcher with TRB, and a massive HP pool. 

I am excited to see the development of this destroyer, and see how she turns out.

None the less it may change again but when I last saw it I was in a BB and I ran away lol.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,960 posts
12,425 battles

I really really like akizuki in t10 matches. Buff that aki by giving it more hp, more torps, and an extra gun with only slight worse detection and this looks like a ship I'll really enjoy

[INTEL]
Members
12,340 posts
34,241 battles

High ROF spammers are something the game does not need more of. I hope its trash and no one plays it

• Funny 2
  • Meh 1

[PNGYN]
Members
491 posts
3,849 battles

Harugumo is to tier 10 what the USN Standard BBs are to tiers 5, 6, and 7.

Members
6,037 posts
7,048 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

In reality, Kitakaze should also have the extra speed that Harugumo gets. Project V6(which was canceled and developed into project V7, the super Akizuki's) called for a speed of 36.7kts. The fact that Kitakaze, supposedly being project V6(7) and only having 33kts is depressing. I sincerely hope WG remedies this before the ships go live. Kitakaze has the potential to be the true gem of the alternate branch in the IJN DDs, even more so than the 10-gun Harugumo, if only it receives the correct speed.

[KWF]
Members
4,032 posts
6,179 battles
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

In reality, Kitakaze should also have the extra speed that Harugumo gets. Project V6(which was canceled and developed into project V7, the super Akizuki's) called for a speed of 36.7kts. The fact that Kitakaze, supposedly being project V6(7) and only having 33kts is depressing. I sincerely hope WG remedies this before the ships go live. Kitakaze has the potential to be the true gem of the alternate branch in the IJN DDs, even more so than the 10-gun Harugumo, if only it receives the correct speed.

Personally, I got 0 expectations from the line, which saddens me, since Akizuki is a favorite of mine, got already 200k+ xp waiting. I feel Kitakaze will be an Akizuki with the sextuple torps, and the extra upgrade slot to justify being a tier higher. If Kitakaze gets the speed it will be a step in a good direction however.  Maybe DFAA since it seems those ships will only get bigger? It doesn't even have to be good AA, just the panic effect :Smile_sceptic:.

Members
1,430 posts
3,437 battles

Not really Harugumo barely does any damage, lacks concealment, torpedoes and manouverability without mentioning her very large size.

Her guns can get the reload down to 1.8 seconds i think but they're still 100mm guns that barely leave a scratch.

It's just pew pew without the boom boom.

Edited by clowlock

[B_Y_F]
Members
502 posts
11,926 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

Harugumo has the capacity to be powerful. Powerful AA armament

really? even with Manu AA I don't see him capable to protects himself vs T10 CV.....

Members
1,430 posts
3,437 battles
Just now, sapient007 said:

really? even with Manu AA I don't see him capable to protects himself vs T10 CV.....

She isn't, atleast not without DFAA.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

Ichase isn't the be-all end-all authority on ships.