Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

DDs Alive and well.

71 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles

As the title says, DD players are out in force, radar shmadar, it was only a passing phase, people were complaining about.

DD mania.png

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[POP]
Members
1,566 posts
20,788 battles

I have had 3 games the past few days that had 2 DD's or less on each side …. 3-5 was the norm so 6-10 DD's per game.

[PVE]
Members
3,823 posts
16,335 battles

That's because the CA/CL OP rush is subsiding because many have found that it "isn't a guaranteed win" every game.   There are a lot of games, even with 5 DD's that end the same way:  DD's cap or spot a cap, RADAR on = DD dies.  Then there were 4, then 2, then no DD's and the radar boats win anyway....  We've even had matches where 5 DD's stayed with the BB's and have given up all of the caps......until the end of the game hoping the BB's could snipe the Radar ships....

A "phase" someone said yesterday......no, a marketing test for an era creep into the late 1950's more likely or a test of technology acceptance. 

Edited by Asym_KS

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
31 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

As the title says, DD players are out in force, radar shmadar, it was only a passing phase, people were complaining about.

DD mania.png

Thank you for your anecdotal evidence. It's appreciated.

There are 2 CV in that match. Does this also mean that CV is "alive and well"? Once actual real data is available later today or tomorrow for the NA server, I will update people on the population numbers for the past week.

Edited by Canadatron
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles

Gee, I'm certainly ready to forge my opinion on the one game you posted; thanks for saving me the trouble of thinking.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Gee, I'm certainly ready to forge my opinion on the one game you posted; thanks for saving me the trouble of thinking.

Your welcome, as people often want evidence, I have provided it, thank you for your comment, I am glad you do not have any more troubles with thinking, I would hate for it to hurt you.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

Members
411 posts
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You say it like your opinion is worth more than his screenshot.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Your welcome, as people often want evidence, I have provided it, thank you for your comment, I am glad you do not have any more troubles with thinking, I would hate for it to hurt you.

Yeah, me too. 

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
10 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Thank you for your anecdotal evidence. It's appreciated.

There are 2 CV in that match. Does this also mean that CV is "alive and well"? Once actual real data is available later today or tomorrow for the NA server, I will update people on the population numbers for the past week.

LOL

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
1 minute ago, KonigstigerVII said:

You say it like your opinion is worth more than his screenshot.

No, I say it like one match does not mean anything in a game where there are hundreds of matches every day; opinions are like rear ends because everyone has one and everyone else's stinks. Show me some evidence where he tracked a thousand games over 30 days or so.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
2 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

Me too! And please don't strain yourself gathering that copious amount of data.

Members
411 posts
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

No, I say it like one match does not mean anything in a game where there are hundreds of matches every day; opinions are like rear ends because everyone has one and everyone else's stinks. Show me some evidence where he tracked a thousand games over 30 days or so.

Because its fair to judge any of it a weekend right after a major patch with a line whose role depends on its consumables and AA compliment to be successful. Let the novelty wear off as they get used to being Dev Struck by battleships first.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,282 posts
18,459 battles
6 minutes ago, KonigstigerVII said:

Because its fair to judge any of it a weekend right after a major patch with a line whose role depends on its consumables and AA compliment to be successful. Let the novelty wear off as they get used to being Dev Struck by battleships first.

Pick any month you want.

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,720 posts
13,934 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Me too! And please don't strain yourself gathering that copious amount of data.

I simply pressed print screen and some cropping, my fingers were a bit tired, but after some finger twerking to taa taa they were all good.

Members
1,367 posts
16,667 battles

Last night I had a T10 game with 5DDs on each side. They never had to leave the low tier games (no radar) but it is nice to see them back in the upper tier games.

[RCNW3]
Beta Testers
3,032 posts
24,757 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

DD mania.png

The problem is there , one must open eyes in order to see it !!!

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

Well, while i dont think that a single image is a good evidence. Im seen a average of 3-4 DD per battle, which IMO is quite good considering that four would be ideal (ideal team - 4 DDs, 4CA/CLs, 4 BBs).

DDs in general are fine, they were never dead or anything like that, its just the DD mafia that makes a cry out of everything. 

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Members
411 posts
6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Pick any month you want.

Don't even need to wait a month. Give it two weeks. July 22nd and the meta will balance out. All the kiddies will get frustrated that their new shiny toy isn't as amazing as it first looked. 

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

LOL

What's funny about using the actual population numbers to come to conclusions regarding the state of the game?

DD will be 3rd, BB might claim #1 back, but not by much, and Cruiser is a very close 2nd. Next week Cruiser will be crazy high again due to the new line, BB 2nd and DD 3rd again. Only question is how large a gap is between the ship types.

Looking forward to the discussion!

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,799 battles

Asashio has done good last night. Radar and USN Cruisers are honestly no big issue because my tactics are already built around not being directly at the front.

• Support my allies
  • Be near a cap but not in the cap
  • Runaway when I see radar
  • Stay with my allies as much as I can
  • Runaway when I see anything other DD that is not IJN

In other words, MAKE FULL USE OF YOUR CONCEALMENT

Edited by Vangm94

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
10,384 battles

I knew I should have screen shotted the match I had last night with 1 DD per side...

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
7 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Asashio has done good last night. Radar and USN Cruisers are honestly no big issue because my tactics are already built around not being directly at the front.

• Support my allies
  • Be near a cap but not in the cap
  • Runaway when I see radar
  • Stay with my allies as much as I can
  • Runaway when I see anything other DD that is not IJN

In other words, MAKE FULL USE OF YOUR CONCEALMENT

It's a lot more cat and mouse these days. I haven't changed much aside from being even more vigilant, but there are certainly a lot more cats to worry about! 

If anything the change in meta has shown us how important capping is, how valuable caps are in victory, and the importance of cap support when making a play on the zone. 

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
3 minutes ago, Lensar said:

OMG!!!11! DDs are dead and buried!!

94hTiA6.jpg

7 RADAR SHIPS EVERYMATCH!!!

:trollface

Sign in to follow this