You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DemonW0lf

If your stuck on having to get 1750 base xp just try your hardest and you will suceed.

26 comments in this topic

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
254 posts

Well I just wish that the replay's are installed automatically as I had one of my best battles in a long time just now.I equipped my last Asian Lantern not sure where I got them from but I figured why not give it a try... Battle proceeded I told my team to just work together and we will win. I then proceed to head towards C then switched over to B slowly and sunk two of their dd's. Their Hindenburg got stuck next to an island fired his torps at me. I managed to slow down enough to reverse in time so they missed me.   And then I went around the map supporting my team. I just wish i had the reply as I feel it might have been featured on their channel as that is one of my best battles with my kurfust in awhile. But thats life at least I have pictures to show the memories. So yeah in conclusion I would to thank my dd's for their support in ensuring we would win the battle as well as the rest of my team and lastly don't give up if you cant get the 1750 base xp just try your best and you will succeed :)

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

If you have a Sims play that, its a beast in gaining base XP in a match, with no flags attached.

• Cool 1

[IHW]
254 posts
9 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

If you have a Sims play that, its a beast in gaining base XP in a match, with no flags attached.

Ive had one since Closed Beta but ive not taken it out in a long time.

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

I'm convinced they did something to the base XP calculations.  I've been STRUGGLING in DDs to break 2k base, no matter how outstanding the round was.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
1 minute ago, DemonW0lf said:

Ive had one since Closed Beta but ive not taken it out in a long time.

I solo capped 4 had about 25-30k damage, stole a kill, 136 hits from my guns, for a base xp of 4411, its crazy good when you have these kinds of missions to do.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper said:

Meanwhile, I finished that in Worcester for my first battle of Friday. I thought it was going to be hard. lol

Same, I think it did this in my Z23, but first game of the day.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
795 posts
11,957 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

Same, I think it did this in my Z23, but first game of the day.

Same only in my Khab.

Now for those that haven't done it yet there is now an added bonus if you haven't seen the July missions yet,

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/july-missions-2018/

the "Challenge of the Day" missions are all base XP based, so you can work on them at the same time as trying for the 1750 (highest Challenge XP is 1300).

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
4,861 battles

"Do your best", not "Try your hardest"

The harder you try the harder you fail.

Members
1,925 posts
7,591 battles
53 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

I solo capped 4 had about 25-30k damage, stole a kill, 136 hits from my guns, for a base xp of 4411, its crazy good when you have these kinds of missions to do.

You were looking at modified XP. I don't think I've ever seen a base XP over 3000.  That stat line certainly wouldn't have done it. 

Base XP is your score on the team performance screen. 

[PVE]
Members
3,789 posts
16,190 battles

Been at this since Friday.  No joy.  1735, 1715, 1717......and dozens of 12 and 13's...  Even had a battle with 4 kills, 3 caps and 35 hits and didn't reach 1750....    If that wasn't good enough, what's the point? 

This task I will not achieve and I hope for something "doable" for average players next week. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,533 posts
12,810 battles

Ive been unable to carry my teams all weekend on EU.  I lost 12 straight, had enough of that [edited].

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,234 posts
23,629 battles

Did it last night in a Farragut of all things.  :cap_fainting:

[4HIM]
Members
2,904 posts
11,145 battles

BAD losing streak yesterday.  I just hung it up but stayed on line so I'd count toward the number logged in.  Every time there's one of these 'get a win and......' missions I go on a hideous losing streak.  

[YORHA]
Members
4,796 posts
9,431 battles

Up to this one I was 17 for 17, but then I just couldn't get it done.  If I had a great game my team lost.  If my team won I couldn't do anything right.  I tried at least 30 matches in NC, Iowa, Montana, Conqueror,  Cleveland and Baltimore.  Nothing worked.  I had given up on this one.

Then I took my Conqueror  again out to clean up the daily mission requirements.

2016 base XP.

#feelsgoodman

• Cool 1

Members
545 posts
5,350 battles

Completed it in an epicenter match using a Z-39.  Damage wasn't anything ridiculous; 56k or so IIRC but had 4 kills and multiple caps/assists.  Didn't get it by much,  like 1785 or something but I got it.  Funny thing is I wasn't even trying.  Saw the rewards at the end and was like... I did what?  Yay me.  Had totally forgotten about the mission.

[DRNX]
Members
444 posts
10,134 battles

Tried to get it the last 3 days finally got it in my Bismarck a few hrs ago. Didn't seem like a good base xp game but it gave me 1,800 xp so I'll take it :).

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
14 hours ago, DemonW0lf said:

if you cant get the 1750 base xp just try your best and you will succeed :)

You know you could just play Operation Cherry Blossom. I've been playing Charles Martel and realize that I've been getting 2k base XP in almost every game. I'm not dissing Random Battles or anything, but Cherry Blossom is surprisingly fun to play and it's likely WG will remove it soon since it's easy to farm XP (I daresay it's better than Narai). So enjoy it while it lasts.

Beta Testers
1,438 posts
14 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

tried that. could buy a win.

in the time I went to the left side and spotted the first ship, my right side had already lost 4-5 ships.

This happened 3 times in a row, 3 times lost as top XP earner, and I shelved the sims again.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
2,173 posts
4,606 battles
38 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

You know you could just play Operation Cherry Blossom. I've been playing Charles Martel and realize that I've been getting 2k base XP in almost every game. I'm not dissing Random Battles or anything, but Cherry Blossom is surprisingly fun to play and it's likely WG will remove it soon since it's easy to farm XP (I daresay it's better than Narai). So enjoy it while it lasts.

It's not better than Narai, you can be sure WG won't make that mistake again willingly. I was making more XP on my Scharn doing Narai than i ever will in Cherry Blossom just due to the XP boost alone not to mention it was face rolling easy. In Cherry Blossom you can mess up easy with the torp soup. In Narai it basically came down to a game of "chase the Atlanta" and if one wasn't present it was "chase the Shiny horse".

Edited by xalmgrey

[WOLFB]
Members
3,372 posts
14,010 battles

I finished this mission by just playing one battle with my Henri. Using T10 ship greatly help since you earn a lot of XP at high tier.

[IHW]
254 posts
22 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

BAD losing streak yesterday.  I just hung it up but stayed on line so I'd count toward the number logged in.  Every time there's one of these 'get a win and......' missions I go on a hideous losing streak.  

I find it you keep trying somehow things work themselves out Saturday I think I went around 5 and 15 and yesterday I went about 8 and 3. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,796 posts
9,431 battles
11 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Nope.  The Indianapolis missions are Random and Ranked only.

• Cool 1