You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STOGGYRETURNS

New Clan Wars doesn't pay Steel or Coal

150 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
263 posts
17,646 battles

So what I am experiencing is that the New Steel and Coal mechanic is attached to random crates, a single combat mission, and personal missions for clan wars which require you to win 15 times to get paid a one time 1000 steal reward.  Still seems like a massive case of unobtainium. If you have a casual gamer guild  this will not be obtainable at all by you or any of your friends. My advice is not to waste time on it until they actually pay us per fight even if that means 100 coal a pop or something for participation. Right now I give it a week before everyone realizes it's the same waste of time it always was and does something else instead. 

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 9

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,880 battles

Steel is meant to be rewarded that way. It is a high value currency in game and is treated as such. Coal can be obtained via crates, and converting steel.

If it was meant to be easy, everyone would have a Flint or Black by now.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
1 minute ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

So what I am experiencing is that the New Steel and Coal mechanic is attached to random crates, a single combat mission, and personal missions for clan wars witch require you to win 15 times to get paid a one time 1000 steal reward.  Still seems like a massive case of unobtainium. If you have a casual gamer guild  this will not be obtainable at all by you or any of your friends. My advice is not to waste time on it until they actually pay us per fight even if that means 100 coal a pop or something for participation. Right now I give it a week before everyone realizes it's the same waste of time it always was and does something else instead. 

If you are a casual clan, that only plays a few battles, then no, you won't be earning steel in this season of Clan Battles. (That is probably my fate as I have 1 win, 3 losses)

If you are a casual clan, that plays Clan Battles regularly, you have all CB season (Aug 19th) to get 15 wins in Squall to start earning some steel (1,000). The steel goes higher for Gale and above leagues. If you get all the way to Typhoon and complete those Combat Missions, you get 10k steel in total. So yes, lots of steel, will be for the serious clans to earn.

Here is the Season 3 CB article, with the tag straight to the Combat Mission section.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/clan-vs-clan-season-3/#combat-missions-leagues

1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

Coal can be obtained via crates, and converting steel.

There are daily challenges this month to earn coal. If you complete enough daily Challenge series, you can get 5 ea Dragon flags.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles

Their is easy and their is unobtainable. I thought this was supposed to be a fix to the 123 cheat supper guild behavior but I guess it is same old same old. I thought flint would be cheap at 116,000 coal but there is no up convert amount for coal to steel. So it is not something I can obtain under current situations. 

• Meh 3

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles

Converting steel to coal and coal to steel is automatic there is not conversion per say. Semantics I know :)

Sorry I got ^coal to steel^ wrong there is no coal to steel up convert only steel to coal.

• Meh 2

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles

Their is easy and their is unobtainable. I thought this was supposed to be a fix to the 123 cheat supper guild behavior but I guess it is same old same old. Flint isn't even expensive 116,000 coal. I am half way there but I will have to wait for the rest in random drops. 

You can not buy Flint for coal. You can convert steel to coal. You can NOT convert coal to steel. It is like credits (coal) and doubloons (steel). You can convert doubloons to credits, but not credits to doubloons.

Just now, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Converting steel to coal and coal to steel is automatic there is not conversion per say. Semantics I know :)

I think you have to manually convert steel to coal. You can not covert coal to steel.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are daily challenges this month to earn coal. 

I guess they have finally released a couple light dailies but the take home is so light. I don't really see it as worth the effort at this point. Personally I find the tokens system in Planes to be more of an attraction. Atleast I can play to pay for my premium time via that rewards system that carries across the network.

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles

I guess they have finally released a couple light dailies but the take home is so light. I don't really see it as worth the effort at this point. Personally I find the tokens system in Planes to be more of an attraction. Atleast I can play to pay for my premium time via that rewards system that carries across the network.

450 coal a day is 13,950 for the month.  Couple that with the 5k coal mission already running and you have 18,950 coal. Campbeltown in the Arsenal costs 19,500 coal, so you need 1 to 2 coal drops in containers. So some people will be happy with the daily coal missions.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

You can not buy Flint for coal. You can convert steel to coal. You can NOT convert coal to steel. It is like credits (coal) and doubloons (steel). You can convert doubloons to credits, but not credits to doubloons.

I think you have to manually convert steel to coal. You can not covert coal to steel.

Oh yeah so I see your point there now re looking at the resource explanation. I guess it is one way convert. So this means I will never get a black or flint so Clan Wars is over for me and mine and I don;t have a new reason to play ships.  :(

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
Just now, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Oh yeah so I see your point there now re looking at the resource explanation. I guess it is one way convert. So this means I will never get a black or flint so Clan Wars is over for me and mine and I don;t have a new reason to play ships.  :(

If you are very lucky, you can get steel in super containers. It will take a looong time to collect steel that way. Ranked will have steel for rewards, but we don't know how much yet.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
5 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you are very lucky, you can get steel in super containers. It will take a looong time to collect steel that way. Ranked will have steel for rewards, but we don't know how much yet.

I'm not lucky :) Thanks for the replies Kizarvexis

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles

I'm not lucky :) Thanks for the replies Kizarvexis

Me either. :) You are welcome

[CUTER]
Members
832 posts
25,071 battles

I am completely at ease with it and consider the whole process like a bonus over the top.  It is a great experience...but again free stuff isn't for everyone who has/have little patience.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
5 minutes ago, Kongo_Pride said:

I am completely at ease with it and consider the whole process like a bonus over the top.  It is a great experience...but again free stuff isn't for everyone who has/have little patience.

When you been stuck in the fish bowl this long waiting for the mmo(sandbox) they dreamed it would be before it went freemium(mobile) gaming. Patience stops being a virtue. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I guess I am disappointed that I either have to ditch my friends and find people who can carry themselves and me better or just accept that it is unobtainable content which is the beginning of the end. Having to do all that whack stuff to get the premium exclusion achievement tanks in WOT was the straw that broke me back and made me walk away from 13 tier Xs and never play the game again. I currently have 82 ships and 109 slots and 9 tier X's. I am struggling to find a personal reason to play because it is always wash rinse repeat.

[O-PN]
Members
9,125 posts
10,593 battles
1 hour ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

So what I am experiencing is that the New Steel and Coal mechanic is attached to random crates, a single combat mission, and personal missions for clan wars which require you to win 15 times to get paid a one time 1000 steal reward.  Still seems like a massive case of unobtainium. If you have a casual gamer guild  this will not be obtainable at all by you or any of your friends. My advice is not to waste time on it until they actually pay us per fight even if that means 100 coal a pop or something for participation. Right now I give it a week before everyone realizes it's the same waste of time it always was and does something else instead. 

Casual gamers were never going to do well enough in CB to get anything anyway, so I really don't understand your angst.

Also, most people playing CB are playing for their clan, not to get some mythical rewards. If you aren't playing to help your clan succeed, you're doing it wrong.

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
858 posts
31,870 battles
27 minutes ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

When you been stuck in the fish bowl this long waiting for the mmo(sandbox) they dreamed it would be before it went freemium(mobile) gaming. Patience stops being a virtue. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

I guess I am disappointed that I either have to ditch my friends and find people who can carry themselves and me better or just accept that it is unobtainable content which is the beginning of the end. Having to do all that whack stuff to get the premium exclusion achievement tanks in WOT was the straw that broke me back and made me walk away from 13 tier Xs and never play the game again. I currently have 82 ships and 109 slots and 9 tier X's. I am struggling to find a personal reason to play because it is always wash rinse repeat.

Candidly, what's changed? Remember Steel allows you to buy the reward ships that you could earn either via Clan Wars or Ranked. If you didn't either rank out or get a Stalingrad Flag in Clan wars, then you wouldn't have gotten those ships anyway. The only difference now is that you have a slim chance of getting steel in a supercontainer. Now yes, I agree it'll take ALOT of supercontainers to get enough steel to get a reward ship, but that's a better chance than if you couldn't/wouldn't rank out or have a clan that won at the levels needed to get the Stalingrad flags. 

Now coal, at least for me, is dropping fairly frequently in the containers. Also if you look at the missions, they're making coal fairly easy to get (maybe not as easy as getting containers, but...). Of course if you look at the prices of stuff in the Arsenal for coal, other than the upgrade modules, I'm not sure that you wouldn't be better off buying it in the premium ship or trying to earn the flags in the containers unless you're a adamant Free-to-play gamer. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,618 posts
4,602 battles
3 hours ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

Still seems like a massive case of unobtainium.

Even if you do obtanium, the reward is underwhelmium.  1000 Coal seems like a lot, but buys you 1.56 XP flags.  Wow!  /s

Edit:  Ooops, misread it.

1000 Steel seems like a lot, but buys you 15.6 XP flags.  Wow!  /s

Edited by iDuckman

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
40 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Casual gamers were never going to do well enough in CB to get anything anyway, so I really don't understand your angst.

Also, most people playing CB are playing for their clan, not to get some mythical rewards. If you aren't playing to help your clan succeed, you're doing it wrong.

Their is no "for the clan mate." Clans done, finished, over. Shipyard completed - our last slot upgrade. The clan as a function doesn't actually do anything. If this was EVE "for the Clan" would mean something. If we was fighting for clan map glory then I could still get behind that but it hard to be anything other then casual about it when it has no function. Feels like things are becoming like a Star Trek online. 

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Even if you do obtanium, the reward is underwhelmium.  1000 Coal seems like a lot, but buys you 1.56 XP flags.  Wow!  /s

Agreed. I am not finding that there is enough change to motivate the guild or myself to care because it won't happen.  Ranked is a farce and clan wars is meh. Ranked operate under the Russian bias mm mechanics so I can only assume that they will make the ranked challenges ridicules as well constantly give meh players who dissolve in water. So I see only signs that say not for me.

[VX9]
Members
73 posts
9,973 battles

I play to wreck stuff. The freebies that come out in missions, crates, ect is just icing. Now owning 2 T10 botes in the new meta we're enduring, I'm adjusting my play to be somewhat more successful than wreckin' my bote in the first 30 seconds. My clan is casual. Some of us only get off the porch for CW or Ranked. We use the rewards as the goal to achieve. We grind it out. I know we will earn some steel. Will we make it to typhoon? Likely not, at least as long as I'm on the team yolo'n caps. Have fun with it. Or, like ya think ya need to do, as I did with a game called Seafight, put the ships in the scrapyard and walk away.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
1 minute ago, IKECVBG said:

I play to wreck stuff. The freebies that come out in missions, crates, ect is just icing. Now owning 2 T10 botes in the new meta we're enduring, I'm adjusting my play to be somewhat more successful than wreckin' my bote in the first 30 seconds. My clan is casual. Some of us only get off the porch for CW or Ranked. We use the rewards as the goal to achieve. We grind it out. I know we will earn some steel. Will we make it to typhoon? Likely not, at least as long as I'm on the team yolo'n caps. Have fun with it. Or, like ya think ya need to do, as I did with a game called Seafight, put the ships in the scrapyard and walk away.

Nah buddy my ragtag group of trekkies got nothing to offer. I think we went 1 for 6 last night and are on the bottom of the barrel. There is no getting there for us. It is already over. It would be a miracle if we got 15 wins to get the first 1000 steel. Hence why I wish there was a basic coal pay out for participation. I don't know how others fell but as of right now AXANAR has no reason to participate at all.

[AXANR]
[AXANR]
263 posts
17,646 battles
16 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Candidly, what's changed? Remember Steel allows you to buy the reward ships that you could earn either via Clan Wars or Ranked. If you didn't either rank out or get a Stalingrad Flag in Clan wars, then you wouldn't have gotten those ships anyway. The only difference now is that you have a slim chance of getting steel in a supercontainer. Now yes, I agree it'll take ALOT of supercontainers to get enough steel to get a reward ship, but that's a better chance than if you couldn't/wouldn't rank out or have a clan that won at the levels needed to get the Stalingrad flags. 

Now coal, at least for me, is dropping fairly frequently in the containers. Also if you look at the missions, they're making coal fairly easy to get (maybe not as easy as getting containers, but...). Of course if you look at the prices of stuff in the Arsenal for coal, other than the upgrade modules, I'm not sure that you wouldn't be better off buying it in the premium ship or trying to earn the flags in the containers unless you're a adamant Free-to-play gamer. 

I am 1 for 7 on the container coal drops so far. The whole thing is coming off as terribly underwhelming and the dream of a flint is dead. Since the steel only converts to coal and not the other way round. 

[WOLF5]
Members
858 posts
31,870 battles
1 hour ago, STOGGYRETURNS said:

I am 1 for 7 on the container coal drops so far. The whole thing is coming off as terribly underwhelming and the dream of a flint is dead. Since the steel only converts to coal and not the other way round. 

Again, since the Flint was a ranked award ship, if you couldn't rank out before, what's changed?  I

'd argue, now you have a very, very, very slim chance of getting enough super containers to get the steel to get the Flint. Before, if you couldn't rank out, then you had NO chance of getting the Flint. 

[PVE]
Members
19,835 posts
11,995 battles
4 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Again, since the Flint was a ranked award ship, if you couldn't rank out before, what's changed?  I

'd argue, now you have a very, very, very slim chance of getting enough super containers to get the steel to get the Flint. Before, if you couldn't rank out, then you had NO chance of getting the Flint. 

Later on in the Clan Battles season, shouldn't all the big time clans be out of the Squall League? If so, then it might be easier to get those 15 wins for that 1,000 steel, right?