You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BiggieD61

The new and improved CB match maker ..... not so much ...

6 comments in this topic

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,593 posts
15,107 battles

Yeah, due to our main callers having family commitments, we were going to skip the first night of CB.  Then we decided that for the guys that wanted to, we would run a battle or two, just to get the flags and let them respc. captains.  We didn't start till 10:45 Eastern, and I figured most of the elite clans would have already been zoomed out of our MM range by then.....

Nope.

First match, MIA - top 10 clan that finished in Hurricane with a loaded team against our thrown together group .....  a predictable loss.  A quick rotation of a few players so they could do the same, I figured, just an anomaly, we will get a more reasonable team in the second match ... Nope - a group 1 Typhoon team, and while it was closer ... still a loss.  I am not complaining that we lost, we weren't preparing hard and used a back-up caller, so no excuses there.  I am just disappointed that those ended up being the first two matches that a team that finished in Storm last year had to face. 

Not impressed with your "improved"  Clan Battle MM Wargaming, seems a lot like the old one.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
77 posts
7,436 battles

Sometimes it happens. It's day one. If you want massive point gains, and to learn from better teams, it's going to happen.

Did you play in Alpha or Bravo squad?

• Cool 1

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,593 posts
15,107 battles

We had one team that played two matches only, I thought I made that clear ... we weren't even going to run it.  Once again, not complaining about losing to those teams, just making a point about how WG's MM which was supposed to avoid this - didn't.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,722 posts
7,213 battles

Keep in mind there is also the new "bravo" clan feature, and everyone's Bravo team starts in Squall.  We (a Hurricane clan), were running meme builds with our Bravo team at the end of the night, and were mostly playing other teams still in Squall.  The season is still early, not all of the Top Clans even started on time, some clans are trying to build up their bravo teams and everyone is still too close together for the MM to really come into play so far.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,039 posts
11,593 battles

We had people that wanted to play clan battles, so we threw together a team for 4 clan battles to rotate people in and out. We started out in Squall League as we have only played 3 clan battles total in the last two seasons.

The first was a defeat vs a team of ranked 5-10 players. We sank 5, but they pretty much had the win all along. (Storm)

The second was a defeat vs a team of 1-6 ranked players and it was a rolstomp. (Typhoon x2)

The third was a defeat vs a team of ranked players in the teens and they had the win all a long. (Squall)

The fourth was a WIN(!) vs a team of ranked players in the teens and was a close battle. (Squall)

The most we had was three players who got to rank 19. The other three battles, including the win, we had two players who had played ranked.

You needed to meet our clan in battle. :Smile_teethhappy: We would have liked to win those battles, but the dragon flags and free captain respec were the rewards we were happy with. Look for us in the future as I think we have 7 people who would like to play more than one clan battle. :)

EDIT: Found out how to see the CB levels and added them.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[KSE]
Beta Testers
1,593 posts
15,107 battles
13 minutes ago, yashma said:

Keep in mind there is also the new "bravo" clan feature, and everyone's Bravo team starts in Squall.  We (a Hurricane clan), were running meme builds with our Bravo team at the end of the night, and were mostly playing other teams still in Squall.  The season is still early, not all of the Top Clans even started on time, some clans are trying to build up their bravo teams and everyone is still too close together for the MM to really come into play so far.  

Aaah, I see where you both are coming from, didn't even think about it since by default it throws you into Alpha.   Welp, a pointless thread I am guessing, if your B team was seeing squall, that makes sense.  We set ourselves up for it, I am guessing a lot of lower clans probably just ran a B team ....