Sign in to follow this  
6_Actual

Concealability not working

28 comments in this topic

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts

It appears that the enhancment selections (captain perk and ship camo perks) are not working to enhance the concealability of ships. Prior to the event this weekend, I would always be able to spot other dd's before they spot me and consistently so. Now, since the event, i am getting spotted by cruisers with no other ships closer

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,798 posts
4,892 battles

They work fine for me, I think you are missing something.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,350 posts
17,564 battles

An incredibly vague claim with no supporting evidence whatsoever. Please provide screenshots or replay.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
15 minutes ago, 6_Actual said:

It appears that the enhancment selections (captain perk and ship camo perks) are not working to enhance the concealability of ships. Prior to the event this weekend, I would always be able to spot other dd's before they spot me and consistently so. Now, since the event, i am getting spotted by cruisers with no other ships closer

Works fine for me what ship are you using with the concealment expert on?

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

An incredibly vague claim with no supporting evidence whatsoever. Please provide screenshots or replay.

Id also agree with Lert we need screen shots please.

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

Works fine for me what ship are you using with the concealment expert on?

so sorry, i guess ship type would be important. I am using the Gearing. I ran into a Worcester in open sea, (no mountains to hide behind) and he spotted me at 8.6, just as i spotted him and then he radar'd me for all of his buddies around him, no one closer because i also have the radio location feature as well.

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts

i did get radar'd after being spotted. No radar on prior to 8.6 but also that would not explain why I usually spot cruisers well before that, especially when looking in the direction of my radio location perk

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts

still having the same issue. I am in a Gearing with a concealability rating of 95. My stats "say" i am detectable by sea at 5.8 miles. As has been since the 4th of July event, I am now being spotted at 6.1 miles. I know this because I was looking in the direction of my radar indicator and another Gearing showed up at 5.6 right where i was looking for over 20 seconds yet he spotted me well before i spotted him. Prior to 4th of july event, this was not happening and i would easily spot others before I was spotted.  I have redistributed perks, taken off camouflage, removed flags and added them all back on and i am still not getting the same performance from the concealment perk that I was before.  And no, there was no radar or sonar going prior or after being spotted by the enemy Gearing.

Edited by 6_Actual

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts
On 7/1/2018 at 12:35 PM, torpsRus said:

Id also agree with Lert we need screen shots please.

Do you have a suggestion for video capture software?

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
8 minutes ago, 6_Actual said:

Do you have a suggestion for video capture software?

OBS its free

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts

Contact.mp4

Stats.mp4

lineup.mp4

Stats video provides overview of my ship stats

lineup video shows how I compare to other ships showing I have the best concelment and, if i understand correctly, shouldn't be spotted before I spot them

contact video shows I don't spot the other ship till well after he spots me.

Edited by 6_Actual
commentary

Community Department
3,294 posts
1,296 battles
On 01.07.2018 at 7:18 PM, 6_Actual said:

There is no any bug detected about concealment at the moment. Probably some players use Target Acquisition System Modification 1. If you have not bad concealment you may surprise your opponent with increased spotting range. It works well for me. 

Spoiler

D7QarFnGy7o.jpg

But if you think you have issue than please make some screenshots or rather a video. 

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts
On 7/18/2018 at 1:07 PM, turbo07 said:

There is no any bug detected about concealment at the moment. Probably some players use Target Acquisition System Modification 1. If you have not bad concealment you may surprise your opponent with increased spotting range. It works well for me. 

Hide contents

D7QarFnGy7o.jpg

But if you think you have issue than please make some screenshots or rather a video. 

please see post immediately above for video

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
On 01/07/2018 at 2:48 PM, 6_Actual said:

so sorry, i guess ship type would be important. I am using the Gearing. I ran into a Worcester in open sea, (no mountains to hide behind) and he spotted me at 8.6, just as i spotted him and then he radar'd me for all of his buddies around him, no one closer because i also have the radio location feature as well.

actually that happen to me yesterday in my gearing vs a worcester in open sea all of sudden he was in my face at 8km or so and he radared me

and i thaught to myself didnt know worcester could stealth radar like that

then i was like questionning myself why didnt it never happen before

i wanted to look at my worcester and see if it was possible to drop concealenent at 8.5km but i got sidetrack and forgot about it

[2CUTE]
Supertester
4,137 posts
4,421 battles
On 18/07/2018 at 6:36 AM, 6_Actual said:

Shima has a 5.6km detection. Also if you didn't know, gearing has a "legendary module" that gives her a 5.64km concealment. The lineup comparison is honestly not that useful and I would recommend using the WoWs fitting tool website to compare concealment between DDs https://wowsft.com/WarshipStats

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles

Option 1: I would assume that you were spotted by a better concealed DD. Worchester probably used radar after you disappeared from that DD's view or used it the moment you were spotted.

Option 2: Worchester is running a concealment build and the moment you spotted him, he hit the radar. A Cleveland can be detected out to 9.1 km's with a full camo build and radar out to 9km's. The moment I get spotted in my Cleveland and can't see what's doing the spotting, I hit that radar.

Option 3: Do you run your Gearing with any 3% concealment camo's? That 3% does matter and if another Gearing does have that camo, he will out-spot you even if the number in the lineup says that you are the same.

Option 4: (My own issues) Do you have a crappy Hughes net connection such as myself and have the enemy ship render a couple seconds too late...

1 hour ago, iamplaya said:

actually that happen to me yesterday in my gearing vs a worcester in open sea all of sudden he was in my face at 8km or so and he radared me

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:48 PM, 6_Actual said:

radar indicator

"Radio" indicator? 4th lv skill that lets you know where the nearest enemy is?

I'm not sure how this thing works on the users end, but that skill also lets a enemy know that they are being detected. It can and could be used to help the enemy find your position. Doesn't change much on the concealment factor. But a DD or cruiser being targeted can use it to help them determine where you are and/or if you are close. At 8km's you are well within the Worchester's radar range.

From the wiki: Her next major trait is her control of vision. Worcester can get down to a 9.5km detectability range enabling her to sneak up on most any cruiser, and also have the capacity to use her radar from stealth without being detected.

Not sure how it snuck up on you at 8km's... unless it was hiding behind a smoke screen or a rock, but the key thing here is that it will immediately know that there is a DD nearby (and within its radar range) if it cannot see what's detecting it.

Edited by Levits

[LOU1]
Members
4,094 posts
11,423 battles

Along with recording video, which may affect performance, you can also enable replays using a mod or instructions on the forum.

You may be having lag issues, it was bad for me yesterday and was especially pronounced after the July 4 patch.  I finally figured out that my video card was being overloaded in any windowed mode (this has been corrected and is no longer the case).  Lag/ping will cause issues with detection notifications and rendering.  For instance, Radar/Sonar could light you up a couple of seconds before you are notified.  A plane could also have detected you on the edge of its range for a split second or another ship's radar as it was moving out of range, prompting the Worcester to pop its radar.  It was a known "feature" in WOT that you would be detected one or two seconds before being notified.  It was important to take that into account or a sharp player anticipating a tank at your location could delete you before you knew they were there.  For example, in WOWS it is possible to blip target-lock on and off with the X-key without alerting the target that they were detected  (just like in WOT) due to the time it takes information to get to the server, be processed, and return.

A replay would allow us to see if there was another ship/plane somewhere else that was spotting you or the actual timing of the detection notifications.  If there is an issue, Support needs to know about it (before it affects others too much).

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts
12 hours ago, Levits said:
12 hours ago, Levits said:

Option 1: I would assume that you were spotted by a better concealed DD. Worchester probably used radar after you disappeared from that DD's view or used it the moment you were spotted.

Option 2: Worchester is running a concealment build and the moment you spotted him, he hit the radar. A Cleveland can be detected out to 9.1 km's with a full camo build and radar out to 9km's. The moment I get spotted in my Cleveland and can't see what's doing the spotting, I hit that radar.

Option 3: Do you run your Gearing with any 3% concealment camo's? That 3% does matter and if another Gearing does have that camo, he will out-spot you even if the number in the lineup says that you are the same.

Option 4: (My own issues) Do you have a crappy Hughes net connection such as myself and have the enemy ship render a couple seconds too late...

"

Thanks for offering some help here. I am open to running down all suggestions. To address the options you listed...

Option 1: I provided a lineup video that shows I had better conceal than every other ship so that's not it.

Option 3:  Yes I run the elite ship camo that has added concealment

Option 4: My internet is decent. I don't think that is the issue since it didn't use to happen till the July 4th event

"Radio" indicator"        Yes it does but I only put it on after I was having the issues of being spotted before everyone.

Not sure how it snuck up on you at 8km's... unless it was hiding behind a smoke screen or a rock, but the key thing here is that it will immediately know that there is a DD nearby (and within its radar range) if it cannot see what's detecting it. EXACTLY !!!???!!!

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts
6 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

Along with recording video, which may affect performance, you can also enable replays using a mod or instructions on the forum.

You may be having lag issues, it was bad for me yesterday and was especially pronounced after the July 4 patch.  I finally figured out that my video card was being overloaded in any windowed mode (this has been corrected and is no longer the case).  Lag/ping will cause issues with detection notifications and rendering.  For instance, Radar/Sonar could light you up a couple of seconds before you are notified.  A plane could also have detected you on the edge of its range for a split second or another ship's radar as it was moving out of range, prompting the Worcester to pop its radar.  It was a known "feature" in WOT that you would be detected one or two seconds before being notified.  It was important to take that into account or a sharp player anticipating a tank at your location could delete you before you knew they were there.  For example, in WOWS it is possible to blip target-lock on and off with the X-key without alerting the target that they were detected  (just like in WOT) due to the time it takes information to get to the server, be processed, and return.

A replay would allow us to see if there was another ship/plane somewhere else that was spotting you or the actual timing of the detection notifications.  If there is an issue, Support needs to know about it (before it affects others too much).

Thank you for trying to help me figure this out.

I would agree that the lag is likely an issue but the reason I recorded the video was because the issue was already occuring and there were a few people that made comments that my complaint was vague or lacked credibility due to lack of video. lol. 

Do you have a suggestion on mods that allow replay that wont get me banned?

[2CUTE]
Supertester
4,137 posts
4,421 battles
9 hours ago, 6_Actual said:

I would agree that the lag is likely an issue but the reason I recorded the video was because the issue was already occuring and there were a few people that made comments that my complaint was vague or lacked credibility due to lack of video. lol. 

Not sure if you noticed my post, but I'm confused to why you think it lagged in the "contact" video. Shimakaze has 300m better concealment then you do, therefore he spotted you before you spotted him. The team lineup is inaccurate and means jack when you factor in the ways that concealment can be improved.

[LOU1]
Members
4,094 posts
11,423 battles
14 hours ago, 6_Actual said:

You can use Aslain's mod pack, which Aslain makes sure through WOWS that it is OK, or the WOWS produced Mod Station.  Both have about the same mods available.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0760-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

Download link from thread:

http://dl-wows-gc.wargaming.net/projects/mods/ModStation/release/1.1.4.3/WorldOfWarships.ModStation.Setup.exe

[LOU1]
Members
4,094 posts
11,423 battles

Sorry, hadn't noticed the video had been posted.  You detected the other ship at 5.4km, which is where it should have happened for their concealment.  You have 400m worse concealment and the delay between your being detected and spotting the other DD "feels" right for that difference. Especially considering that you were running on almost parallel courses.  I do not doubt that the other DD turned away a bit after detecting you with the intention of keeping you spotted while remaining undetected.  Fortunately, you were angled slightly towards his path and thwarted his efforts.  It all looks perfectly normal to me.

[-NME-]
Members
14 posts

Thank you. I still feel it is much different than prior to the event but your insight does sound plausible. I'm going to try to go against a various other DD's, preferably another Gearing, to see if that has any differing results. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this