You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadatron

Haida Has Arrived

47 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
7,362 posts
32,552 battles

'Bout time!

Getting it now. Thanks.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles

Do the Admirals bundles come with the regular camo and the maple syrup camo?

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
2 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Do the Admirals bundles come with the regular camo and the maple syrup camo?

Both Flavours. I went for the Admirals Bundle with the Flags, I can buy the other stuff in the Mod bundle, but Flags... not so much (unless you have so much coal you feel you want to buy flags)

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/

Edited by Canadatron
  • Cool 1

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,638 battles
1 minute ago, Canadatron said:

Both Flavours. I went for the Admirals Bundle with the Flags, I can buy the other stuff in the Mod bundle, but Flags... not so much (unless you have so much coal you feel you want to buy flags)

Awesome, thank you sir.

[ARGSY]
Members
15,757 posts
10,613 battles

LOL, I just want the ship, no captain, no flags, no modules, BUT I do want the maple camo. Damn.

I entered the Twitter thing to win her, so that's a possibility. I'll keep my wallet closed until the draw is finalised.

The basic no-frills ship seems VERY cheap for a Tier VII destroyer (I paid more for the Gallant at Tier VI), but they are gonna milk Canadians for the maple camo variants like nothing on earth.

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,802 posts
5,814 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The basic no-frills ship seems VERY cheap for a Tier VII destroyer (I paid more for the Gallant at Tier VI), but they are gonna milk Canadians for the maple camo variants like nothing on earth.

Who can blame WG given all the hype and demand? They know that Canadians will sell their soul to pay for it. :Smile-_tongue:

[POP]
Members
2,243 posts
19,643 battles
Just now, LemonadeWarrior said:

thanks 

finally at last

cheers

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
3,741 posts
5,401 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

LOL, I just want the ship, no captain, no flags, no modules, BUT I do want the maple camo. Damn.

I entered the Twitter thing to win her, so that's a possibility. I'll keep my wallet closed until the draw is finalised.

Compared to some of the older T7 DDs she is a  tad more expensive. I hope they will let you at some point get the perma camo, but as of now yeah, it's gonna be milked dry

Good to see her up and about nonetheless, though I think there will be some disappointment with her performance. She looks like a good ship, but gimmick and playstyle wise she will be pretty demanding.

Edited by warheart1992

[ICBM]
Members
660 posts
15,281 battles

Not a destroyer guy but had to get her. Got the monaghan as well because we share the same surname.

Losing my mind, got the mass as well. 3 ships in 1 week, must be xmas, eh!

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Took it out for a rip in a PvE battle to just see what the handling and guns are like. 

Torps don't hit hard, so save a couple! Was seeing 8k damage per torp on Warspite until I got friendly torped by an Aoba sending me back to port.

The creeping smoke is great, and with Hydro Mod on her the Hydro just goes and goes and goes. Going to be a great defensive styled DD but it'll only have decent fight against DD, heavier armoured stuff need not be afraid.

Edited by Canadatron
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,707 posts
22,019 battles

I see much rejoicing from the Canadians and in my head, I envision them frolicking with beavers and moose, drinking beer and kissing cod... In other words a normal Saturday night in America's Hat... 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ING]
Members
76 posts
10,973 battles

Wiki says:
"She also has an alternative camouflage, Maple Leaf, purchasable for 2,000 doubloons. "

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Haida

Mousey says:

Haida comes with Type 10 Camouflage.  Players may also acquire Haida: Maple Leaf camouflage as an aesthetic swap.  Both types provide:

• 50% bonus experience gains
  • 10% reduction to maintenance costs
  • 3% reduction in surface detection
  • 4% reduction in enemy accuracy.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/163114-premium-ship-review-105-hmcs-haida/

Edited by UnitG2

[IHW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
254 posts
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

same I will be buying it if I dont manage to win one.

Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles
40 minutes ago, tm63au said:

thanks 

finally at last

cheers

Enjoy her! Got her as well on a different server, lots of fun to play. Especially now people still need to get used to her hydro + common wealth smoke combo.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
509 posts
14,651 battles

She is good.  Second game broke 100k, but no results screen as WG switched me to a new server.

Haida.thumb.jpg.48c8b50bad67692bf1e3434bee839481.jpg

• Cool 1

[AMIK]
Members
46 posts
4,515 battles

Got stupid, went for the full bundle.   First game in, it crashes twice on me ( I love/ hate this new iMac).  

However, first game in killed a CC with torps, killed a wounded BB with gunfire, and damned near killed another DD with gunfire before I was taken out.   The guns are nice on this ship.   Real nice.   Nice ship to play.  They have a winner here.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,802 posts
5,814 battles

I assume that there will be many Haidas around tonight... :cap_yes:

laughs in Belfast

• Funny 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
11,169 posts
9,188 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I assume that there will be many Haidas around tonight... :cap_yes:

laughs in Belfast

Be careful and rotate your Belfast consumables properly.  I had good fun in Haida digging Belfasts out of their smoke when they were blind.

• Boring 1