Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Coal Missions for the month.

37 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

We can get up to 450 coal a day in July for the Challenges of the day. 150 coal for completing the first series and 300 coal for the second. The more series you complete over the month, the more flags you get.

 

Challenge Rules

gDdrd31.jpg

 

NOTE: In-game Scenarios are a viable battle mode, but ranked is not. :Smile_amazed: Guess they don't want to make it too easy. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Challenge of the day series one.

ZLTy131.jpg

OY5h8DY.jpg

7F6jpWa.jpg

 

Challenge of the Day series 2

obFFsQ4.jpg

fMEddOn.jpg

kI4dOUY.jpg

NOTE: The win one battle, is not a totally separate requirement. You can earn the base XP for each stage over any number of battles, but only the winning battles count towards the base XP needed.

 

The more series you complete during the month, the more flags you get.

 

EQgLHqI.jpg

zHOziP9.jpg

S2YH5aL.jpg

 

So, if you complete each of the Challenge of the Day series for the whole month, you can earn up to 13,950 coal, plus what ever you earn in containers and other missions, just for playing the game.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,714
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
7 minutes ago, galspanic said:

You're saying you can earn a Campbelltown in just 1 month?

Yup, that about sums that up. Personally was thinking at that rate, I will own the Salem around New Years Day, 2020.. Sweet......

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

When I got back from the store, I was going to answer, but Taylor beat me to it.

 

Summing up, 13,950 for all of the missions above, 5,000 for the Coal for Everyone mission and you are at 18,950. You would only need 1 to 2 coal drops in crates to get Campbelltown for 19,500 before coupon. 

 

NOTE: If you are are playing in Clan Battles, you can earn up to 10,000 steel for completing the CB combat missions up to Typhoon level. I would save the ship coupon(s) in that case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
Members
309 posts
38 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yup, that about sums that up. Personally was thinking at that rate, I will own the Salem around New Years Day, 2020.. Sweet......

The pathetically low rate of coal drops makes me suspect that WG is planning on selling coal in some form soon.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
3 minutes ago, intixw said:

The pathetically low rate of coal drops makes me suspect that WG is planning on selling coal in some form soon.

Well, the above is outside the container drops that you get as well. I don't think that WG planned on everyone buying Salem right out of the gate in the first month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles

Looks like on stage 3 on Daily Challenge 1, the Win and Base XP are separate and don't have to be earned in one battle. I expect series two to be the same.

NOTE: The win one battle, is not a totally separate requirement. You can earn the base XP for each stage over any number of battles, but only the winning battles count towards the base XP needed.

y6ybBWA.jpg

 

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,714
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
2 hours ago, intixw said:

The pathetically low rate of coal drops makes me suspect that WG is planning on selling coal in some form soon.

I agree. Thinking they are going to use steel and coal in ship/camo/flag bundles to try and generate sales. It would make sense now that they got rid of doubloons for duplicate ships. Pretty sure you won't see coal or steel alone for sale though, just bundled up with stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,030
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,782 posts
25,480 battles
3 hours ago, galspanic said:

You're saying you can earn a Campbelltown in just 1 month?

Why should I spend my coal on the Camplbelltown?

F1fS8ZP.jpg

21k coal... still so much to go till the Salem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,714
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,777 posts
22,134 battles
Just now, Erebthoron said:

Why shoudl I spend my coal on the Camplbelltown?

Actually that is a good question. When the Campbeltown was on the tech tree for doubloons, I got it when they did the half price sale so for around $4 in doubloons. Not sure the coal to dollar value but 13k in coal seems quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,053
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,932 posts
8,488 battles
53 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Looks like on stage 3 on Daily Challenge 1, the Win and Base XP are separate and don't have to be earned in one battle. I expect series two to be the same.

 

y6ybBWA.jpg

 

Ah so it's cumulative, cause getting 1000 base xp in one battle of co op is a monumental task.

Though scenarios are very doable to do so if it's for one battle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,030
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,782 posts
25,480 battles
4 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Ah so it's cumulative, cause getting 1000 base xp in one battle of co op is a monumental task.

Though scenarios are very doable to do so if it's for one battle 

Would be a bit of a joke if they say 1300 base XP in one co op battle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
7 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Why should I spend my coal on the Camplbelltown?

F1fS8ZP.jpg

21k coal... still so much to go till the Salem.

You shouldn’t.  My point was that the event will give you useless rewards for a month of “work.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
4 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Would be a bit of a joke if they say 1300 base XP in one co op battle

Oh yeah, probably doable in a T10, but difficult. I'm glad it is not for one battle, but any number of battles.

 

 

Just now, galspanic said:

You shouldn’t.  My point was that the event will give you useless rewards for a month of “work.”

Well for those that want Campbeltown, without spending money, it is a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
736 posts
21,410 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Challenge Rules

gDdrd31.jpg

 

NOTE: In game Scenarios are a viable battle mode, but ranked is not. :Smile_amazed: Guess they don't want to make it too easy. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

You need to append your NOTE. 

It looks like scenarios/operations are the only game mode not eligible for this (see the last sentence in the Challenge of the Day.)

Edited by HamptonRoads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,238
[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts
4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You need to append your NOTE. 

It looks like scenarios/operations are the only game mode not eligible for this (see the last sentence in the Challenge of the Day.)

Clan Battles are also not listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

You need to append your NOTE. 

It looks like scenarios/operations are the only game mode not eligible for this (see the last sentence in the Challenge of the Day.)

Nope. The screen shots in the original post are from the July Mission Briefing. Once I got into game, I found that the battle modes in game were different.

ddXSOx7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,238
[HINON]
Members
12,851 posts
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nope. The screen shots in the original post are from the July Mission Briefing. Once I got into game, I found that the battle modes in game were different.

ddXSOx7.jpg

Fascinating, with scenarios it shouldn't be too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
736 posts
21,410 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nope. The screen shots in the original post are from the July Mission Briefing. Once I got into game, I found that the battle modes in game were different.

ddXSOx7.jpg

Have you tried to verify this in operations?  If it works, you should delete the original screenshot, as this only leads to confusion.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

Fascinating, with scenarios it shouldn't be too bad.

Since the base XP is over any number of battles, with one win in there somewhere each stage too, it is not that hard in co-op either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

Have you tried to verify this in operations?  If it works, you should delete the original screenshot, as this only leads to confusion.  

If there is a discrepancy from the news page and in game, in game is almost always right. And no, I have not tried the operation, because of the first sentence and that I stated in the NOTE, that "In game..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,053
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,932 posts
8,488 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah, probably doable in a T10, but difficult. I'm glad it is not for one battle, but any number of battles.

Even tier 10 getting close to 1000 base xp is incredibly rare let alone 1300 base xp on one battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,551
[PVE]
Members
19,836 posts
12,005 battles
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

Even tier 10 getting close to 1000 base xp is incredibly rare let alone 1300 base xp on one battle.

Ok, I have not played that many T10 co-op battles. I got the DM working on the US Cruiser split and Yamamoto at the same time, so I have played it mostly in PvP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[CO-OP]
[CO-OP]
Members
736 posts
21,410 battles

Just finished an Operation.  Yes, it counts. 

FWIW, 1300 base XP pretty do-able.  Also, for Clan Battles all of the winners get 2500 base XP, and the losers get 250.

Edited by HamptonRoads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×