You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kinnard63

Cant buy preminum ship with doubloons?

7 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
9,639 battles

Really want the Haida but can't get her with in-game doubloons? Didn't realize this or would have gone to the website instead of buying doubloons. Any way of making this work or am I stuck with 50 bucks worth of doubloons

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
381 posts
11,621 battles

new premium ships usually only available through shop directly. doubloons can only buy ships on the tech tree. At this point, you can either save your doubloons and wait for Haida to appear on tech tree some day, or you can send ticket to Wargaming explaining what you did and hope they will let you exchange your doubloons for the ship

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
9,742 posts
16,519 battles
27 minutes ago, kinnard63 said:

Really want the Haida but can't get her with in-game doubloons? Didn't realize this or would have gone to the website instead of buying doubloons. Any way of making this work or am I stuck with 50 bucks worth of doubloons

You can get some fine permanent camouflages with those doubloons though, they were on sale recently so you may want to wait until they go on sale again. There are other good uses for doubloons, exchanging doubloons for credits unfortunately isn't one of them. WG really has to add another zero to the exchange rate. For me, the doubloon to XP exchange rate is prohibitive also. I do however have perma camo on all of the ships that I have in port and they are available on. I figure that I have bought somewhere around 42 perma camos so far, They get spendy around tiers 9 and 10 but at least I can see their value. Have fun with Haida I bought her in a bundle with the Maple leaf camo, which I like a lot but will probably run with the more subdued one. I suppose I can run the Maple leaf on Canada day though. Respect ya know.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
9 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You can get some fine permanent camouflages with those doubloons though, they were on sale recently so you may want to wait until they go on sale again. There are other good uses for doubloons, exchanging doubloons for credits unfortunately isn't one of them. WG really has to add another zero to the exchange rate. For me, the doubloon to XP exchange rate is prohibitive also. I do however have perma camo on all of the ships that I have in port and they are available on. I figure that I have bought somewhere around 42 perma camos so far, They get spendy around tiers 9 and 10 but at least I can see their value. Have fun with Haida I bought her in a bundle with the Maple leaf camo, which I like a lot but will probably run with the more subdued one. I suppose I can run the Maple leaf on Canada day though. Respect ya know.

There is a 40% sale on camo for doubloons and credits starting tomorrow, Jul 2nd and running until, probably early morning, Jul 9th. We don't know if that sale will include perma-camo.

I13Lsyv.jpg

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

OP, if you haven't spent any, you can get a refund IIRC. Submit a support ticket and they will give you your money back and you can then buy Haida. 

13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

We don't know if that sale will include perma-camo.

It won't. They specifically say when it does include perma-camo, and the discount doesn't apply to tier 10. 

[PVE]
Members
19,833 posts
11,995 battles
6 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

OP, if you haven't spent any, you can get a refund IIRC. Submit a support ticket and they will give you your money back and you can then buy Haida. 

It won't. They specifically say when it does include perma-camo, and the discount doesn't apply to tier 10. 

Oh well. Maybe there will be another perma-camo sale in the future.