You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JochenHeiden

Z-39 is BEAST

6 comments in this topic

[DOMN8]
Members
863 posts
8,112 battles

With the release of the Haida, I just thought I would remind everyone not to forget about your Z-39s.  In my opinion, it is still the far superior ship!  The proof is in the pudding:

WTR stats don't seem to be working on Warships today, but the rest of the stats are there.  Check out that win rate.

c00973bc4eca117a7a19e2bed8bda689.png

Here is my captain:

d1ee092558f398aea7313dd77b271b2f.png

Here is my build:

0392bf763e1abfb8242781a8ea41cc5b.png

[5IN]
Members
1,926 posts
8,948 battles

I've only ever fought them with my Ernst Gaede and agree they are pretty strong, especially in the right hands.

I plan on picking one up when it eventually makes it back on sale.

B

[TBW]
Members
6,966 posts
12,900 battles
41 minutes ago, JochenHeiden said:

WTR stats don't seem to be working on Warships today,

Yes, for some reason German DDs and I click. I would definitely recommend her. There are other stat sites for WOWs you know.

https://na.wows-numbers.com/

http://www.wowstats.org/

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
1,718 posts
9,127 battles

Hey

Let's keep this in perspective; the Z39 is essentially a Z23 at T7, so it really shouldn't be a big surprise that it's strong.   Given that it's downgraded to T7; why didn't they make the T61, they could have left it like it was, and just slotted it to T7.  Go figure.

Pete

Members
58 posts
3,468 battles

Personally I was grinding german dds anyway; naturally i picked up the Z39 when I saw it released. 

They are an easy ship to play because offensively, they can be effective both as gunboat and torp boat - at the same time. Look at your captain build; not a lot of points added to torps or guns. A little improved torp reload, a little extra fire, but those are not *vital* to make this ship effective in the game. 

Defensively who can ask for more than good concealment and deep hitpoints? 

Also, citadel hits on Cleveland are my favourite thing :)

[WOLF6]
Members
2,301 posts
5,128 battles

Strong in Operations, too. Torps, torp reload, Hydro and concealment. Guns are slow, but hit hard, especially AP. I am doing stupidly well in it, better than the T-61. No idea why.

Z-39 Operation.png