Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RazgrizRaptor

Strafing Runs NEEE. NERFING.

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

69
[ANKER]
Modder
272 posts
7,185 battles

 

okay, so I've been very annoyed with strafing runs ever since they were introduced. they. need. NERFING!! it's f(ERRK!!)ing bulls(ERRK!!) that a single fighter team can just go "alt-click" and wipe out 40 f(ERRK!!)ing planes in a single pass!! really? since when was the Mariana's Turkey Shoot just commonplace? please, PLEASE, nerf this ability! make it so a strafing run does half the damage that way we can risk a strike at ships. if we had unlimited planes, sure, I'd be fine with this, but when it's able to take out upwards to 37% of a CVs entire hanger with one click... not cool at all. how do you expect this to be fun? even when I successfully "dodge" a strafing run I still lose 4 of 4-7 planes per squadron thanks to the difference in what I see and what the enemy CV sees. to me it looks like I have 1km when they start strafing, but the server and the other CV sees "10 of 14-15 planes dead." >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
669
[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

A counter to this is get better AA.  They don't need nerfing you just need better AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,562
[HINON]
Members
12,102 posts

They are reworking the whole CV gameplay so it's a wait and see approach until we get more details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,617
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,455 posts
17,992 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

They are reworking the whole CV gameplay so it's a wait and see approach until we get more details.

This ... I mean won't you feel silly when the rework comes out and CVs are totally screwed up in a completely different way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,562
[HINON]
Members
12,102 posts
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

This ... I mean won't you feel silly when the rework comes out and CVs are totally screwed up in a completely different way?

It very well could suck but we won't know for a while. On the other hand if it is fun, easier to pick up, still requires skill it could be awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,617
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
12,455 posts
17,992 battles
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It very well could suck but we won't know for a while. On the other hand if it is fun, easier to pick up, still requires skill it could be awesome. 

You making book on that? What odds are you giving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
36 posts
5,386 battles

Strafes in no way are OP. You’ll learn with practice to dodge them. Having a whole squad strafed means you misplayed and overextended your planes. Use allied AA as a deterrent to enemy fighters. With experience you will be able to recognize strafes and counter strafes. With the rework we probably won’t see strafes anymore but I’m just saying it’s not an OP mechanic it just takes experience to use effectively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,562
[HINON]
Members
12,102 posts
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You making book on that? What odds are you giving?

No idea. :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
413
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,760 posts
10,117 battles

See CV rework...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[ANKER]
Modder
272 posts
7,185 battles
On 6/30/2018 at 3:56 PM, torpsRus said:

A counter to this is get better AA.  They don't need nerfing you just need better AA.

so your solution for when your fighters are 20km from the CV is to have better AA? alright, I'll get right on the Sparrow missile launchers. lol

 

On 6/30/2018 at 4:59 PM, IvarTheBrainless said:

Strafes in no way are OP. You’ll learn with practice to dodge them. Having a whole squad strafed means you misplayed and overextended your planes. Use allied AA as a deterrent to enemy fighters. With experience you will be able to recognize strafes and counter strafes. With the rework we probably won’t see strafes anymore but I’m just saying it’s not an OP mechanic it just takes experience to use effectively. 

no matter how much practice you get, that doesn't account for the fact that sometimes the game will decide to f(ERRK!!) you, a strafing run will start, you have ample time to dodge, you clear the kill zone, and then when the fighters pass by the empty sky you'll lose 8 of 12 tbs. I had this happen to me multiple times, and I've had some strafing runs do this to others. the fact is it's a broken system that should have been nerfed ages ago. allied AA only works if you're defending ships, it does not help if you're bombers are on the offensive, because the enemy isn't always going to leave their Yamato alone when enemy fighters are back at base. experience wise, well I've been using CVs since the CBT, not saying I'm a master, but I know how to unleash devastating strafing runs (that reinforce the OP though) and gotten hit by them as well.

 

also, true they're getting a rework, but since WG won't tell us anything, including a release date for it, I can only request the present set up be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×